You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

st pats v legia warszawa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 24252627>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Pats had a great chance to make a real financial & mental breakthru last night. 

Exactly. At the direct expense of Rovers. And they didn't. Happy days.

We can have all the rivalry & banter we want within the league.  But when Irish sides are playing in Europe I put all club rivalry aside and support the Irish side. I can't understand you feeling "happy" that an Irish side have got knocked out. In doing so, you are unwittingly ape-ing the exact same sniping, begrudging mentality that you condemn of the barstoolers. 

How would Pats getting thru another round of Europe "threaten" Rovers?? More money & interest in the league is good for Irish football in general. I really shouldn't have to explain that. We need to rise all boats.
Sponsored Links

KingswoodRover View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KingswoodRover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 9:38pm

What? Rovers would have had to pay that euro money direct to Pats if they had gone through....ah jaysus i thought it came from UEFA...NO fcuk that thank god they lost.......do we have to pay Legia now?

Edited by KingswoodRover - 24 Jul 2014 at 9:38pm
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 10:12pm
Great summary ferret man
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 12:18am

We can have all the rivalry & banter we want within the league.  But when Irish sides are playing in Europe I put all club rivalry aside and support the Irish side. I can't understand you feeling "happy" that an Irish side have got knocked out. In doing so, you are unwittingly ape-ing the exact same sniping, begrudging mentality that you condemn of the barstoolers. 

How would Pats getting thru another round of Europe "threaten" Rovers?? More money & interest in the league is good for Irish football in general. I really shouldn't have to explain that. We need to rise all boats.

But I don't give a rashers about Irish football per say. It would be nice to have a vibrant league, but not if Rovers were adrift of it.

If you don't understand how Pats with a war chest and a resurgent fan base with the mooted move to Tallaght is a potential threat to Rovers, I won't waste the bandwidth.
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 1:33am

But I don't give a rashers about Irish football per say. It would be nice to have a vibrant league, but not if Rovers were adrift of it.

If you don't understand how Pats with a war chest and a resurgent fan base with the mooted move to Tallaght is a potential threat to Rovers, I won't waste the bandwidth.

You're a mad cnunt. 

Most of your couple of thousand posts have been about Irish football on an Irish football forum in the League of Ireland section. And now you're telling us you "don't give a rashers about Irish football"???
A "vibrant" League (LOI) means having MORE than one strong, "vibrant" club. The clue is in said adjective. Exhibit A; Glasgow Celtic and the Scottish Premier League. 
Having one singularly "vibrant" club in an otherwise weak league, a situation you don't appear averse to so long as Rovers are successful, is not simply petty-minded, it would also become extremely boring after a while, including for the "vibrant" club and their supporters. We want to attract more people to follow the LOI at an aggregate level, not drive them away by having an uncompetitive league with one dominant male in the enclosure.

I'm fully aware Pat's would have made a fortune had they got to play Celtic. And good luck to them, I'm sorry they didn't make it thru. And I never felt threatened by that possibility or any more inadequate a Rovers supporter after 25 years for it's likelihood. There is no "threat" to Shamrock Rovers from other LOI clubs having some European success. We will be around in another 100 years and hopefully Pats and all the rest will be too.
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 9:12am
Without wanting to be seen to be of the same mindset ever as RTID ;) I can't understand how people don't get what he's saying, if pats got threw we would have had made a fortune which would then give us a greater pull for players which meant clubs like his have a bit less! Zero problems with what he's saying, nobody wants their rivals to do well regardless of how good it would do they league.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 9:48am

You're a mad cnunt. 
Why thank you sir.

Most of your couple of thousand posts have been about Irish football on an Irish football forum in the League of Ireland section. And now you're telling us you "don't give a rashers about Irish football"???
A "vibrant" League (LOI) means having MORE than one strong, "vibrant" club. The clue is in said adjective.  

You are deliberately missing the point. I am a fan of a club. Not a league, not an assosciation. While I defend the LoI with the barstoolers, I really don't care how other clubs do or don't do. Its all about Rovers.

You remind me of that inbred on the Hill with a tricolour with GAA on it. Where is your FAI one?

Exhibit A; Glasgow Celtic and the Scottish Premier League. 
Still over 40,000 punters at games in a city smaller than Dublin. I would take that all day long.

Having one singularly "vibrant" club in an otherwise weak league, a situation you don't appear averse to so long as Rovers are successful, is not simply petty-minded, it would also become extremely boring after a while, including for the "vibrant" club and their supporters. We want to attract more people to follow the LOI at an aggregate level, not drive them away by having an uncompetitive league with one dominant male in the enclosure.

But I don't give a fiddlers fart if Bray get more punters or of Sligs are entertained. I have absolutely no problem with them doing so or being so, but its not my concern.

I'm fully aware Pat's would have made a fortune had they got to play Celtic. And good luck to them, I'm sorry they didn't make it thru. And I never felt threatened by that possibility or any more inadequate a Rovers supporter after 25 years for it's likelihood. There is no "threat" to Shamrock Rovers from other LOI clubs having some European success. We will be around in another 100 years and hopefully Pats and all the rest will be too.
Its not an existentialist threat. Its a they can now afford Ronan Finn threat.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingswoodRover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 9:56am
Cant see Rovers lasting now having to pay Pats all that money...RTID is right fcuk all other clubs playin in europe if we have to pay them directly if they qualify each year.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:23am
What in the name of thundering jaysis are you on about?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingswoodRover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:54am
Read your own post "directly at the expense of Rovers"
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 2:45pm
Quarter to three on a Fri and no match thread up - will one of yiz do the honours , I cant . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by KingswoodRover KingswoodRover wrote:

Read your own post "directly at the expense of Rovers"
I know what I wrote. What bit of it is too complicated for you?
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

So next time rovers end up with a crap draw due to a crap national co efficient rovers won't mind? Every single seeded team won in the second round of the champions league. Then again seeing as rovers were seeded last time out during their "heroics" what does it matter what other clubs (pats particularly) did to raise the coefficient? Then again might be a while before Europe is on the agenda for rovers

Were you shouting for us in the EL then? Its all very Ulster GAA like, basically shouting for other counties when you get knocked out yourself, thats the only other place I've seen similar happen in. Maybe if Pats spent more time into doing their own homework instead of trying to cover up signage and worrying about which dressing room/ bench to use they wouldn't be making a show of themselves losing 5-0 in Europe...

Saint Tom has disappeared again
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingswoodRover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 10:39pm
No RTID it seems.....sod this to pissed off to argue with you after our spineless gormless effort tonight.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:38pm
How appalling we are reinforces the point we shouldn't want Pats improving.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 8:53am
Duplicate

Edited by Saint Tom - 26 Jul 2014 at 9:25am
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 8:56am

[QUOTE=Saint Tom]So next time rovers end up with a crap draw due to a crap national co efficient rovers won't mind? Every single seeded team won in the second round of the champions league. Then again seeing as rovers were seeded last time out during their "heroics" what does it matter what other clubs (pats particularly) did to raise the coefficient? Then again might be a while before Europe is on the agenda for rovers

Were you shouting for us in the EL then? Its all very Ulster GAA like, basically shouting for other counties when you get knocked out yourself, thats the only other place I've seen similar happen in. Maybe if Pats spent more time into doing their own homework instead of trying to cover up signage and worrying about which dressing room/ bench to use they wouldn't be making a show of themselves losing 5-0 in Europe...

I follow Irish football first and foremost and being from Aylesbury in tallaght it gutted me more than most that you shower made a breakthrough. I have followed pats long before you nomads came near our patch but even we had the god grace to acknowledge tou're seeded heroics was of benefit to the game here. Even the ferret acknowledged a rising tide lifts all boats

Edited by Saint Tom - 26 Jul 2014 at 8:58am
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 11:13am

[QUOTE=Saint Tom]So next time rovers end up with a crap draw due to a crap national co efficient rovers won't mind? Every single seeded team won in the second round of the champions league. Then again seeing as rovers were seeded last time out during their "heroics" what does it matter what other clubs (pats particularly) did to raise the coefficient? Then again might be a while before Europe is on the agenda for rovers

I follow Irish football first and foremost and being from Aylesbury in tallaght it gutted me more than most that you shower made a breakthrough. I have followed pats long before you nomads came near our patch but even we had the god grace to acknowledge tou're seeded heroics was of benefit to the game here. Even the ferret acknowledged a rising tide lifts all boats

Tallaght has never been "your patch" LOL. I never asked you did you acknowledge our achievement though in the Europa League (sure only a dullard could deny it), I asked were you shouting for us? You have some nack of evading and running away from direct questions asked to you on here
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 24252627>
  Share Topic