Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=48764
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 7:22am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dentist Prices
Posted By: Max Power
Subject: Dentist Prices
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:04pm
Need to get a root canal and porcelain crown and got it priced at €1,400 in my regular dentist Shocked

Is that the going rate down here, and is there that much of a difference up north?

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Replies:
Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:09pm
Bother got a crown done in the north a year ago for cheap enough,he was in a world of pain over the Christmas period,went to his dentist in Dublin who discovered there was a dead tooth under the crown,he said when it was removed the smell was unbearable!

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:09pm
Is there any way you can just get it taken out instead? 

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:33pm
Try smiles. They're usually quite decent

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:40pm
Now did the root bit last year and going for the crown in a month or so €1200 i think is the total cost in Galway Pinch

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:43pm
Cost of going to the dentist here in Ireland is crazy. Went to mine last week and was charged €70 for a checkup and was then told I needed 1 tooth removed and 2 fillings. Total cost was €343 for that so I told him to forget about the fillings to just remove the 1 tooth. Was charged €93 for that which was hard to pay when on the dole.

Only good thing about our dentist is he will let you pay in instalments for the work needs doing and will actually do it without being paid on the day

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:45pm
Go to Poland and get a weekend over there plus treatment for about half that price (or so I believe)

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Stretchryan
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:49pm

Budapest is great for dental holidays

Posted By: shoggy
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:53pm
I got root canal done up here last year for under 100quid

-------------
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:53pm
A filling I had chipped out recently and my dentist replaced it for free.

Cork dentists Thumbs Up

Posted By: Huggybeer
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 4:00pm
go to MYDental beside slaterys pub near aviva
got mine done at same price i was quoted by a crowd from budapest

i can recommend the work also

-------------
Getting old and intolerant

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Try smiles. They're usually quite decent

I've sent them in a query, just waiting for them to get back. Thought about Budapest/Poland etc but it's time off and a lot of effort so if the saving isnt big I wouldn't bother. 

The tricky part about what I need done is there's a temporary root canal and crown that need removing before they put the new lot in so it's gonna be fairly expensive either way I'd say and if I was to go foreign for it, it might involve 2 trips. f**king horrible to think of handing over a grand and a half for it Dead

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 4:45pm
Fairly sure there was a thread on this before - places in Armagh doing dental work for a fraction of the price.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

+1

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

go to MYDental beside slaterys pub near aviva
got mine done at same price i was quoted by a crowd from budapest

i can recommend the work also

Thanks for the tip know a friend that needs work done. I have been to the dentist twice in the last 20 years, teeth are all good could do with a withening all the same

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: flow
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 6:22pm
Twice in twenty years?
I go twice a year n was contemplating upping it to three!teeth and hair first thing people notice

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

+1

No unfortunately it's the front tooth so they only way it won't look out of place is with a crown. When I got the temporary one in they purposely left a small part of the tooth for a crown

-------------

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 9:10pm
One of my best mates is a dentist,will never take any money from me and has done a lot of work over the years for me (I've stopped trying to pay him at this stage) just get him beers.

He told me horror stories of people doing the dental tourist bit.He has had to do loads of repairs on jobs that were done abroad.He is an honest guy and has no reason to exaggerate these stories.The patient ends up paying a lot more and often is in a world of pain as well.

I'm sure there's loads of people happy with the work they got done as well though.

Posted By: atletico madrid
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 9:46pm
Is he the dentist in lovehate kim?Wink

Posted By: Joe Stalin
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 10:37pm
Can recommend Smiles also by the way. Don forget the tax on these can be claimed back via the Med2 form which brings down the costs a lot (hopefully thats still the case).

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Need to get a root canal and porcelain crown and got it priced at €1,400 in my regular dentist Shocked

Is that the going rate down here, and is there that much of a difference up north?
Move to the UK for a month. Get it done on the NHS.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by flow flow wrote:

Twice in twenty years?
I go twice a year n was contemplating upping it to three!teeth and hair first thing people notice

Why should I go regularly when the dentist said my teeth are fine, if it aint broke I'm not gonna pay someone to tell me what I already know.

It's like going to the doctor when your not sick.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

If only it worked like that. The NHS dentist is becoming a thing of the past and a waiting list longer than thon wall in China to get near one.

the new thing up here is dentists charging a few of 10 to 20 quid a month just to remain on their service. that covers 2 check ups per year and maybe a hygienist appointment. Very few free rides left that way.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 8:42am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Cost of going to the dentist here in Ireland is crazy. Was charged €93 for that which was hard to pay when on the dole.

The PRSI subsidy was removed in the 2010 Budget. The Government said it would be just for one year. In 2014, it is still removed, everyone is treated as a private patient, the cost is double what it used to be, and nobody goes to dentists now unless absolutely necessary.

Posted By: flow
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by flow flow wrote:

Twice in twenty years?

Why should I go regularly when the dentist said my teeth are fine, if it aint broke I'm not gonna pay someone to tell me what I already know.

It's like going to the doctor when your not sick.

you need to have them cleaned regularly they clean your gums too which flossing does but not to the same extent and a check up in a doctors every now and again is no harm prevention is the best cure!

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:34am
What is the going rate for implants ? ( the dental variety obviously)

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Probably £750 a tooth upwards I would think. That'd be cheap as well.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

£750 is that with Doctor Nic Riviera ? have heard E2000 a tooth

Mmm might have to hope the toothless simpleton look makes a comeback

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:28pm

£750 is that with Doctor Nic Riviera ? have heard E2000 a tooth

Mmm might have to hope the toothless simpleton look makes a comeback

That'd be on the pricey end. Mate had a fancy Lisburn Road denist quote him £1,100. I assumed that'd be nearer the top end of the scale. I could be wrong.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: cass123456
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:53pm

If only it worked like that. The NHS dentist is becoming a thing of the past and a waiting list longer than thon wall in China to get near one.

the new thing up here is dentists charging a few of 10 to 20 quid a month just to remain on their service. that covers 2 check ups per year and maybe a hygienist appointment. Very few free rides left that way.

I'm an NHS dentist in Belfast and there are plenty of dentists taking new NHS patients on, myself included. You just have to look around to find one.
A private root treatment and crown would cost around £600-£800, though prices really vary depending on the dentist. An implant is about £2000 per tooth.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by cass123456 cass123456 wrote:

I'm an NHS dentist in Belfast and there are plenty of dentists taking new NHS patients on, myself included. You just have to look around to find one.
A private root treatment and crown would cost around £600-£800, though prices really vary depending on the dentist. [B}An implant is about £2000 per tooth.

YBIG discount ? any reduction for more than 1 tooth ?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:59pm

A private root treatment and crown would cost around £600-£800, though prices really vary depending on the dentist. An implant is about £2000 per tooth.

Interesting. I'm in the market for a new Dentist as my old wan was in Ballymena and is doing this stupid £120 quid a year to remain on his service craic.

Where you based?

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 2:24pm
Went to smiles today. Turns out my regular dentist was one of the Love/Hate variety. Your one in Smiles in blanch said I don't need a new root canal treatment, just a removal of the crown and then a porcelain one put in, should be around the €700 mark - exactly half of what my original bastard priced me.

Since there's such a big difference might just throw in a whitening as well Cool

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 2:24pm

Twice in 20 years are you actually messing? Cleaned twice a year at least. I have a serious issue with teeth. I am obsessed with them being perfect. My braces cost 5,000 prob the best money ever spent. Teeth are the FIRST thing people notice - FACT and as flow said prevention is better than a cure. They dont tell you to get a check up every year for the laugh.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 2:25pm
Im going to get my bad boys whitened soon too Clap

Posted By: cass123456
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 2:43pm

A private root treatment and crown would cost around £600-£800, though prices really vary depending on the dentist. [B}An implant is about £2000 per tooth.

YBIG discount ? any reduction for more than 1 tooth ?

If you're working/living in Newry, you could be treated as an NHS patient

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 3:27pm

Teeth are the FIRST thing people notice -

Errrrrrr not sure about that on SGB , now if we ran a pole i would say inplants would be top of the list Embarrassed

-------------

Posted By: Moscow Mule
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Teeth are the FIRST thing people notice -

Errrrrrr not sure about that on SGB , now if we ran a pole i would say inplants would be top of the list Embarrassed

They make your cheeks look big though!

-------------
Who stole the Crow & Meatballs?

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 4:47pm
Just back from dentist now. Had been up all night with tooth ache so got an appointment. Turned out had an issue with my back tooth and had to get it removed. Had get a panam X-ray as well with totally cost being €155

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: dundon13
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 4:54pm
€155 aint bad, i'm due to get a root canal and crown and its gonna cost me €800.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

€155 aint bad, i'm due to get a root canal and crown and its gonna cost me €800.

Tough enough when on the dole back in 2 weeks for rest work needed will come to €365 in total good job can pay in instalments. Makes me regret not looking after my teeth when I was younger

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:01pm
I know you weren't quite braced for that RB and it probably wasn't a drilling experience, but at least you got to the root of the problem and you must be filling better about that?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:12pm
id a job last year and was quoted 3500 for all the work needed on me teeth. was charged 120 for a temp filling in november

@ringerbell

lost the said job in december and got a medical card in january. got a dodgey tooth out and 2 filled and a hygiene check all for free last month.

will wait til next year get the other dodgey one out and get 2 more filled for nout.

Have you not got one with you on the dole

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:12pm

regret not looking after my teeth when I was younger

Same here, paying for it now. Once i've all the work done i'll have spent the bones of €1500, thank god for installments.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

regret not looking after my teeth when I was younger

Same here, paying for it now. Once i've all the work done i'll have spent the bones of €1500, thank god for installments.

same as. i needed 2 teeth at the back out.. when i was working i went to the dentist who quoted me 550 for 2 root canals and them 1200 for each crown.. thats 3500 f**kin euro for 2 teeth. highly recommended me not removing them as i would 'regret' it later in life.

he wouldnt even accept my medical card when i lost my job so i moved elsewhere. got the tooth out that the other chap wanted to root canal and crown and it was basically in sh*te. new dentist said there was no way he should have recommended a root canal

dentists are f**kin cowboys,, basically if u get the tooth out thats a significant blow to their wallets down the line

Posted By: Madferret
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Fairly sure there was a thread on this before - places in Armagh doing dental work for a fraction of the price.

Yeah, place in South Armagh there great crowd for getting teeth out. Very efficient but will want to know your full history.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

id a job last year and was quoted 3500 for all the work needed on me teeth. was charged 120 for a temp filling in november

@ringerbell

lost the said job in december and got a medical card in january. got a dodgey tooth out and 2 filled and a hygiene check all for free last month.

will wait til next year get the other dodgey one out and get 2 more filled for nout.

I need to look into it last time I looked about getting 1 was told would be hard to get it as still lived at hone with the parents.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Yeah, place in South Armagh there great crowd for getting teeth out. Very efficient but will want to know your full history.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:28pm

@ringerbell

I need to look into it last time I looked about getting 1 was told would be hard to get it as still lived at hone with the parents.

i was refused last year cos of same reason.. got it first time of applying when i turned 25. ur classed a single independent adult then

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:29pm
Fillings aside, i needed 2 out from the back on one side and 1 out at the back on the other side, my dentist recommended that i get all 3 root canaled and crowned, that wouldve been €2400. Feck that i said, pull 2 out from one side and root canal and crown the other one and I'll just chew on one side from now on.

And the fecker keeps mentioning how he can help straighten my front tooth which grew down crooked. It hasnt troubled me one bit since it grew and it would cost quite a bit to do, but he brings it up everytime and how it would improve my life. As you say Daboi, feckin cowboys.

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 6:44pm
Do you still get the free check up once a year if your paying prsi?

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Do you still get the free check up once a year if your paying prsi?

you can get them checked but dont get them cleaned/polished for free anymore.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 8:00pm

@ringerbell

Have they relaxed the Medical Card rules since the budget I wonder? The Uncle looked into it last year and was told by two separate dentists the only thing covered now by med card is a yearly check up (and one removal in an extreme emergency), which is essentially a posh way of bringing your car to a mechanic and him telling you but of course you need a full service on it boss.

The link below says he's covered for fillings so I think alot of them make up the rules as they go along and chance their arm charging. It makes no long term financial sense for the state NOT to offer at least one dental clean once per year to every citizen as we all end up paying ultimately in increased heath spending. Let Hoskins enjoy his yellow teeth, clean gnashers are very important to your overall health (esp your heart). Dirty teeth costs lives, etc

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/dental_aural_and_optical_services/dental_services.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/dental_aural_and_optical_services/dental_services.html   

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 8:41pm

@ringerbell

Have they relaxed the Medical Card rules since the budget I wonder? The Uncle looked into it last year and was told by two separate dentists the only thing covered now by med card is a yearly check up (and one removal in an extreme emergency), which is essentially a posh way of bringing your car to a mechanic and him telling you but of course you need a full service on it boss.

The link below says he's covered for fillings so I think alot of them make up the rules as they go along and chance their arm charging. It makes no long term financial sense for the state NOT to offer at least one dental clean once per year to every citizen as we all end up paying ultimately in increased heath spending. Let Hoskins enjoy his yellow teeth, clean gnashers are very important to your overall health (esp your heart). Dirty teeth costs lives, etc

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/dental_aural_and_optical_services/dental_services.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/dental_aural_and_optical_services/dental_services.html   

Not all accept the Medical Card. Know the 1 here that does accepts it for the yearly checkup, all teeth extractions and 2 fillings a year. As you say think they make it up as they go along with every 1 offering different cover for medical card holders

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 8:44pm
Edit; just realised the yellow teeth comment above was a bit off the mark. Hoskins teeth are of course "tropical beige". Yellow was Sooo last season.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 9:30pm

@ringerbell

dentist im with now is a sound chap. he said per calendar year i am entitled to 1 free cleaning visit , any extractions required and 2 fillings. all for free

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 9:37pm

@ringerbell

dentist im with now is a sound chap. he said per calendar year i am entitled to 1 free cleaning visit , any extractions required and 2 fillings. all for free

Yeah that's a really nice touch. Just make sure he hoovers under the bed in the spare room....  Gonna ring around a few places for the Uncle tomorrow. He's on a fixed SW payment so one trip to the dentist and it's beans on toast for a month.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 9:56pm
This the legendary uncle Ferret?

-------------

Posted By: Guest
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:01pm
I went last year and was told just 2 fillings was all i was allowed, nothing more. Bitch was trying to charge me 50 quid for my teeth cleaned. Is getting them cleaned on the medical card?

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:06pm
Is indeed. Mouth is like a landfill in Mount Vesuvius at this stage, Export Guinness bottle caps marked into his gnashers.  Be a job getting him to part with more than €1.99 for reasons of personal hygiene too. 

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:09pm
My man

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

I went last year and was told just 2 fillings was all i was allowed, nothing more. Bitch was trying to charge me 50 quid for my teeth cleaned. Is getting them cleaned on the medical card?

Thats the problem as Ringer and others mentioned. It's hard to know what the medical card actually covers depending who you go to. If you go by that link I put earlier, a yearly check up one removal and two fillings are covered but it seems not every dentist is abiding by that. I'm sure there's a law requiring them to stick by the terms of state contract but sure people on medical cards are only scum who should be grateful etc..*

**The sarcasm font is currently out of order. 

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 11:01pm
Just got 2 wisdom teeth out over here in Canada and was charged $793 but I get 100% of it back under my work union insurance. Free healthcare over here to everyone who is working 3 months is gift

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: Guest
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:18am

but sure people on medical cards are only scum who should be grateful etc..

I got that impression alright. A chipped tooth and she suggested a root canal LOL I nearly fell out of me chair. She did a good job with filling it though

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 3:07pm
Some advice please fellow forummers. I'm looking at a cost of €1500-2500 for an implant in Dublin. Is it worth heading up North to get it done? I'm told its a good bit cheaper but as the process takes a couple of stages spread over 6 months, it might be handier to pay the extra few bob to do it local rather than undergo two treks unless there is a big money difference. 

Has anyone got good recommendations for a dentist? I'm likely to have to get another implant in the near future so might get the two of them done at the same time. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 3:37pm
will dental insurance on the likes of VHI cover it?

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

will dental insurance on the likes of VHI cover it?

I just checked. No joy with VHI unfortunately.

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 10:33am
Just been to the dentist for the first time in about fifteen years to get a large filling. 

Mouth is incredibly numb and uncomfortable, and I can barely communicate. Any idea how long it'll take to get back to normal? Minutes? Hours?

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Just been to the dentist for the first time in about fifteen years to get a large filling. 

Mouth is incredibly numb and uncomfortable, and I can barely communicate. Any idea how long it'll take to get back to normal? Minutes? Hours?

So you have a regular check up every 15 years Mr.Trotter?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

LOL

I had a filling last month for the first time in years and years and couldnt believe how little pain and numbness occurred. 

All cleared up in a couple of hours. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 11:31am
15 years holy f**k! 

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 11:58am
Yeah, I was surprised by how painless it was but my mouth is still really numb and cottony.

Said I was close to needing a root canal and she also mentioned extraction. Shocked

I'm terrified of eating now incase the filling comes out or I aggravate it somehow, even though that shouldn't be likely.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 2:18pm

LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

LOL

I had a filling last month for the first time in years and years and couldnt believe how little pain and numbness occurred. 

All cleared up in a couple of hours. 
Think it’s best in the long run..

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 1:18pm
It's been two weeks since my appointment and my tooth is aching a lot over the last week and I've noticed a growing sensitivity to mouthwash etc.

Is this normal for a large filling or am I going to need a root canal or extraction? 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 4:42pm
You need to get yourself a bottle of jollop

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 6:03pm
Lads, dentist told me to stop smoking and stop drinking coffee or else I'll have to be back to get the brown stuff cleaned off them again straight away.

I asked him what if I cut down to five or ten fags a week but he was insistent.

Is he talking sh*te or will I just have to give them up entirely?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 6:25pm

Lads, dentist told me to stop smoking and stop drinking coffee or else I'll have to be back to get the brown stuff cleaned off them again straight away.

Speaking as someone whose expertise in dentistry stems from having teeth I woukd say definitely ignore his advice 

-------------

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 6:25pm
I'd stay of them if you have brown teeth.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 6:46pm
Coffee stains my teeth fairly bad. Seems to impact some people more than others. I just get them cleaned 3 times a year. No way am I knocking coffee on the head. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 6:57pm

Speaking as someone whose expertise in dentistry stems from having teeth I woukd say definitely ignore his advice 
Yer but how many teeth are you own LOL

-------------

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 6:59pm

He is talking absolute nonsense. Bet he is the type of dentist that advises brushing your teeth more than once or twice a week.

Ignore.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

He is talking absolute nonsense. Bet he is the type of dentist that advises brushing your teeth more than once or twice a week.

Ignore.

I'd remove coffee no problem and cut down on cigs to nights out. Cutting out cigs entirely would be hard now.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yer but how many teeth are you own LOL

Nearly single figures at this stage Disapprove

-------------

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 7:06pm

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Ignore.

I'd remove coffee no problem and cut down on cigs to nights out. Cutting out cigs entirely would be hard now.

Get on the menthol cigs. Leaving a minty taste and sorting a craving.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 8:33pm

Coffee stains my teeth fairly bad. Seems to impact some people more than others. I just get them cleaned 3 times a year. No way am I knocking coffee on the head. 

How much coffee do you drink?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 8:37pm

How much coffee do you drink?

Too much. Flat white in the morn then a couple of americanos. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 9:00pm
Does vaping stain the teeth?

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 7:11am
Coleman is the only man on this forum qualified to answer such questions.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 9:34am
I've one crown/fake tooth, which doesn't stain. Makes it all the more obvious when the real teeth stain with wine/coffee

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 10:55am

What do you mean by cleaned? With the dental hygienist?

Anytime i go they seem to spend half an hour scraping the back of my teeth, doesn't really make much difference to any potential stains on the front

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 11:26am
i always go to Thailand to get my teeth cleaned and end up coming home with a huge smile Big smileWink

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:23pm
My advice would be to simply ignore the medical professional and his stupid advice. What the f**k does he know anyway. 

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:29pm

There are really simple solutions to allow you to get your coffee fix and also protect your teeth from further staining.

You could use a straw to drink the coffee.

Or, and I think you'll agree that this is the better method, you could get into the bicycle position on your back with funnel inserted into your balloon knot. Then simply ask a friend or family member to pour the coffee into your rectum at a nice steady pace.

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 3:13pm
Life would be very grim without coffee. I'd rather keep drinking coffee and not have a tooth in my head than give it up

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 3:14pm
LOLa real family activity there as well 

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 3:17pm

No. And it's about 20 times safer then smoking real cigarettes. It's still unhealthy and your feeding a habit but it's the better option. I have friends that were smoking 20-40 cigarettes a day, some have switched to vaping and they feel way better for it.  

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: counterlock
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Anytime i go they seem to spend half an hour scraping the back of my teeth, doesn't really make much difference to any potential stains on the front

The scraping is only to remove the calculus, my hygienist always gives them a polish at the end with a soft brush.

I drink a load of tea and used smoke so stained a good bit too. Pearl drops whitening is good, or baking soda in a pinch

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The scraping is only to remove the calculus, my hygienist always gives them a polish at the end with a soft brush.

I drink a load of tea and used smoke so stained a good bit too. Pearl drops whitening is good, or baking soda in a pinch

Yeah mine does that too, was just curios as i've never noticed that it whitens your teeth that much tbh. 
I use those strips sometimes that you can buy in chemists

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

No. And it's about 20 times safer then smoking real cigarettes. It's still unhealthy and your feeding a habit but it's the better option. I have friends that were smoking 20-40 cigarettes a day, some have switched to vaping and they feel way better for it.  
Ah now I'm going to have to go into one of those money laundering shops frequented by people half my age like an awkward bollox and ask them what I buy as a beginner and how much it costs. Unless anyone wants to help me out? Just want to do the same puffing on a cigarette to occupy myself in the evenings. Is it an ordeal putting a vape pen together and putting the juices in it or can a mental midget like me even do it?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net