Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Memories - The Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

dont forget the last line...

The very last line is a change to the chorus as the song plays out with the chorus on repeat, but they change the last line to '' We'll win the Sam Maguire'' 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 11:46pm
https://www.facebook.com/thememoriesireland/posts/295504771826388

The strangest part of this is, despite the clear similarities to the video I made for this song, I had no idea this video existed until today.  And f**k me, its been 15 years since I made that video (tets even supplied the Ronnie Whelan Sr photo -- and they used the same footage it would seem).

Edited by theworm2345 - 21 Jun 2020 at 12:14am
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 12:42am
I didn't even know there was a video for it.

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 11:53am
Cheers for the share lads...

Its a brilliant song. I've tried to DJ it with the Billy Joel Original, exact same structure and length. Tempo is only slightly different, very easy to match and flick between tracks. Some effort with the lyrics

I was gong to to their reunion gig this year. They're meant to have been a a brilliant band and their venison of bohemian rhapsody was meant to be well worth hearing
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 11:11am
Loved it.  30 years ago yesterday and today had it, Michael Carwood's Euro 88 and other football anthems blaring on the car stereo during the long drive north from Cefalu.  
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 12:11pm
Never get tired of it.
Absolutely class

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic