You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dentist Prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 8:44pm
Edit; just realised the yellow teeth comment above was a bit off the mark. Hoskins teeth are of course "tropical beige". Yellow was Sooo last season.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

id a job last year and was quoted 3500 for all the work needed on me teeth. was charged 120 for a temp filling in november

@ringerbell

lost the said job in december and got a medical card in january. got a dodgey tooth out and 2 filled and a hygiene check all for free last month.

will wait til next year get the other dodgey one out and get 2 more filled for nout.

Have you not got one with you on the dole

Have they relaxed the Medical Card rules since the budget I wonder? The Uncle looked into it last year and was told by two separate dentists the only thing covered now by med card is a yearly check up (and one removal in an extreme emergency), which is essentially a posh way of bringing your car to a mechanic and him telling you but of course you need a full service on it boss.

The link below says he's covered for fillings so I think alot of them make up the rules as they go along and chance their arm charging. It makes no long term financial sense for the state NOT to offer at least one dental clean once per year to every citizen as we all end up paying ultimately in increased heath spending. Let Hoskins enjoy his yellow teeth, clean gnashers are very important to your overall health (esp your heart). Dirty teeth costs lives, etc

dentist im with now is a sound chap. he said per calendar year i am entitled to 1 free cleaning visit , any extractions required and 2 fillings. all for free

Edited by daboi89 - 14 Apr 2015 at 9:30pm
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 9:37pm

id a job last year and was quoted 3500 for all the work needed on me teeth. was charged 120 for a temp filling in november

@ringerbell

lost the said job in december and got a medical card in january. got a dodgey tooth out and 2 filled and a hygiene check all for free last month.

will wait til next year get the other dodgey one out and get 2 more filled for nout.

Have you not got one with you on the dole

Have they relaxed the Medical Card rules since the budget I wonder? The Uncle looked into it last year and was told by two separate dentists the only thing covered now by med card is a yearly check up (and one removal in an extreme emergency), which is essentially a posh way of bringing your car to a mechanic and him telling you but of course you need a full service on it boss.

The link below says he's covered for fillings so I think alot of them make up the rules as they go along and chance their arm charging. It makes no long term financial sense for the state NOT to offer at least one dental clean once per year to every citizen as we all end up paying ultimately in increased heath spending. Let Hoskins enjoy his yellow teeth, clean gnashers are very important to your overall health (esp your heart). Dirty teeth costs lives, etc

dentist im with now is a sound chap. he said per calendar year i am entitled to 1 free cleaning visit , any extractions required and 2 fillings. all for free

Yeah that's a really nice touch. Just make sure he hoovers under the bed in the spare room....  Gonna ring around a few places for the Uncle tomorrow. He's on a fixed SW payment so one trip to the dentist and it's beans on toast for a month.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 9:56pm
This the legendary uncle Ferret?
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:01pm
I went last year and was told just 2 fillings was all i was allowed, nothing more. Bitch was trying to charge me 50 quid for my teeth cleaned. Is getting them cleaned on the medical card?
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:06pm
Is indeed. Mouth is like a landfill in Mount Vesuvius at this stage, Export Guinness bottle caps marked into his gnashers.  Be a job getting him to part with more than €1.99 for reasons of personal hygiene too. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:09pm
My man
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

I went last year and was told just 2 fillings was all i was allowed, nothing more. Bitch was trying to charge me 50 quid for my teeth cleaned. Is getting them cleaned on the medical card?

Thats the problem as Ringer and others mentioned. It's hard to know what the medical card actually covers depending who you go to. If you go by that link I put earlier, a yearly check up one removal and two fillings are covered but it seems not every dentist is abiding by that. I'm sure there's a law requiring them to stick by the terms of state contract but sure people on medical cards are only scum who should be grateful etc..*

**The sarcasm font is currently out of order. 

Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 11:01pm
Just got 2 wisdom teeth out over here in Canada and was charged $793 but I get 100% of it back under my work union insurance. Free healthcare over here to everyone who is working 3 months is gift
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:18am

but sure people on medical cards are only scum who should be grateful etc..

I got that impression alright. A chipped tooth and she suggested a root canal LOL I nearly fell out of me chair. She did a good job with filling it though
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 3:07pm
Some advice please fellow forummers. I'm looking at a cost of €1500-2500 for an implant in Dublin. Is it worth heading up North to get it done? I'm told its a good bit cheaper but as the process takes a couple of stages spread over 6 months, it might be handier to pay the extra few bob to do it local rather than undergo two treks unless there is a big money difference. 

Has anyone got good recommendations for a dentist? I'm likely to have to get another implant in the near future so might get the two of them done at the same time. 
El Puto Amo
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 3:37pm
will dental insurance on the likes of VHI cover it?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

will dental insurance on the likes of VHI cover it?

I just checked. No joy with VHI unfortunately.
El Puto Amo
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 10:33am
Just been to the dentist for the first time in about fifteen years to get a large filling. 

Mouth is incredibly numb and uncomfortable, and I can barely communicate. Any idea how long it'll take to get back to normal? Minutes? Hours?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Just been to the dentist for the first time in about fifteen years to get a large filling. 

Mouth is incredibly numb and uncomfortable, and I can barely communicate. Any idea how long it'll take to get back to normal? Minutes? Hours?

So you have a regular check up every 15 years Mr.Trotter?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

So you have a regular check up every 15 years Mr.Trotter?

LOL

I had a filling last month for the first time in years and years and couldnt believe how little pain and numbness occurred. 

All cleared up in a couple of hours. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 11:31am
15 years holy f**k! 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 11:58am
Yeah, I was surprised by how painless it was but my mouth is still really numb and cottony.

Said I was close to needing a root canal and she also mentioned extraction. Shocked

I'm terrified of eating now incase the filling comes out or I aggravate it somehow, even though that shouldn't be likely.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic