You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 39>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

id really like to see the figures for this, i assume you have them hence you were able to make the comment?
I have seen the figures in the AGM and they were higher than what some of the clubs, including yours, announced as their main sponsorship deals.

how much did we announce?

THAT IS STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION MADE ONLY AVAILABLE TO THE SHAMROCKERS.

Sponsored Links

scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:17am
its gone all quiet here!
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 12:20am
Is it me or is this getting worse?

The Stuey Byrne analysis was embarrassing.

In going through Sligo's defending he referenced Bohs/Rovers which hadn't even been on at that stage and The Champions League Final.
Couldn't even see the screen as he was highlighting things.

Would have liked to hear what Pat Fenlon had to say about Hibs going down.

Personally enjoying it less and less.
Theres only one sport that matters..
1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 3:38pm
The Ask Bruce bit is Cringeworthy.
MasterOfApples View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterOfApples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by 1980 1980 wrote:

The Ask Bruce bit is Cringeworthy.

Add the Jimmy Magee 'dream team' segment to that. Also, Peter Collins kept saying that the Rovers v Bohs game was in Dalymount. I would love to see the viewing figures for it. Anyone who has to get up early for work is going to miss it. 
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 7:40pm
Give it time. At least RTE are making an effort to promote the league. The same cant be said for TV3, who once devoted a full hour to one of those hidden-camera docs on hooliganism in the FAI. As for Magee, his memory of past players and knowledge of the league deserves respect, even if you dont like his personality. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterOfApples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

As for Magee, his memory of past players and knowledge of the league deserves respect, even if you dont like his personality. 

I think the man is a true gent and a genuine pro at what he does. I was commenting on the nature of the segment. The show is short enough without wasting time on stuff like that. 
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 11:00pm
Apologies to Delaney & Co in Abbotstown. When I mentioned that TV3 doc in my last post, it was about hooliganism among LOI fans and not the FAI!

As for the Magee slot, personally I find it interesting to see old footage of LOI legends. And I`m sure elderly fans too old to attend games, (and who are still up), can enjoy a bit of nostalgia.

I`m a bit iffy about that laptop analysis slot as it comes over as a bit clumsy. I`d prefer a fans slot, where each week a fan (or small group of fans) is asked why they support their particular club and what it means to them. Just a brief interview, which could then be audiodubbed over footage showing them at a game.   
1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 10:50am
On at 7.15pm tonight because of the World Cup and all that.

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 11:32am
Tonights show is in between the Portugal-Germany and Iran-Nigeria matches. Its only half hour so they will probably just show the goals and reduce the chat Clap
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterOfApples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Tonights show is in between the Portugal-Germany and Iran-Nigeria matches. Its only half hour so they will probably just show the goals and reduce the chat Clap

Well, at least it is on at a decent time.

Edited by MasterOfApples - 16 Jun 2014 at 12:42pm
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 1:08pm
Couldnt find a relevant thread for this and does"nt merit a new  one . Good piece over on the Rovers W/Site re Fans Flags starting off with some Crumlin Hoops now living with the sheep and horsies in Kildare . Good Q n"A and worth a minute of yer time particularly for fellow Hoopers . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 7:43pm
Just came in and saw Ireland's ugliest man, aka Bobby Ryan on free kick kinbs thing, who he playing with now?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Just came in and saw Ireland's ugliest man, aka Bobby Ryan on free kick kinbs thing, who he playing with now?

That's harsh on eire 32
AKA pedantic kunt
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 8:16pm
He doesn't look like him does he?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

That's harsh on eire 32

Cruel Angry LOL

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 8:25pm

He doesn't look like him does he?
He's like the ugly version of Bobby LOL
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 8:28pm
No wonder he was on xhamster then!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 39>
  Share Topic