You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

st pats v legia warszawa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 3:35pm
People are getting a bit carried away here I think. It was a very flattering scoreline. There was a foul in the lead up to the first goal and the second looked offside to me (haven't seen the replays). After that Pats had to go for three goals which was always going to leave them open to the counter attack. Add to that the fact that Legia could easily have had a red card in the first half for 21 and 8 commited a few bad fouls too. They were shocking for the last 30 mins where they effectively gave up which is never nice to see. Also the atmosphere the Polish created was unreal.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Sponsored Links

tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by garytwigg21 garytwigg21 wrote:

Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Originally posted by garytwigg21 garytwigg21 wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

What is small time about finding a rival getting slapped around the park a complete hoot?

Exactly Clap f**k them and that Brennan w**ker 

I hope you and the rest of the burberry spastics didn't intimidate those Legia fans too much last night Gary? They looked absolutely terrified from where I was sitting.

Yeah, because I'd pay in to watch Legia v Pats Embarrassed Burberry LOL

Thought you and the rest of the 'firm' might be lying in wait outside afterwards to run them off your manor.LOL
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 4:38pm
Some of the comments here are pure toss - bringing epl teams into the conversion to make a point is stupidity beyond the pale . If Sligo get a good result tonight it promotes the LOI the way we did in the Europa and much needed funds  coming in to clubs is welcome . We need to promote our league and we need the money .
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 4:46pm
Thread was in danger of being ruined again, honest to Jaysus some ridiculous, infantile stuff or maybe it's just fishing.

Local rivalries should be parked when the teams are representing the League in Europe, I'd be the first to taunt that team and verbally abuse them next time we play against them, but wishing them a beating in Europe and then gloating over it........Embarrassed
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 4:48pm

Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

Do you remember UCD agreeing to rearrange a game, for your benefit, during the EL group stages season?

Nowhere to be seen when the European results were going well, what did you do with all your free time LOL
I meant more at fan level than club level, but a fair point.

Put very simply, where in the rules does it say I have to cheer on other teams in Europe? I am not having a pop at those that do, but its not by bag.

I don't disagree with you, not everyone feels the same way about it, but to suggest Rovers were treated differently is wrong I think. I would expect any close rivals to hope their enemies lose and the rest of the league to have varying views. From what I've seen this year the majority likes seeing the rest do well, as it reflects well on the league and might ease the convincing of others to go to a game, on a personal level.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Thread was in danger of being ruined again, honest to Jaysus some ridiculous, infantile stuff or maybe it's just fishing.

Local rivalries should be parked when the teams are representing the League in Europe, I'd be the first to taunt that team and verbally abuse them next time we play against them, but wishing them a beating in Europe and then gloating over it........Embarrassed

FW, The voice of reason. The league is in the toilet in many regards. I am hoping for positive results/performances from the remaining teams in Europe. It will help raise the profile of the LOI and maybe will contribute towards a slight improvement in standards.

El Puto Amo
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 4:58pm

Why? I don't especially like Pats as a club and I certainly don't want them to have a war chest to move from signing our cast offs to our decent players. I deffo don't want them having 40,000 Celtic fans in the Aviva and all the marketing potential that goes with.

Where does it say in the rules we have to all happy clappy each other?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 5:01pm
Since when do people purely live there life down to the rules.
AKA pedantic kunt
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 5:08pm

Why? I don't especially like Pats as a club and I certainly don't want them to have a war chest to move from signing our cast offs to our decent players. I deffo don't want them having 40,000 Celtic fans in the Aviva and all the marketing potential that goes with.

Where does it say in the rules we have to all happy clappy each other?

I don't especially like Pats either RTID, nor would I be particularly happy (I'd be envious) of 40,000 Celts either swelling their coffers, but good for them if they play well enough to reach the CL rounds when the money comes in, just as we did with our Europa League heroics.  It's not only the club's reputation on show, it's a reflection on L of I standards when those clubs are in Europe and Henning Berg's ill-advised dismissal before the first leg irked me greatly as it was disrespectful to the L of I in general (we know the League has endless problems, but we support it all the same and we'll defend it).  So that's why I feel local rivalries should be parked in Europe, a decent performance can only encourage more people to come back and support the local game.   I'm far from gutted Pats were beaten, I'm disappointed that it was 5-0 but what is a bit embarrassing RTID (and others, not only on this forum but on other social media) is the gloating, all a bit childish in my opinion.

We've had a war chest and fooked it up on duds.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 5:20pm
Peace and love b0llocks. I hope every other team lose every game. End of.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 5:46pm
So next time rovers end up with a crap draw due to a crap national co efficient rovers won't mind? Every single seeded team won in the second round of the champions league. Then again seeing as rovers were seeded last time out during their "heroics" what does it matter what other clubs (pats particularly) did to raise the coefficient? Then again might be a while before Europe is on the agenda for rovers
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 5:54pm
Not a damn do I give. You worry about yourselves and we will worry about our results. Last time we were in the CL we had the seeding and we lost, a major factor in the removal of the dud Kenny. Our problem, no outside factors were blamed.

And we are ahead of you in the league, so again, worry about yourselves.
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

So next time rovers end up with a crap draw due to a crap national co efficient rovers won't mind? Every single seeded team won in the second round of the champions league. Then again seeing as rovers were seeded last time out during their "heroics" what does it matter what other clubs (pats particularly) did to raise the coefficient? Then again might be a while before Europe is on the agenda for rovers

Were you shouting for us in the EL then? Its all very Ulster GAA like, basically shouting for other counties when you get knocked out yourself, thats the only other place I've seen similar happen in. Maybe if Pats spent more time into doing their own homework instead of trying to cover up signage and worrying about which dressing room/ bench to use they wouldn't be making a show of themselves losing 5-0 in Europe...
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 6:19pm
Where to start regards last night Unhappy

All the hard work of last week pissed away in 90 hugely disappointing minutes. I mentioned before, Pats needed to play a higher line going into this. In the first half last week their constant breaks up-field took so much pressure off what is for the most part a weak defence. For some inexplicable reason, even after they had conceded the first and then a second goal, they continued to sit so deep they were nearly in The Maldron and they never got their own passing game going. It was as though they had "DON'T CONCEDE A GOAL, DON'T CONCEDE A GOAL, WHATEVER YA DO DON'T CONCEDE A FCUKIN GOAL ringing around their heads so much beforehand that they completely forgot to play their own game.

Regards individual performances, Clarke to be fair to him had a decent game and could do little for most of the goals. But that shouldn't cover up once again, that some shot-stopping abilities aside, he is a shockingly bad goalkeeper.
O'Brien was out of sorts, and Kenny Browne is not fit. Bermo had a quiet game. Fair play Fahey, he done his best to drag Pats into it, he was let down by those around him too often and his frustration showed. Forrester & Brennan (bar the first 20 minutes) may aswell not have been playing. Bolger, Byrne & Fagan worked very hard. The ref was a cnunt.
Foran is poison. Bad enough he was at fault for three of the goals but to throw his hands up and blame young Hoare for his mistake spoke volumes of his own character, or lack of. His attitude at any level stinks and he simply does not know to defend, his positioning was atrocious and he made little effort to recover when caught out. Why we paid him actual real money at Tallaght for an entire season I will never know. He is not good enough even for Leinster Senior League, you cannot coach such bad habits out of someone at 25 years old. He is toast.
Overall, the lethargy, lack of urgency & nervousness in Pats performance was shocking. It was like they'd been around the back of the shops all day drinking flagons and smoking spliffs in the sun. And who knows, maybe they were. But there is no way little impish Christy Fagan should have been served in Molloys.

From a Pat's point of view, bar Bermingham, they need an entire new defence & goalkeeper. Hold onto that midfield, but get much more consistent performances from the likes of Quigley, Forrester & Brennan or else get rid of them. Get a tall target man as an outlet. It was hard to watch high balls going up time and again to little Christy Fagan and he try his best against 6'4" Centre-halves.

The league is our bread & butter. But it's performances in Europe that have the most potential to make others sit up and perhaps take more interest in the League. There was huge focus on the league after the 1st leg. Pats and the League didn't capitalise last night on what potential good-will does exist. Instead ammunition was provided to those who wish to snipe and be negative about Irish football. But if you have been around long enough you would know we've been here before. What's important now is how we learn & respond.

On a positive note, Tallaght Stadium looked superb, well done to all concerned Clap 

P.S. It's petty beyond belief to not want other LOI clubs to do well. Pats had a great chance to make a real financial & mental breakthru last night. If they had, the stock of the League and Irish football would have gone up immensely. If anyone is against that, I really don't know why they are even on an Irish football forum.

Edited by Madferret - 24 Jul 2014 at 6:22pm
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 6:34pm
Well said MF
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Pats had a great chance to make a real financial & mental breakthru last night. 

Exactly. At the direct expense of Rovers. And they didn't. Happy days.
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 9:27pm
far be it for me to twist the knife, but what was buckley doing signing Oman & Foran after they lost Kenna to Rovers.they are both beyond fu**in woejus! surely there was better centre halfs about...

scoreline will give credence to the kind of dopes you find on the International forum above(excusing LOI posters of course!) with their ill informed beliefs on the league of Ireland.

shame to see sligo go out as well

Edited by skinnymalinx - 24 Jul 2014 at 9:32pm
KingswoodRover View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KingswoodRover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 9:31pm
Well said Mr Ferret, the clubs we all support ply their trade in the LOI. Anything that potentially might improve our league is to be welcomed as it is pants and boring at the moment. LOI clubs doing well in Europe benifits the profile of the league, people who dont normally take an interest might well do on the back of a good results in Europe. Sponsers see this extra publicity as something that might be worth looking into potentially putting money into clubs. I love rovers and i like the whole historyand culture of the lOI which to me is just as important as gaai, unfortunenately i am in a tiny minority, so when the heroics of any Irish club (except Bohs of course) is top of the sports news instead of poxy Man utd's latest injury crises that can't be a bad thing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627>
  Share Topic