You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Android TV Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 31>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 3:38pm
I'd have thought that UPC would provide the best circuit for streaming. UPC IMO provide the best internet service.

@ Rossieman - what is the latest version of firmware for the MK808B? and where do you source it from? I did look at this last night but any firmware links were to China and were old links too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'd have thought that UPC would provide the best circuit for streaming. UPC IMO provide the best internet service.

@ Rossieman - what is the latest version of firmware for the MK808B? and where do you source it from? I did look at this last night but any firmware links were to China and were old links too.

I will send you on a link later on HB.there are a few different firmware you can use.
Download showbox and see how you get on with it,its usually perfect for films/TV.

Edited by rossieman - 22 Jan 2015 at 3:43pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 3:53pm
Can't find the XBMC video add on for showbox.

Just checked there and it's currently running v4.4.2 - 107k4 - 3.10.33
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Can't find the XBMC video add on for showbox.

Just checked there and it's currently running v4.4.2 - 107k4 - 3.10.33

you can just download the apk file and put it on the box with a usb stick or use the web browser on the box and get the apk file that way.

did you do the speed test on your pc/laptop or on the android box?Try it on the box and see what speed s you are getting.

Do you have the box powered from the TV or from a wall socket ?

Edited by rossieman - 22 Jan 2015 at 5:33pm
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 1:36am
WTV on cloudworld for anyone who has is it streams very impressive sky sports. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 2:24am
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Cccam-Cline-Iks-with-1-year-Subscription-Support-SD-Sky-Germany-Sky-UK-SKY-it-Freesat/324037_32246240128.html

Anyone know anything about this ??
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 8:47am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Cccam-Cline-Iks-with-1-year-Subscription-Support-SD-Sky-Germany-Sky-UK-SKY-it-Freesat/324037_32246240128.html

Its codes for card sharing.we would be buying Sky UK unless you had a motorised/large dish to pick up other satellites.
It's what makes a dodgy box pick up the encrypted channels.You use this code on a linux/programmable box and your broadband to watch paid TV.

Edited by rossieman - 30 Jan 2015 at 9:20am
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 9:03am
So would I be better to get a dodgy box or one of these?
Can get all the 3pm kick offs live and stream sky on these?
Here we go again
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 9:15am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

If I had to make the choice I would go for a dodgy box.They usually come ready to plug and play and if you don't want a recordable box it can be done for around €70 + whatever the sub is (usually between €100 - €150 per year )

Edited by rossieman - 30 Jan 2015 at 9:21am
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Its codes for card sharing.we would be buying Sky UK unless you had a motorised/large dish to pick up other satellites.
It's what makes a dodgy box pick up the encrypted channels.You use this code on a linux/programmable box and your broadband to watch paid TV.

Alrighty I already have a dreambox anyway. 
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 4:21pm

If I had to make the choice I would go for a dodgy box.They usually come ready to plug and play and if you don't want a recordable box it can be done for around €70 + whatever the sub is (usually between €100 - €150 per year )

I don't have a satellite dish though.
Does the android box not give the same quality sky sports or are you just streaming off the internet?
Here we go again
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 4:36pm

I don't have a satellite dish though.
Does the android box not give the same quality sky sports or are you just streaming off the internet?

android box can be good quality but not guaranteed and cant be compared to the quality you get with sky/freesat.
If you are allowed to put up a dish where you live I would go with a dodgy box.
I use my android box for watching sports that arent on live here and some films but its no comparison to having all the regular channels.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 6:17pm
A mate of mine is using chromecast to display Netfix on is TV.

He wants to know how can he display an iPAD app called filmon from his iPAD to his TV?
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 8:55am
Film on has chromecast compatibility built in on android and ios apps
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 9:40am
I saw that on the android version but not too sure if it works on the apple version.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 2:32pm
Is it possible to put a tv show from the minix x8 onto a usb stick and if so how do you do it?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

Is it possible to put a tv show from the minix x8 onto a usb stick and if so how do you do it?

No I wouldnt think so,you would need some downloading/conversion software like utorrent (I think)
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 4:46pm
Ok thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 31>
  Share Topic