Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diego Maradona - 1986

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

is this the one that was on in the cinema recently?

Yes  mi  amigo.    I think so anyway.     He  was like     a       young        GARY      KELLY  

with          FAME    and GIRLS          in              1994
Superđź‘Ť
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 8:00pm
Looking forward to it Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 8:05pm
El Puto Amo
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 6:33am
Senna was excellent, looking forward to this Star

Edited by CSCD - 21 Mar 2020 at 6:34am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 6:53am
watched it 2 months ago, great show
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 11:00pm
Napoli's stadium looks the exact same, even the seats.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

They only recently put in new seats for the first time.  It was exact same as Italia 90 until a year or so ago
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 11:14pm

Aye, empty 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 11:50pm

They only recently put in new seats for the first time.  It was exact same as Italia 90 until a year or so ago

A lot of it has been closed for years as it fell into disrepair, they added a third tier for the World Cup along with the roof, that tier has been completely closed off for an awful long time and remains closed now even after the renovations, capacity down to only about 50k now.

Italia 90 really came at the wrong time for Italian football facility wise, government and councils spent millions on big concrete stadiums, only for a few years later all new stadiums started adding the corporate element into it, Italian stadiums just got left behind

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 12:57am
Brilliant doc tonight.   Really well done   
AKA pedantic kunt
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:11am
When people now see how much he was kicked nay brutalised they may now consider him The Best.

Messi wouldnt have lasted five minutes back then and I love Messi.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 12:04pm
Ahhhhhhhhhhh i feel asleep with 30 minutes to go ,drat ......
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh i feel asleep with 30 minutes to go ,drat ......

You should have had some coke :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

When people now see how much he was kicked nay brutalised they may now consider him The Best.

Have to disagree with you there, on sheer talent alone Messi would have been able to adapt but there is absolutely no way he would be scoring 30/40+ goals every season mind.

The standard of defenders at the highest level throughout the 80's,90's & the early 00's were light years above the dross that's currently floating around. 

For me anyway there is absolutely no question that Maradona was the best player to ever play the game, it was a real injustice that he didn't get selected for the 1978 squad despite his young age.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Have to disagree with you there, on sheer talent alone Messi would have been able to adapt but there is absolutely no way he would be scoring 30/40+ goals every season mind.

The standard of defenders at the highest level throughout the 80's,90's & the early 00's were light years above the dross that's currently floating around. 

For me anyway there is absolutely no question that Maradona was the best player to ever play the game, it was a real injustice that he didn't get selected for the 1978 squad despite his young age.

If you look at the top scorers of each season in the 80's, only 2 players managed over 20 goals (20 & 22). Shows how difficult it was to score in that league. Maradona was top scorer with 15 goals one season.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

If you look at the top scorers of each season in the 80's, only 2 players managed over 20 goals (20 & 22). Shows how difficult it was to score in that league. Maradona was top scorer with 15 goals one season.

I just googled the 86/87 table the year Napoli won the league, it's fair to say the effect of Catenaccio was still at the forefront for many sides with no team in the top 6 conceding more than 27 goals in a 30 game league.

Goals scored were also extremely hard to come by as you rightly pointed out, which makes it all the more impressive.

Football needs more characters like him, whatever about his genius on the pitch.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 7:12pm

As his personal trainer, Fernando Signorini, says of his friend: “Diego has had a life that is both tremendous, and terrible.” Both are given equally memorable treatment by Kapadia and as the credits roll, the director gives you the choice of how you want to remember him - as the troubled, flawed, person who was good at football, or the transcendent No. 10 who in the eyes of some Argentines can never do wrong. It’s a tough decision.

Edited by Double Maxim - 22 Mar 2020 at 7:12pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:06pm

d ie go   ARMANDO  m ar a do na

fil  m         Cha n nel  4   Sat ur day   mi     am igos

Thanks for the heads up I'll watch it on catch up.

Make sure you keep your distance.

Cool
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
  Share Topic