You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 330>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 2:59pm
Would be open to playing some of our best prospects in next years nations league to see how they fare. 

The likes of Collins, Connell, Molumby and Obafemi have all made senior appearances at club level so might be ready for international football. Kenny probably will give some of these lads a chance. 

I wouldn’t be picking any young lads who have no first team experience for the remainder of this qualification campaign. 

If Connell or Molumby can play first team football at Championship level for the first few months of the upcoming season, they may find themselves in the squad because we have no half decent midfielders. 
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 3:24pm
Agreed on both the above. We are unlikely to see McCarthy take risks. Kenny is building the pipeline now, which is very encouraging.

While Kenny will probably stick with players who are clearly superior to the alternatives (Duffy, maybe Randolph, maybe Coleman) all the other spots are up for grabs. Especially midfield! We’ve been sh*t in the middle for years, and it seems to have been a big focus for him for Dundalk and the U21s. I hope for an overhaul. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 11:30pm

Armstrong oxoflex scored a nice goal for Celtic on their pre season tour of Austria. Well timed run and dink finish

Edited by Pauldaly1984 - 26 Jun 2019 at 11:55pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 11:59pm
Will the EIRE ever produce a player to play for the likes of Real Madrid, Juve or Barca?   I am not talking about past   players  such a as    BRADY    or   KEANE.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Will the EIRE ever produce a player to play for the likes of Real Madrid, Juve or Barca?   I am not talking about past   players  such a as    BRADY    or   KEANE.

We need a young CAMBIASSO OR   the    replacement    of   TONY GALVIN. Pace to scare the opponent  and   wins   for EIRE
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 8:59am
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Interview with Afolabi here

Was surprised to see Afolabi released by S'oton - I was convinced he was going to break through before Obafemi, shows you how much I know! Refreshingly honest interview, and I'm pleased to see the 42.ie commenters on this article aren't the usual gang of trolls you'd expect.

Perhaps the U19 Euros represent a huge opportunity for Jonathan to showcase his undoubted potential, he arguably has more incentive to impress than players attached to clubs. Good luck Jonathan! (pun intended)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 1:54pm
Not massively surprising Southampton released him, his goalscoring record for them was average. He's seems to be most impressive when he's lining out for us.
We're decent enough..
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Not massively surprising Southampton released him, his goalscoring record for them was average. He's seems to be most impressive when he's lining out for us.

Only saw a couple of his Southampton goals, so wasn't aware of his overall stats. Has done well for Ireland alright, I'll take that for now Thumbs Up
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 3:33pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 3:50pm
Is this all based on a report from football.london that PunditArena can't link to?

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 27 Jun 2019 at 3:50pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Armstrong oxoflex scored a nice goal for Celtic on their pre season tour of Austria. Well timed run and dink finish

Barry Coffey also played for Celtic in that game.

Assume he won't be in the under19s squad.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Barry Coffey also played for Celtic in that game.

Assume he won't be in the under19s squad.
I think I prefer Conor Tee.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 1:16am
Future senior management might have some hard choices too make with all of the promising players they 'might' make it coming through In the next few years 

We could have too many quality options too fit them all in the one squad 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Future senior management might have some hard choices too make with all of the promising players they 'might' make it coming through In the next few years 

LOL Come on be realistic.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 8:13am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

LOL Come on be realistic.
LOLLOLLOLLOL

Spain will be sh*tting themselves
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 8:41am
The great thing about Ireland fans is that they keep their feet on the ground at all times.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 8:51am
We do tend to get a little excited about our potential superstars
Remember Conor Clifford and Jack Byrne were going to be our centre midfield pairing for the next 10 years

Saying that, it is great to see so many potentially good players coming through. You'd have to think a few will turn out to be good
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 330>
  Share Topic