Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diego Maradona - 1986

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 20>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Genuinely gutted!

What a player and what a man! RIP Armando. 
Yeah, eyes welled up on reading it. I genuinely idolised him. The best footballer ever and with the charm and lunacy to make him an icon beyond the sport. He was rock and roll! 
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, itโ€™s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 5:12pm
RIP absolute legend of the game.

Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 5:14pm
RIP . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 5:32pm
The greatest hero of all time

A part of all of us has died

There will never ever be another like him

He made people feel things nobody else ever could or will

He died on the same date as George Best, but he was the best, he was the greatest

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Genuinely gutted!

What a player and what a man! RIP Armando. 

The same i feel like crying. I cant believe it. There's not even a question he was the greatest. I actually remember been exciting to watch him in USA 94 against Greece. He didn't disappoint me. I know he got banned after that but who cares. Cry
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 5:41pm

He dragged Naples from the doldrums to the top of Serie A when it was by far the best League in Europe and never has one player dominated a World Cup to the extent that he did in 1986, and 1990 also, and he was still the headline act in 1994 albeit in a different light.  He was more than just a great footballer but a true character which for many of his adoring fans elevates him above the others for he epitomised the beautiful game for true beauty encapsulates perfection and imperfection.

RIP

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 5:52pm
He gave whole peoples validation, their entire existence was validated by him

This is not an exaggeration

In a world sense and in a non football sense, only the likes of Mandela, Martin Luther King and Gandhi did this

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 5:56pm
RIP.

Definitely going to give the recent documentary another watch in the coming days.

Not much to add to what's already been said here - a true icon of the sport in every way.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 5:59pm
Uefa have said there'll be a minutes silence before each CL match and the players will wear black armbands
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 6:08pm
What a character and not a bad player at all

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 6:24pm
I still have him as my avatar I seeCry
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I still have him as my avatar I seeCry
I've had him as my Facebook picture for years
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 6:36pm
Got his autograph outside Shelbourne Hotel getting onto team bus when he played against our lads in Landsdowne 1980.
I never get autographs but he was special. 
No idea where it is now.
Great character RIP Diego LAS ISLAS MALVINAS ARGENTINA

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 25 Nov 2020 at 6:38pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 6:37pm
A bonified legend

RIP
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 6:41pm
Difficult to compare different eras but Maradona, like Pele, got some horrific kickings back in the day, the protection for such gifted players was less than it is now for Messi and others. Maradona did well to get to 60 given his off the field issues with drink and drugs but the legend will live on. A supreme talent.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 6:43pm
2020. The year that just keeps on giving...
Sad to hear. A true character, and phenomenal footballer. 

RIP Diego.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 6:49pm
Rock star, preacher, prophet, stand up comedian, genius poker player, liberator, all rolled into one

And he suffered for it

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 6:56pm
An unbelievable player - and quite the character. They just don't make 'em like him any more. Who will ever forget his heroics (and that crafty bit of sh*thousery against England) in the 1986 world cup, THAT celebration v Greece in 94 or him going mental during Argentina's win v Nigeria in the 2018 world cup? 

RIP Diego, ye legend. ๐Ÿ™

Edited by ConorMac77 - 25 Nov 2020 at 7:02pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 20>
  Share Topic