You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 185>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The Ultimate Warrior was a man in good shape and had a job that involved dressing up, face paint, putting on a deeper voice and bad hair rock. It is fair to say that, like the majority of homophobes, he was more in the cupboard than the closet.

I'd say he was definitely alot more in the cupboard as he had that illness where he genuinely thought he was The Ultimate Warrior and used to dress up in his WWE attire outside of his job LOL

I’d say a more than a few of them went about like that! 
The daily injections didn’t help

British Bulldog and Mr. Perfect were the only known severe abusers 

But The Warrior actually went batsh*t crazy over it.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:04pm
what do you consider as serial abusers? They were all on the juice in some way and therefore serial abusers of it in my eyes (it wasn’t illegal during the 80’s).

Bulldog and warrior used growth hormone which was more extreme than regular steroids I believe.

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:10pm

I'll admit to watching WWF as a kid. One of the best gimmicks had to be Rick the Model Martell, the quintessential French playboy. His trademark move of spraying his own range of perfume, called Arrogancé, into his opponents faces to incapacitate them was superb. 
El Puto Amo
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Bulldog and warrior used growth hormone which was more extreme than regular steroids I believe.

That's what I'd call as serious abuse. Everyone did it back in the 80's and 90's, a select few like Lesnar and Triple H are still allowed to do it, but the 2 you mentioned were grossly bad for it.

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I'll admit to watching WWF as a kid. One of the best gimmicks had to be Rick the Model Martell, the quintessential French playboy. His trademark move of spraying his own range of perfume, called Arrogancé, into his opponents faces to incapacitate them was superb. 

I watch it every now and again when there's a big PPV on and I'm sat bored at work etc. And if you asked me what my favourite gimmick is, it's from the 90's - The Honky Tonk Man, the Elvis impersonator LOLLOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:22pm
Wrestling 1985-2005 was great. Hard to watch anything before or after that era. 
We had the wwe network in the house for a few years when our young lad was into the wwe and enjoyed going back and watching some of the old PPVs and matches. Even found myself watching some WCW stuff which was the company that were competing head to head in prime time with the wwe during the 90’s that we kind of only heard about here or read online when the internet got bigger as we only really had wwe side of the story in Ireland, apart from a short period in the 90s when itv had WCW, followed by Thunder in Paradise then. Gladiators and. then blind date on a Saturday evening. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 25 Jan 2021 at 12:23pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:50pm

Claploved it as a kid
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Claploved it as a kid

Good times indeed 

We used to buy all the wrestlemania’s from Jonesborough market and watch them every weekend. We wore the tapes out.

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:35pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Mcgregor living rent free in so many peoples heads. That's why he's the biggest draw. You either love or hate him.

There was definitely far less interest and hype in this fight than his previous ones and that isn’t all down to it being behind closed doors 

It wasn't behind closed doors?

Was it not?
Point proven, shows how much interest I had in it lol 

Personal opinion on this but I think the declining interest is due to the fact the fanbase know he won't be fighting for a title anytime soon, and the nice man persona he's putting on isn't helping the cause, you watch McGregor for the WWE antics and sh*t-talk and the nice man persona has translated over into his ring performances - The likes of Jose Aldo, RDA and Eddie Alvarez were absolutely sh*t scared of him now he's this bloke who's literally asking what you time you went to bed last night and what you had for breakfast, it's just weird, uncomfortable and he's completely lost the fear factor he had because of it.

People might find the antics and sh*t-talking cringy but in both Boxing and MMA, being able to market yourself is more important than if you can actually fight - Look at the likes of the Youtubers 

Michael Chandler has been in the UFC quite literally 2 minutes and he decided to cut a Ric Flair promo afterwards and he'll probably end up getting a title shot out of it.

Yes, Chandler is very exciting prospect now.

Also, McGregor is now living off his past reputation, which he earned mostly from his sh*te talk, antics and his left hand. sh*te talk and antics have diminished and potentially his left hand and fight game too are on the slide. 
His latest fights for me say he is not really that tough when the going gets tough. If you catch him with a half decent shot then he is in trouble. He may need to go back to Featherweight to really get back his upper hand when it comes to power, which I don't think he would put himself through the weight cut process.

So what is left for him are the money fights. Diaz makes sense as a next fight. 

It would be good if they brought back the sh*te talk and antics. It's what made him and it's no coincidence when you see the biggest buy-rates for last 12 months, you have Masvidal's fight with Usman the only fight doing similar numbers to McGregor, another sh*te talker!

Masvidal is a likeable guy and is good at sh*t talking but he only made it as a star because he had 3 very impressive knockouts in a row. Darren Till, Ben Askren and Diaz by doctor stoppage. Same as mcgregor. Unless he cleaned out his division and won 2 belts in impressive style he wouldn't be a star. 
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

[QUOTE=coyne]

[QUOTE=Neil Armstrong]Supposed to have earned 30 million for this mornings efforts, dollars or euros? That softened his pain of defeat I'd say, probably a few more pay days left in him too his doing alright all the same. 

30 million for a 2000 spectator event during a global pandemic?! What on earth have you been reading LOL

3.5 mil after his sponsorships. Dustin didn't even get 7 figures. That's how low the payouts are nowadays.

No wonder he was so nice in his press conference afterwards If he earned 3.5M for that! 
That was a big PPV event and there's no way he made under 30M for it. He gets a big cut of those sales. 

According to Forbes, the former two-weight UFC champion is set to pocket a whopping €20.5 million from his stint in Abu Dhabi.

An initial €3.25 million base pay was bumped up by an expected €17.25 million in PPV sales.

This trumps the career-high €822,000 Poirier was paid to show up on top of his share in the PPV numbers.

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:42pm

Mcgregor living rent free in so many peoples heads. That's why he's the biggest draw. You either love or hate him.

There was definitely far less interest and hype in this fight than his previous ones and that isn’t all down to it being behind closed doors 

Was it not?

Personal opinion on this but I think the declining interest is due to the fact the fanbase know he won't be fighting for a title anytime soon, and the nice man persona he's putting on isn't helping the cause, you watch McGregor for the WWE antics and sh*t-talk and the nice man persona has translated over into his ring performances - The likes of Jose Aldo, RDA and Eddie Alvarez were absolutely sh*t scared of him now he's this bloke who's literally asking what you time you went to bed last night and what you had for breakfast, it's just weird, uncomfortable and he's completely lost the fear factor he had because of it.

People might find the antics and sh*t-talking cringy but in both Boxing and MMA, being able to market yourself is more important than if you can actually fight - Look at the likes of the Youtubers 

Michael Chandler has been in the UFC quite literally 2 minutes and he decided to cut a Ric Flair promo afterwards and he'll probably end up getting a title shot out of it.

Also, McGregor is now living off his past reputation, which he earned mostly from his sh*te talk, antics and his left hand. sh*te talk and antics have diminished and potentially his left hand and fight game too are on the slide. 
His latest fights for me say he is not really that tough when the going gets tough. If you catch him with a half decent shot then he is in trouble. He may need to go back to Featherweight to really get back his upper hand when it comes to power, which I don't think he would put himself through the weight cut process.

It would be good if they brought back the sh*te talk and antics. It's what made him and it's no coincidence when you see the biggest buy-rates for last 12 months, you have Masvidal's fight with Usman the only fight doing similar numbers to McGregor, another sh*te talker!

Masvidal is a likeable guy and is good at sh*t talking but he only made it as a star because he had 3 very impressive knockouts in a row. Darren Till, Ben Askren and Diaz by doctor stoppage. Same as mcgregor. Unless he cleaned out his division and won 2 belts in impressive style he wouldn't be a star. 

Masvidal is a Trump loving c**t who believes the Donald lost the election fraudulently.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

According to Forbes, the former two-weight UFC champion is set to pocket a whopping €20.5 million from his stint in Abu Dhabi.

An initial €3.25 million base pay was bumped up by an expected €17.25 million in PPV sales.

This trumps the career-high €822,000 Poirier was paid to show up on top of his share in the PPV numbers.

Thats some amount of coinage.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:49pm

Was it not?

He is still a star. He took a title fight and a 40 lbs cut on 72 hours notice whilst flying 6900 miles across the world and only lost by a decision albeit an easy judged decision.

Losing doesn't always mean your stock lowers, in his circumstances it stayed the same.

I'm not remotely surprised he hasn't fought since, he documented the entire thing on his YouTube channel, he was literally just skin and bone left on weigh in day
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Was it not?

Masvidal is a Trump loving c**t who believes the Donald lost the election fraudulently.
This is ufc though not politics. Do people go around judging footballers by their political views? I'm sure plenty of Irish internationals like trump. Doesn't make them ****s. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 9:08pm

Was it not?

This is ufc though not politics. Do people go around judging footballers by their political views? I'm sure plenty of Irish internationals like trump. Doesn't make them ****s. 

Well you’re actually taking about his character outside of the octagon, he’s not a likeable guy at all. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 9:08pm
I'm pretty sure Dana White gives even little f**ks considering he endorsed Trump on both occasions and even gave Trump a free VIP booth in the Usman v Colby fight LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 9:09pm

I'm pretty sure Dana White gives even little f**ks considering he endorsed Trump on both occasions and even gave Trump a free VIP booth in the Usman v Colby fight LOL

I don’t think anyone on this planet thinks Dana is a likeable guy. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 9:12pm

He's funny... Not funny funny but batsh*t crazy funny.

"I found that streamer I was talking about now I'm after another one" LOL
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 4:35am

Dana is actually very popular win many ufc fans. Anybody who follows mma seriously knows this. Masvidal is very popular too and many like his character. You or the poster above might not but millions do and that makes him likeable. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 185>
  Share Topic