You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 330>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 10:32pm
Sean Long was on Reading's bench today too
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 12:07am
Great news about Keown and Long at Reading. High hopes for Pierce Sweeney and Liam Kelly there also
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 5:58pm
REPUBLIC of Ireland U19 Head Coach Paul Doolin has named his squad for the forthcoming UEFA U19 Championships Elite Qualifying Round.
15th Mar 2015

The Irish will travel to Germany to take on the hosts, the Czech Republic and Slovakia later this month. The group winners then join the hosts Greece in the final tournament from July 6-19.

“It is difficult to qualify for the finals at this level. I don’t understand how the tournaments at senior, U21s and U17s get increased in size but the U19s weren’t,” said Doolin.

“It is actually is a bit of an insult to the U19s players overall – which is a really good standard of football.

“As it stands the system doesn’t leave you with much margin for error. The way things are we know that in the first game against the Czechs we need to get something out of it to stay in contention.”

Doolin has named 17 out of the 18 players and will assess his options before confirming the final player.

Overall the Irish boss has delighted with the application of his squad this season and feels they can got to the Elite Qualifying Phase with confidence.

“The players have every right to feel they can go there and do well. They have scored 21 goals conceded 6 in ten games. They are an excellent group of players,” he said.

“We’ve had most of these lads since the Czech Republic at U18 last year. They’ve grown and become really confident. Joel Coustrain, Fiacre Kelleher, Kevin Toner, Reece Grego-Cox all have stepped up and they need to be confident that they can do well without being cocky or arrogant.

“All of the teams we play here will be strong but this season we’ve improved game after game. We expected to get out of the first phase and we did so playing good attacking football. The players have improved no end since the first game.

“You see Reece getting onto the pitch for QPR and Josh Cullen on the bench for West Ham. Players like Kevin Toner and Fiacre Kelleher have grown into this level and really improving which is very pleasing. Ryan Manning has been really excellent since we started.

“It’s a real team and that’s all we’ve always wanted. A group of people who want to do well for each other and I feel that we are playing a brand of football that is as good as anything seen by an Irish team at any level this season.”

REPUBLIC OF IRELAND U19 SQUAD:

Liam Bossin (Anderlecht)

Harry Doherty (Brighton & Hove Albion)

Des Hutchinson (Brighton & Hove Albion)

Jack Hallahan (West Bromwich Albion)

Ryan Manning (Queens Park Rangers)

Reece Grego-Cox (Queens Park Rangers)

Connor Dimaio (Sheffield United)

Joel Coustrain (Sheffield United)

Noe Baba (Fulham)

Fiacre Kelleher (Celtic)

Kevin Toner (Aston Villa)

Bobby Moseley (Birmingham City)

Harry Charsley (Everton)

Josh Cullen (West Ham United)

Eoghan Stokes (Leeds United)

Sean Heaney (Shelbourne)

Jamie McGrath (St Patricks Athletic)

FIXTURES

Thursday, March 26, 2015

UEFA U19 Championships Elite Qualifying Round Group 2

Republic of Ireland v Czech Republic, Carl-Benz Stadium, Mannheim (GER) (4.00pm Irish)

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Germany v Republic of Ireland, Hardtwaldstadion, Sandhausen (GER) (11.00am Irish)

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Republic of Ireland v Slovakia, Carl-Benz Stadium, Mannheim (GER) (11.00am Irish)

savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 9:13am
I feel our best prospects will come from outwith the top 6 in the Premier League from now on.  It's not just us though, how many englandshire players come through the ranks at the top clubs now? 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 12:26pm
Kenny McEvoy has been recalled from his loan to Colchester by Spurs. Maybe he'll get a few minutes game time now.
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Kenny McEvoy has been recalled from his loan to Colchester by Spurs. Maybe he'll get a few minutes game time now.

he's been back a while, he played the u21 match falcao infamously played in
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

he's been back a while, he played the u21 match falcao infamously played in

And scored
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 1:04pm
Is this guy one to look out for in all seriousness? 20 now so would want to be pushing on a bit.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 2:18pm
Does that make him beter than Falcao?
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 2:44pm
Thats not saying much if it does to be honest. Took his finish very well against Valdes .
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 5:03pm
Dan Crowley not included in Englands u 20 or u 21 squads.
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 5:40pm
All my fingers and toes crossed for Crowley!
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 5:43pm
Some intresting comments in this recent article with Crowley in 442 magazine, he actually comes out and says he might play for Ireland as a senior, now this is very interesting.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/arsenals-next-midfield-sensation-whos-bothered-backlines-all-over-europe
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 5:59pm
On a related note: Man City are apparently planning on offloading the old guard in will buy a stack of new young talent

I can't help but think this is bad news for Byrne and Lawlor. I hope I'm wrong, but the Man City paymasters probably see their future at the feet of another generation of expensive young bucks, bought from Spanish, French, and Dutch clubs where they actually develop and play young talent. 

Viera has done a good job of building a youth side there, yet all that hard work goes to waste in the hands of the penny pushers. Remember Gary Cooke? The guy that said "Richard Dunne is not a name that rolls off the tongue in Beijing" (club captain and player of the year at the time). These are the people that are running the game at the top end. Clueless.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 6:06pm

Doubt he'll see any game time - he's out of contract in the summer and there's been no sign of him being offered a new one. Probably more to do with his lack of action, he'd been on the bench there a lot before the recall.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 19 Mar 2015 at 6:09pm
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 6:35pm
If Dan Crowley declares for us it'll be f**king outstanding to say the least. Seems to be a real interest to put the green on. 

Can Ryan Mason play for us? or whats the story there, not called up for England and in my view doesnt have much of a future with england 
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 6:38pm
I see a lot talk about Lawlor, personally speaking i see Liam Bossin being our prospect between the sticks in the future.
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 6:54pm
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/arsenals-next-midfield-sensation-whos-bothered-backlines-all-over-europe

Crowley could yet choose to represent the Republic of Ireland, despite his appearances for England’s Young Lions. "My grandparents are Irish," he says. "I played for Ireland [at U17 level], went for trials with England and got in. I’m still young and I’d never rule anything out. You just don’t know what’s around the corner."
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/arsenals-next-midfield-sensation-whos-bothered-backlines-all-over-europe#kCfsjckHXrSbmJyA.99
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 330>
  Share Topic