FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 329>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 11:23pm
20 yo Caden Kelly made Sunderlands bench today. Plays in the middle of the park. 
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Regarding Naj Razi

It's a great move if he gets into the team soon and starts making a name for himself at that level. Be sh*t if he ends up in the Underage team and we don't really hear about him again for sometime, a bit like Zefi (i know he had an injury along way too).

They are getting decent compensation for the player €450k compared to what English clubs are usually willing to give anyways. 

The more clubs from other nations willing to buy our young players for decent fees the more competition,the more they will go for in future. When demand goes up so does price and all that! 

For the player a progressive ambitious club making strides and have spent big in the January transfer window too to help them push for promotion. 

Como wouldn’t be spending that money on him to park him in the U19s he will likely join the 1st team squad.

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Feb 2024 at 6:18pm
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 10:46am
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

I follow the progress of these guys just as much as anyone. In my opinion, he would have been better off sticking with an English based club. Am I not entitled to that opinion?
I don't buy into the notion that some lads have that isnt it amazing for a club in Italy, Germany, Spain etc to show interest in our players. Cathal Heffernan went over to Italy and ended up in the UK. Zefi's progress seems to have stalled at Inter. Liam Kerrigan was injured (yes I knew that!) but he's now loaned out to a Serie C team and for a fella that's nearly 24, he's hardly likely to be making too many waves if that's his standard.

Matthew Moore headed over to Hoffenheim from Cork, Razi is on the way to Como. It may work out for these lads, but I'd be worried that they get lost in underage setups and some of our most promising talents dont come to fruition...

He's 17, he can't go to England until next January. Clearly he doesn't want to wait around & miss a year of development at a higher level.

Moore is 16.
Heffernan was 17 when he went to Milan, & got a year of top flight coaching that he wouldn't have got had he stayed home.

The reality of the situation is if these lads want to maximise their talent they still have to leave between 16-18 because we don't have the facilities/coaches to help them.

Ferguson wouldn't have had the 12 months he's just had if he'd stayed at Bohs until he was 18.

Not sure I'd agree with that. Playing first team football in Ireland at 17 is more of a benefit that playing U18 in the UK. Did Sam Curtis no harm. Every situation is different of course. Not sure how much gametime Razi would have got for Rovers this season so probably best that he has gone now. 

yeah every situation is different alright which is fair enough. i do think that english clubs , particularly near the top end of the PL get a bad wrap these days. Academy coaching is excellent in england IMO, the real issue is clubs hoarding players for too long. Really shouldnt be spending more than 2 years playing u21s. Youd often see 22 year olds playing u23s a few years back which was total nonsense.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 8:58pm

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 01 Feb 2024 at 9:20pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Joe Hodge to QPR. Loan Deal
Good stuff.
He can get gametime there for sure.
Just has to stay fit.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 8:10pm
Joe Hodge to QPR. Loan Deal
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

I follow the progress of these guys just as much as anyone. In my opinion, he would have been better off sticking with an English based club. Am I not entitled to that opinion?
I don't buy into the notion that some lads have that isnt it amazing for a club in Italy, Germany, Spain etc to show interest in our players. Cathal Heffernan went over to Italy and ended up in the UK. Zefi's progress seems to have stalled at Inter. Liam Kerrigan was injured (yes I knew that!) but he's now loaned out to a Serie C team and for a fella that's nearly 24, he's hardly likely to be making too many waves if that's his standard.

Matthew Moore headed over to Hoffenheim from Cork, Razi is on the way to Como. It may work out for these lads, but I'd be worried that they get lost in underage setups and some of our most promising talents dont come to fruition...

He's 17, he can't go to England until next January. Clearly he doesn't want to wait around & miss a year of development at a higher level.

Moore is 16.
Heffernan was 17 when he went to Milan, & got a year of top flight coaching that he wouldn't have got had he stayed home.

The reality of the situation is if these lads want to maximise their talent they still have to leave between 16-18 because we don't have the facilities/coaches to help them.

Ferguson wouldn't have had the 12 months he's just had if he'd stayed at Bohs until he was 18.

Not sure I'd agree with that. Playing first team football in Ireland at 17 is more of a benefit that playing U18 in the UK. Did Sam Curtis no harm. Every situation is different of course. Not sure how much gametime Razi would have got for Rovers this season so probably best that he has gone now. 

Edited by 10 Box - 01 Feb 2024 at 7:55pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 6:21pm

Moore is 16.

craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 4:45pm
Once they get to the point of joining these kinds of clubs, if they're good enough they'll make it anywhere. If they don't have the head for a trip abroad then there's no hope for them anyway.

Edited by craiglen - 01 Feb 2024 at 4:45pm
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 4:25pm

10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Regarding Naj Razi

It's a great move if he gets into the team soon and starts making a name for himself at that level. Be sh*t if he ends up in the Underage team and we don't really hear about him again for sometime, a bit like Zefi (i know he had an injury along way too).

Yeah you would hope that part of the reason for him choosing Como is that he isn't stuck in a 18's squad like Zefi was at Milan.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 2:44pm
Regarding Naj Razi

Edited by t_rAndy - 01 Feb 2024 at 2:45pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 2:34pm
Calum kavanagh off to Bradford permanently 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It’s not like he’ll be playing alongside Henry and Fabregas ffs LOL

He was linked with Arsenal and those connections could pay off if they’re still interested when he’s legally allowed sign for them.

There’s some well known, and the very famous teamsn in Serie B scattered all over the league.

Really? 

And thanks for the for that factoid.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

amusing how well people take moves to these 2nd tiers. cesc/henry dynamic is a plus obviously but the level of serie b is quite low. bit of a disappointing move 

Your easily amused - a progressive club with good coaches who should be playing in the top tier next month. Good move. Much better than going to a factory club & being turned onto an academy drone.

people fall over themselves whenever they see irish lads go to italy. its no different to a PL u21 or a champ first team. this kid had some of the best academies in the world after him. hope it works out but really dont understand the fawning over moving to serie b. abankwah looked an outstanding prospect when he moved to italy, charlton of league 1 fame dropped him after 3 games... food for thought.

Who is falling over themselves? Big clubs aren't necessarily the best for producing players and if you honestly think PL 21's football is on a par with Serie B then there's no helping you.
Lojak18 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lojak18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 1:32pm
Young Dundalk centre half Senan Mullen after signing a contract with Torino. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 1:24pm

Moving to Como hasnt helped Liam Kerrigan, has it? Gone on loan to a Serie C side. Posters here making the assumption almost that Raji's going straight into the Como 1st team and will be playing against AC Milan and Juve pretty soon.... that's a big step lads!

Best to say nothing when you haven't a clue.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Good move, better than moving some massive club where he will be lost.

good players dont get lost 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 329>
  Share Topic