Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

st pats v legia warszawa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 27>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 8:57am
Amazing the difference a week makes.  Celtic were very poor last week in Rejkjavik but completely killed them in Murrayfield a week later.  Last night Warsaw looked a totally different team and the full time v part time fitness and strength was palpably evident.  Two second legs 9-0 to the pros...........Pats looked totally out on their feet by 3/4 time as Warsaw got stronger, coulda been 6 or 7 in the end.

Anyhow, bad luck Pats, whether it was 1-0 or 5-0 was immaterial really.  Warsaw could be tricky opponents for Celtic.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 8:58am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Friend of mine was in Tallaght yesterday and in Aldi with her little fella doing her weekly shop when the place got swarmed by about 20-30 (she didn't do a headcount)Polish fans all huge fookers who robbed the place. Staff hit the panic button and the doors locked. So their mates outside just smashed the doors (no not the back ones Muff) to let their trapped mates out. 

Any other reports of trouble?

Trapped mates ? I would say there was a few jackets lost in that episode. :)
AKA pedantic kunt
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 9:56am

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Friend of mine was in Tallaght yesterday and in Aldi with her little fella doing her weekly shop when the place got swarmed by about 20-30 (she didn't do a headcount)Polish fans all huge fookers who robbed the place. Staff hit the panic button and the doors locked. So their mates outside just smashed the doors (no not the back ones Muff) to let their trapped mates out. 

Jaysus! Sounds like fun, didn't see a single thing myself, although I wasn't around for too long before KO
Can imagine being out shopping wth the young lad and that happening. Be scary alright. I'd have nobody to look after him while I kicked the sh1t out the mobCool

I would have thought Sham 78.5 would have taken care of a few of them himself whilst you sorted the rest
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Jaysus! Sounds like fun, didn't see a single thing myself, although I wasn't around for too long before KO
Can imagine being out shopping wth the young lad and that happening. Be scary alright. I'd have nobody to look after him while I kicked the sh1t out the mobCool

I would have thought Sham 78.5 would have taken care of a few of them himself whilst you sorted the rest
Ah normally but he's on his school holidays. 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 10:34am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Amazing the difference a week makes.  Celtic were very poor last week in Rejkjavik but completely killed them in Murrayfield a week later.  Last night Warsaw looked a totally different team and the full time v part time fitness and strength was palpably evident.  Two second legs 9-0 to the pros...........Pats looked totally out on their feet by 3/4 time as Warsaw got stronger, coulda been 6 or 7 in the end.

Anyhow, bad luck Pats, whether it was 1-0 or 5-0 was immaterial really.  Warsaw could be tricky opponents for Celtic.

I thought Pats tried to chase the game at 2-0.  They went 3 at the back and were totally exposed. Shame really as Pats never came anywhere near their performance of last week.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 11:00am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I thought Pats tried to chase the game at 2-0.  They went 3 at the back and were totally exposed. Shame really as Pats never came anywhere near their performance of last week.

Not sure I agree Pats tried to chase the game, they couldn't get the ball off Legia and were then either injured or exhausted trying to defend, I think you could disregard the last three goals as the Pats players were bollocksed and all shape had gone.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 11:05am
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aaaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 11:06am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

O'Brien appalling tonight alright, tallaght a dreadful spot for the game too

Saw Gavin Brennan Or his doppelganger at it, wonder how many loi players went
Why? Its not Tallaghs fault Pats invariably get mauled there.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Junkies are an embarrassment to the league

Mods being WUM
He is right though. Pats getting stuffed in Europe is a long and proud tradition. The difference here is they talked themselves into believing that they had a chance after a jammy away draw. Bang. Back to earth.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 11:17am
That Moldovan team Zimbru (?) 10-0 agg.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 11:42am
I agree with FW. The physical difference difference really took it's toll. Legia were fitter, faster and sharper. Any time there was a 50/50 header or tackle, you knew which teams player was going to win it. 

At H/T, I thought we had a chance. They had more of the ball but weren't banging the door down in regards to chances and Pats created maybe two decent opportunities. But the longer the game went on, the more Pats faded and by the 70 minute it was a training ground exercise for Legia.

Have to say I was very disappointed by Forrester. Whatever about having an off night, his work rate was very poor. Movement creates space and he offered very little in that regard. He seems to shine for a run of games and then goes off the boil for easily as many matches. 

I hate seeing either Oman or Foran starting. We are defo weaker defensively this season. O'Brien has not been in great form as stated by someone above.

Would have been nice to still have Bisto on a night like that. He offers a good outlet and can make it stick plus he will run the channels. 

Anyway, in perspective it was always going to be a big ask to pull out two strong performances against a major European side and so that proved to be the case. The scoreline was disappointing but it's not the end of the world. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aaaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha

And you accuse other posters of a small time mentality on here LOLLOL 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 11:50am
Nothing small time whatsoever about finding SPA FC hilarious.

I think the small time attitude is supporting all Irish sides in Europe regardless.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 11:53am

Nothing small time whatsoever about finding SPA FC hilarious.

I think the small time attitude is supporting all Irish sides in Europe regardless.

Don't shift the goalposts. I never mentioned supporting all Irish sides in Europe regardless. I quite simply pointed out that your laughter and enjoyment at the Champions of your teams league losing out in a European contest which your team didn't qualify for is as small time as it comes. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 12:02pm

If you consider football rivalry small time, good for you.

I don't want the second biggest club in Dublin winning corners, never mind lucrative CL games. I would expect the exact same from you towords the biggest.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 12:06pm

If you consider football rivalry small time, good for you.

I don't want the second biggest club in Dublin winning corners, never mind lucrative CL games. I would expect the exact same from you towords the biggest.

I never said I considered football rivalry small time either. I said your attitude was small time. Are you Gerry Adams? No better man for diverting attention away from the actual point. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 12:15pm
What is small time about finding a rival getting slapped around the park a complete hoot?
garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 12:57pm

What is small time about finding a rival getting slapped around the park a complete hoot?

Exactly Clap f**k them and that Brennan w**ker 
This time next year........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 27>
  Share Topic