You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alan Browne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 30>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:39pm
On paper Browne really is quite a decent prospect.

He's only turned 23, has scored seven goals, and can play in several different positions across the midfield, and has even featured in defence.

Surely he'd be a good purchase for a lower Premier League side, or perhaps one of the newly promoted teams.

He wasn't very impressive in that game vs Turkey, but its good to have an energetic, young midfielder bursting on to the scene. 

Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

He's only turned 23, has scored seven goals, and can play in several different positions across the midfield, and has even featured in defence.

Surely he'd be a good purchase for a lower Premier League side, or perhaps one of the newly promoted teams.

He wasn't very impressive in that game vs Turkey, but its good to have an energetic, young midfielder bursting on to the scene. 

One year left on his contact so maybe a move for him?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 8:22pm

One of our best prospects. His level of progression this season has been impressive to witness. A great engine, and as you say, versatile as well. And with the potential to improve.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

One year left on his contact so maybe a move for him?

I'd say Preston might try and convince him that they'll be in the mix for promotion next year, and might get him to sign a short-term deal. 

Although, they're still in with a slight play-off shout at the moment.

I'd like to see Browne move up a level, too often are our own players loyal to a fault when it comes to moving clubs, often missing the chance of moving up a level, at important times of their careers.

If Seanie Maguire can keep up his form for Preston next season, I'd hope that he's not too sentimental and also pushes for a move.

Edited by Maccatacca - 28 Apr 2018 at 9:23pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:30pm
Browne is playing week in week out with a good Championship side and has just broken into the Ireland set up. 

At just 23 there is loads of time for him to try his luck somewhere else if the offer comes along.

A move to a club like Palace or Huddersfield (random sides) and not play/start even half of those wouldn't do his development much good! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:40pm
PNE could still go up. A winnable game against Burton albion next week and two points behind Derby.

Good season for Browne. Has a lot of good raw ingredients
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Browne is playing week in week out with a good Championship side and has just broken into the Ireland set up. 

At just 23 there is loads of time for him to try his luck somewhere else if the offer comes along.

A move to a club like Palace or Huddersfield (random sides) and not play/start even half of those wouldn't do his development much good! 

Agreed - Playing every week in a good division at 23 is brilliant.
He doesn’t need to move at this stage.

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 10:56pm
An excellent season reflected at PNE's end of season awards this evening, with Alan winning the Player of the Year, the Players' Player of the Year and the Goal of the Season awards.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 12:26am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

An excellent season reflected at PNE's end of season awards this evening, with Alan winning the Player of the Year, the Players' Player of the Year and the Goal of the Season awards.

And your heart 
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 11:57am
he has dine very well alright and not one of the 'great dundalk contingent' ... who are struggling
Come on Irelind
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

he has dine very well alright and not one of the 'great dundalk contingent' ... who are struggling

He's hardly one of the "great Cork contingent" though either, is he? He never even made a senior appearance for them...
We're decent enough..
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 1:43pm
yeah that's true but I think sometimes players that seem to go under the raidar to England seem to prosper reather than lads going back to England... unfortunately... I stand corrected of course but sometimes players are built up to go over and don't 'do it'... or cant make a break through
Come on Irelind
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 2:01pm
Yes, that is often the case. With Horgan I don't think it is though, he's a genuinely good footballer. Boyle is decent too, albeit he may well not make it at Preston.
We're decent enough..
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 6:06am

Reports saying Alan played well at Celtic Park yesterday.

Edited by Double Maxim - 21 May 2018 at 7:43am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 7:19am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Reports sayingAlan played well at Celtic Park yesterday.

He's had a fantastic season, reckon one more season with Preston and he will get a move to the premier league.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:46am
Handy having a player who can score from distance, or who is at least willing to take a pop. Both the Irish goals were from outside the box against Celtic. Something we have been lacking.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Handy having a player who can score. Something we have been lacking.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Handy having a player who can score from distance, or who is at least willing to take a pop. Both the Irish goals were from outside the box against Celtic. Something we have been lacking.

Wouldn't be getting my hopes up just yet Testimonial games aren't your usual type of friendly 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 30>
  Share Topic