You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 185>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 4:32pm
As expected Saturday was probably 1 of the most entertaining Fight Nights ever.

I don't think a tranquilizer would knock Ross Pearson out, an absolute warrior. The problem is he keeps being on the losing end of these epic wars
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

BT sports giving up the rights to the ufc at the end of the year.. the new streaming company eleven apparently taking them ovet

Seen that earlier. Hopefully covered IPTV.
Italian and Spanish football too it seems for this new company 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 10:41pm
McGregor v Khabib confirmed.

October 6th
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 10:49pm
About time
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 12:10am
mcgregor has been out for a long time now. Will he have the gas to win this fight. Very dodgy. He will be looking to finish it early with  a big punch id say.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

mcgregor has been out for a long time now. Will he have the gas to win this fight. Very dodgy. He will be looking to finish it early with  a big punch id say.

Well he's hardly going to try and out wrestle one of the best ever or submit him Confused
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 1:09am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

McGregor v Khabib confirmed.

October 6th

Clap
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 1:48am
Tough fight to call. Two different fighters. If mcgregor can avoid the take downs and keep it on their feet then his stand up game should be enough and he would eventually tag khabib.

Just hope mcgregor hasn't lost anything in all of that time out, he'll need to be at his very best. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 3:49am
On one hand mcgregor should be an even better boxer after trading blows with mayweather. There's not a better boxing experience on the planet he could have had. On the other he's been not very active. Now it's not like he'll start training just now for this fight. It's been clear from his social media he's been training for a few months.

I'm very interested to see how he matches up. If anyone can knock out khabib it's mcgregor. He'll wind him up to the max in the build up hoping he can goad khabib into punching him. Also wouldn't be surprised at all if khabib pulls out last minute and mcgregor fights a late replacement. 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 1:39pm
It'll be his hardest ever fight imo. I think he'll get taken down easily enough and once Khabib gets you down you don't get back up for the round. Khabib's record is 26-0, 8 KO's, 8 subs, 10 via decision. McGregor will be looking to catch him early and Khabib will be looking to wrestlef**k him for 5 rounds
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 1:52pm
In fairness khabib has fought a serious amount of cans to pad out that record. Khabib doesn't do a whole lot on the ground. Usually just wrestle f**ks the crowd into boredom. If mcgregors cardio is improved I give him a chance. Khabib was very very sloppy in the later rounds in his last fight when he was too tired to get the takedowns. Mcgregor went 5 rounds at 170 against diaz, trained properly for 5 rounds against alvarez and 10 rounds against mayweather. I'd like to think he'll have solid cardio for at least the first 3 rounds this time. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 7:30pm
Reckon Khabib will miss weight, will certainly be backing McGregor his stand up game is far superior and while his ground game is poor he does have decent take down defence.

Khabib to get frustrated and Conor to knock him out in the second round.

Can’t wait for the Cody/TJ rematch tonight, fancy Cody to even the scores with a second round k/o.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 9:42pm
Yeah really looking forward to the fight. Going to stay up for it. 
First fight was great, Cody was close and could feel a little unlucky. I do also fancy him to win this time and hope he does, set up a trilogy. But mostly hope it's another great fight, maybe a 5 rounder this time
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 5:57am
Well that was very decisive.  TJ showed who was boss. 
Cody will have to build up to come back
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 11:57am
Delighted Cody got beaten. He's a meathead. Also don't think DJ lost. Was a robbery. He did the most damage throughout the fight. Yes he got taken down but there was no damage done
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 1:30pm
Far from a robbery, Had Cejudo 48-47 too! Delighted to see DJ lose after turning down the Dillashaw fight.

Garbrandt was far too reckless again last night, I don’t think there’s much between the two fighters but Duane Ludwig is a much better coach than anything at Team Alpha Male. Obvious question marks over Garbrandt’s chin now too, he’s still young though so I fully expect him to make a quick comeback.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 6:47pm
I know everybody thinks the current generation is the best ever but I’d love to see these guys against the best from the 90’s.

I reckon McGregor would have nothing against the greats like Hulk Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior or the Undertaker.
Those guys were legends! 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I know everybody thinks the current generation is the best ever but I’d love to see these guys against the best from the 90’s.

I reckon McGregor would have nothing against the greats like Hulk Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior or the Undertaker.
Those guys were legends! 

Would have to be at catchweight don’t think any of those lads could make the 155lbs limit to fight McGregor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 185>
  Share Topic