FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 329>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 4:39pm
First league goal by Ipswich's Aaron Drinan today, moments after coming on.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:56pm
Dundee have brought in Jason Cummings and have six forward players now. Afolabi hasn't impressed on his loan and will struggle for minutes from here on it seems.

Had a big physical advantage at underage level but that doesn't exist in senior football so he has been found out a bit, last season with Dunfermline and this season with Dundee. Will most likely end up back in the LoI in a couple of years.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 2:51pm
No Afolabi in the match day squad for Dundee today. Combing through their social media accounts, he doesn't appear to be injured.

Cassidy missing from Accrington's match day squad again.

Parrott on the bench again for Millwall.

Idah got 5 minutes off the bench for Norwich.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 1:01pm
Evan Ferguson lads? I see he started for the U18s in his first game and thought for a lad that turned 16 in October that’s decent if he can hold his own there. 

See he started for Brighton’s U23s the other day against Arsenal already moved up and he’s not there a wet week. He turned 16 3 months ago? I don’t know much about him but the hype is strong and that is ringing endorsement starting for the 23s already. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

A goal for Jaze Kabia in Scotland tonight for Livi. Seems to have come out of nowhere and getting game time off the bench up there. Don’t know much about him, but great to see

Brilliant and another attacker U21 getting first team football. It has got lost in the fact it hasn’t gone to plan for Connolly Idah Parrott and Obafemi the fab 4 as such but we have a nice few other young attackers let’s say 22 and under playing men’s football. A lower level but whos to say one or two of them won’t kick on up a few levels. Scully at Lincoln is very much leading the way of these.

Edited by kevin100 - 28 Jan 2021 at 8:28pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He’s getting a great experience there anyways for an 18yo keeper find me 18yo keepers playing regularly for League 1 clubs or higher there ain’t many. 

Actually, there aren't any. He's the only 18 year old first choice keeper in the whole of the football league this season.

I suspected as much but hadn’t looked in too much depth. I haven’t seen any.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 8:00pm
Just a few days left in the transfer window, I dont think we'll see any young irish player transfer permanently but a few loan moves might be needed for a few.

Obafemi, kilkenny, Jimmy Dunne, luca Connell and 
Will Ferry have all appeared for their respective clubs on the bench of late but all might find it beneficial to try to push through loans 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 4:15am
A goal for Jaze Kabia in Scotland tonight for Livi. Seems to have come out of nowhere and getting game time off the bench up there. Don’t know much about him, but great to see
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He’s getting a great experience there anyways for an 18yo keeper find me 18yo keepers playing regularly for League 1 clubs or higher there ain’t many. 

Actually, there aren't any. He's the only 18 year old first choice keeper in the whole of the football league this season.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

He made a mistake for their winning goal tonight, clearance went straight to opposition(shodipo I think) and he chipped him from 30 yards. But I think he was been good overall, the defence seem to be the problem.
Yeah came out of the box to clear the ball and the defender gets in his way. Scuffs the clearance straight to CF....
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:20pm
He made a mistake for their winning goal tonight, clearance went straight to opposition(shodipo I think) and he chipped him from 30 yards. But I think he was been good overall, the defence seem to be the problem.

Edited by aviva8 - 26 Jan 2021 at 10:23pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:06pm
Bazunu is getting plenty stick a few fans on Twitter jumping to his defence one basically called his fanbase idiots for it another said something along the lines of he’s pulling off a save or two most games that League 1 level keepers wouldn’t make and likewise criticism is ridiculous. Don’t know what he did tonight now they are conceding an awful lot of goals and generally in a team like that you look at your defence/management before your keeper for that.

He pulled off an all merciful save a few weeks ago against Charlton to save them a point I haven’t seen much of him in general.

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Jan 2021 at 10:07pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:34pm
Bazunu getting a bit of stick for a few of the goals Rochdale conceded tonight. Rochdale concede an awful lot of goals but to be fair to him it's rarely his fault and he does make some excellent saves. But possibly tonight was different, it seems he may have been the cause of a couple of them.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:08pm
Mark McGuinness has done very well for Ipswich tonight, has made two or three crucial interventions that could have potentially yielded goals for Sunderland.

Edited by Green Devil - 26 Jan 2021 at 9:09pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 8:54pm
Will ferry makes the So'ton bench I see.
Little to no chance he'd get any minutes but still progress.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

Odubeko on the bench!

Watching it here....Antonio looks billoxed up front.  Hopefully Mipo (got it right!) gets a run out.
2-1 to WH so all to play for so that's not great for his chances.

musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:40pm
Odubeko on the bench!
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 2:43pm
That finish into the far corner for his first senior goal is sublime. 

The amount of times he said "honest to God." No need to worry about this lad. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 329>
  Share Topic