You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 185>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I have court in January and I'll be in a suit and I'm far from middle class! If it makes the Tory **** in the high chair think I am though then great!

Have you been touching animals again PM?

Worse, I've been eating the bastards.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 3:28pm
f**k sake is their no end to this scumbags actions, he was in a taxi last night and let rip with a filthy fart. The Taxi Man told the Sun it was worse then Donald Trump's face, the taxi man was black so that's racist too. The Sun have said Conor McEggor should seek help. 

Please care and share xx
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 11:43am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Looking forward to 218 this weekend.

Think Holloway will have too much for Aldo again and the Alvarez/Gaethje should be a cracking fight.

Went to plan!

Francis Ngannou's knockout

Anyone who hasn't seen the Oliveira/Medeiros fight on the prelims should definitely give it a watch, one of the best fighs of the year.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

he handed some homeless lad 3k in Dublin this week to but no one will talk about that gesture.

Right, this bugs the sh*te out of me, if true. For starters, he earned €150m this year so this is the equivalent of a bloke on €50k giving a homeless person €1. Still an obscene amount of money but why give this to one person sleeping rough who has either an addiction or mental health issues.

I used to admire him, have zero respect for him now after all the carry on since Mayweather. Imagine how obnoxious he would have been had he beaten Floyd...
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 1:58pm
What makes you think that ever homeless person has an addiction or mental health issues?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

What makes you think that ever homeless person has an addiction or mental health issues?

I take it you're new to the forum? Half the fun, in fact all the fun, comes from wild sweeping statements that make no sense to anyone, including the poster, but that's the whole point. Some of them are entertaining and ridiculous, others are just preposterous while some are ignorant and offensive, others just offensive but, in the main, they are just plain daft.
This one falls into all the categories above, but if you try to reply to every ridiculous post on here you end up going mad, or so my psychiatrist tells me.

Edited by pre Madonna - 04 Dec 2017 at 4:27pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 9:56pm

Looking forward to 218 this weekend.

Think Holloway will have too much for Aldo again and the Alvarez/Gaethje should be a cracking fight.

Went to plan!

Francis Ngannou's knockout

Anyone who hasn't seen the Oliveira/Medeiros fight on the prelims should definitely give it a watch, one of the best fighs of the year.

Was another great event.. N'Gannou deservedly grabbing the headlines, superstar in the making.

Aldo got destroyed like he was some semi pro unknown, McGregor v Holloway 2 would be a great fight but we all know it aint happening. 
Eddie Alvarez deserves a shoutout too.

Edited by coyne - 04 Dec 2017 at 10:05pm
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

I didn't say homeless, I said rough sleeper. I made an assumption that this person was a rough sleeper and that he either had an addiction or mental health issues. Sadly, the reality is, he probably does.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 10:55pm
You said earlier, definitively, that the recipient of the cash "has either an addiction or mental health issues". There was no "probably" about it in your first post.

That's ridiculous, frankly, and worthy of criticism. And what's wrong with giving someone with mental health issues cash? What should we do, leave them on the street? Blame them for being ill? Blame Conor McGregor for the fact mental health services in this country are appallingly underresourced?
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 11:57pm
Ah Jesus, Dave, would you get a grip! Jumping all over a comment because I didn't include a 'possibly/probably', and the rest of your comment is just facetious.

I'm sure McGregor does loads for charity, but handing €3k to some homeless/rough sleeper, regardless of their mental well-being, is not a noble act, it is an obnoxious and crass show of wealth.

If it transpires that the recipient took this money, put a deposit down to rent a bed-sit, bought a suit, and is now applying for jobs to better his life, then good for him. Unfortunately, that is most unlikely.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:23am
So if your average worker hands a homeless person a 2 euro coin, is that a crass show of wealth.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:35am
Just as a matter of interest, I wonder where this story would have arisen from?
I highly doubt a person sleeping rough would be telling too many people that they'd just been handed 3k

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

You said earlier, definitively, that the recipient of the cash "has either an addiction or mental health issues". There was no "probably" about it in your first post.

That's ridiculous, frankly, and worthy of criticism. And what's wrong with giving someone with mental health issues cash? What should we do, leave them on the street? Blame them for being ill? Blame Conor McGregor for the fact mental health services in this country are appallingly underresourced?

Considering the variables , I would be of the opinion that the vast majority of people living on the street in Ireland suffer from addiction or mental illness . There is an absolute wealth of opportunities for people living here i.e jobs , education etc. The term mental health covers everything these days. I’ve witnessed poor mental health in some close to me and feel for those suffering from it . But let’s not be naive . There are many lazy f**kers who are glad to take shelter under the umbrella of mental health when all they want is everything handed to them on a plate..

Edited by BabbsBalls - 05 Dec 2017 at 11:09am
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Considering the variables , I would be of the opinion that the vast majority of people living on the street in Ireland suffer from addiction or mental illness . There is an absolute wealth of opportunities for people living here i.e jobs , education etc..
Whilst plenty of people end up on the streets because of addiction and mental illness, many more become addicts and develop mental illness because of it. If you are living on a street in Dublin in the depths of winter it is perfectly logical to try anything that would make it more bearable and it is unlikely your head will be in good shape either. What you are doing is looking at someone on the street and assuming the man you see in front of you is the same man that became homeless, which is the exact reason that so many more people are ending up on the streets.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:19am

Considering the variables , I would be of the opinion that the vast majority of people living on the street in Ireland suffer from addiction or mental illness . There is an absolute wealth of opportunities for people living here i.e jobs , education etc..

Whilst plenty of people end up on the streets because of addiction and mental illness, many more become addicts and develop mental illness because of it. If you are living on a street in Dublin in the depths of winter it is perfectly logical to try anything that would make it more bearable and it is unlikely your head will be in good shape either. What you are doing is looking at someone on the street and assuming the man you see in front of you is the same man that became homeless, which is the exact reason that so many more people are ending up on the streets.

Fair enough but answer me this . For what reasons does the average joe i.e someone not an addict or suffering with mental illness end up on the street ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:25am

Fair enough but answer me this . For what reasons does the average joe i.e someone not an addict or suffering with mental illness end up on the street ?
Is this actually a serious question? Are you that detached?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:27am
I’m fine thanks. I just want to get your point of view.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:34am

I’m fine thanks. I just want to get your point of view.
Most of those that I know who are homeless are as a result of  losing their job and not being able to pay the rent, some as a result of being kicked out of home at a young age and never having a permanent address to get a job, while some are as a result of a breakdown of a serious relationship. Of the lads I talk to locally, none of them had serious mental health issues prior to living on the street.
I will concede that, in my experience, girls living on the street are likely to have had mental health or addiction problems, but I certainly wouldn't make assumptions based on that experience.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 185>
  Share Topic