URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=48302
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 1:20am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Soccer Republic
Posted By: Dukla
Subject: Soccer Republic
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 11:19pm
This farce deserves it's own thread....

It sounds like it will be a pile of sh*te.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 11:33pm
Much better tv slot time IMO but it sounds like even less football and more chat/features.

Posted By: saintjoey
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 11:58pm
Time suits me aswel won't clash with the sky game or any LOI on Monday nights! Can understand people with kids not bring happy!

Increased to 75 mins too

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 12:08am
Will they show full loi highlights? Suits me fine as I always missed mms due to the time.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: saintjoey
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 12:24am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Will they show full loi highlights? Suits me fine as I always missed mms due to the time.

They will show all goals from premier division! I'd say it will probably be less than before though

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 1:58am
I don't mind it. All I watch is the goals.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 6:52am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Yeah used to find the time MNS was on a bit too early. But this is on a bit too late imo. Somewhere inbetween would have being perfect

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 8:01am
I suppose it could be recorded and watched the next day. Worse from a neutrals point of view

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 8:53am
a niche programme was never going to get a prime time slot esp on an entertainment channel such as rte2 which does not really do public service broadcasting. 

time suits me better but the times of shows being aired are becoming less important.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: EastStandMan
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 12:25pm
I preferred the earlier slot and I guess folk of my ,,,eh, vintage will agree. Work tues morns will necessitate me recording and viewing da following day . Better than a kick in the goolies I suppose . 

-------------
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 12:48pm
piss poor time slot for gettin kids interested in the league.

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: moatehoop
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 1:31pm

This soccer republic show is yet another slap in the face and insult  to football fans up and down this coutry from this state broadcaster and its egg chasing lover head of sport ryle nugent. We have lost the premiership highlights, MNS is no gone replaced by a show on at 11pm on a monday night. We have no coverage whatsoever of our U21 teams, our local teams in europe. Contrast this with the coverage that egg chasing gets, all the seniors teams games, even there reserves and U21 teams, the womens team, we also have huge coverage of their league. The discussuion programme against the head is broadcast early evening contrast that with this new football show at 11pm. The total bias shown to rugby is a disgrace from a so called national braodcaster and every football fans up and down the country should make their viewe on this matter to RTE.

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

a niche programme was never going to get a prime time slot esp on an entertainment channel such as rte2 which does not really do public service broadcasting. 

time suits me better but the times of shows being aired are becoming less important.
What about Against The Head?

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: 085immersive
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by moatehoop moatehoop wrote:

This soccer republic show is yet another slap in the face and insult  to football fans up and down this coutry from this state broadcaster and its egg chasing lover head of sport ryle nugent. We have lost the premiership highlights, MNS is no gone replaced by a show on at 11pm on a monday night. We have no coverage whatsoever of our U21 teams, our local teams in europe. Contrast this with the coverage that egg chasing gets, all the seniors teams games, even there reserves and U21 teams, the womens team, we also have huge coverage of their league. The discussuion programme against the head is broadcast early evening contrast that with this new football show at 11pm. The total bias shown to rugby is a disgrace from a so called national braodcaster and every football fans up and down the country should make their viewe on this matter to RTE.

The RTE website did not even have a story this week with the announcement of the u21/u19 squads. There is an international soccer section but absolutely nothing.

Posted By: starryplough
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 5:01pm
I'll wait and see the show first before I start getting angry over it

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

What about Against The Head?

People actually watch the programme. MNS was only on TV because the fai made them show it.

Posted By: CollegeTillIDie
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 8:53am
MNS was on too early and this show is on too late for many people. I believe it will get more views on the RTE player than actual vieweres but  there's always The Absolute Game on Dublin City 103.2 Fm every Monday night at 8 p.m. and for those outside Dublin on www.dublincityfm.ie to get your LOI fix.

Posted By: gazelle.
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 9:07am
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

I'll wait and see the show first before I start getting angry over it

Hey, stop talking sense! As an LoI fan it is your duty to feel outraged and persecuted by everything done by RTE/FAI/National media/"Barstoolers" etc.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 8:17pm
From tv ratings more people watched mns than that useless eggchaser rubbish against the head. I have more faith in the irish public wanting to watch the beautiful game and not 30 over weight unskilled gym freaks wrestling in a field with an egg that's only shown cause rte head of sport is an egg chaser.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Much better tv slot time IMO but it sounds like even less football and more chat/features.

30 mins into the programme. All the highlights have been show. Still 30 minutes left Confused

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 11:39pm

From tv ratings more people watched mns than that useless eggchaser rubbish against the head. I have more faith in the irish public wanting to watch the beautiful game and not 30 over weight unskilled gym freaks wrestling in a field with an egg that's only shown cause rte head of sport is an egg chaser.

Source?

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 11:44pm
RTE official viewing figures for 2013. That good enough for you.

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 11:50pm
Fook all highlights.

Shamrock sh*te at free kicks.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 11:54pm
Wtf was that free kick thing all about?

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 12:05am
Think they just gave up mentioning the First Division. Load of sh*te.

Posted By: Fozzy B
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 12:07am
First 20 min not bad. All down hill since. Bring back MNS.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 12:07am
that was crap...Basically just showed the goals. Heard enough from O'Neill this past week and who cares if he thinks a team like Notts Forest will be a big club again! Stupid questions for the guy off love hate and the free kicks were cringeworthy. No mention of the womens internationals and their magnificent showing in Cyprus

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 12:09am
Meh. Dont have a clue what the last 30 mins were about. The interview with Fahey was ok but I doubt they are going to have decent stuff like that for the rest of the season. 

Posted By: Fozzy B
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 12:14am
Somebody put Jimmy Magee back to bed.

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 12:15am
Meh..not good, and Collins just wont stop interrupting people.

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 1:10am
I want to like it but here are my views.

1. sh*te time.

2. sh*te name.

3. Free Kick King is a load of wank. Absolute rubbish.

4. Enjoyed the Keith Fahy segment. Alan Cawley is very good.

5. The Jimmy Magee XI. The clip of the goalkeeper,Alan O'Neill,was a clip of him having a kick out blocked Confused I like Jimmy Magee but maybe a representative from a clubs supporters club could have done the segment instead? Just an idea.

6. Talking about the Champions League is a complete waste of time. We get enough of that from other programmes. With all due respect to Tony Mc I don't give a f**k what he thinks about Barcelona.

7. Hopefully the likes of McGrath,Cunningham,Kilbane are on the show regularly. Will bring a certain profile to it that the old MNS pundits can't really bring.

8. Hopefully they address the disgraceful referring week in week out this season. Every tackle is a yellow card. It's ruining games. The 2nd yellows for the Cork and Limerick players were horrendous decisions.

9. More highlights and talk time for the smaller clubs.

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 1:21am

Clap

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 1:33am

Is that Ryle Nugent. I know he commentates on the rugby but he manages a football team so no complete bias!

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 9:02am
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Is that Ryle Nugent. I know he commentates on the rugby but he manages a football team so no complete bias!

Is that true? Who does he manage? I never heard that before

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 9:34am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

He's a modest chap.  He would never broadcast something like that.

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 9:56am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The Tallaght Shamrocks B Team

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 10:50am

I really wish I could believe this. Where are tge figures?
Mns figures were very low

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:02am

This is stragetically a good thing. The generic 'best fans in the world' will be watching this show, as will the barstoolers. So a whole new audience gets to see LoI highlights.

But that makes sense, stick to whinging about the RTE illuminati being out to destroy the league

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:03am

The Tallaght Shamrocks B Team
Landon, ignore them. You are the wittiest poster here and are in no way obsessed with Rovers. Please, never stop.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:14am
You just can't help yourself

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:22am
Please, have the last word. I'm sure it will be a zinger.

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 12:30pm
I thought it wasn't a bad effort, but the free kick idea didn't work and the ability or inability of Rovers players to go close made it worse.

I doubt Boy Z that we'll see refereeing issues getting a proper airing.  Thoroughly agree that some of the red cards dished out were the usual awful calls, but the FAI will probably have briefed SocceRepublic to just give refereeing lip service without giving it the debate it deserves.

Agree also totally that the CL segment is completely irrelevant, if it's a show about L of I/Irish international issues, well fook the CL, that gets Live coverage Wednesday nights, we do get enough of it.

But overall, I thought it was an improvement in terms of presentation on MNS that had become completely stale and boring and I think SocceRepublic can and will get better.

The dominance of Rovers in the show was deadly however.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Daragho
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I really wish I could believe this. Where are the figures?
Mns figures were very low

I work with TV ratings and I can tell you definitively that Against The Head got better viewing figures in 2013 than MNS. 

That's comparing the average viewing to both across the whole year. Having said that, there were a lot more MNS shows than Against The Head.

I'm not going to post the numbers because I don't work for RTE and the info could be considered commercially sensitive.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 2:46pm
Just watched a recording of the new show . Not bad but yeh, could give more time to actual LOI as opposed to free kicks and actors . 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 2:52pm
You may of plucked your figures from your backside cause the eggchasers pprogramme got far less viewers than MNS check actual viewing figures.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 2:56pm

Elmo wanting to slip Solskjaer the tongue...........gobsh*te. Embarrassed

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:10pm

You may of plucked your figures from your backside cause the eggchasers pprogramme got far less viewers than MNS check actual viewing figures.

As I said, I wish it were true but I doubt it.
Where are the figures?

Posted By: Daragho
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:16pm

What is your source? Mine is TAM Ireland/Nielsen.

What figures are you using? 1+ min cumulative reach or average thousands and share? I'm using the latter.

What audience are you looking at? I've chosen all Individuals over the age of 4. A standard audience.

What time period are you looking at? I'm taking the full calendar year of 2013.

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:02pm
Watched it this afternoon. It was just as bad as MNS but it is our only source of LOI coverage so beggars can't be choosers. I don't like to see non LOI stuff in the show but I understand the producers want to get non football fans to watch. To achieve this thye must be seduced by some ex-Internationals and some foreign coverage of UCL etc. It is something that we will have to get used to but if it is a means to an end and we get a regular show to highlight the league. On the plus side it is no TV3 LOI show. Paul Osman, Trevor Welch and Pat Scully after midnight was way too much and before the days of sky plus.

Anyway, scrap that free kick wank ConfusedConfused that celeb six thing is also a terrible idea. We have 33 match nights but as a country do we even have 33 celebrities? Also get McDonnell away from that gadget yoke, he is like a special needs Gary Neville trying to work it.

Also, Jimmy McGee but a sock in it, or I'll put my cock in it.

Good show

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:15pm
Will give it a watch later when I am cooking dinner before the Champions league.   

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

at least they dominate something

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 7:41pm

Will give it a watch later when I am cooking dinner before the Champions league.   
Have you got the cornflakes ready yet Baldie it's close to kick off ?

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

at least they dominate something
LOL

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Have you got the cornflakes ready yet Baldie it's close to kick off ?

Was after the Champions League in the end  I watched it.  Bad production that they had so much rovers on the first night. 

Live match
Greatest 11
Free kick challenge 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 4:07pm
Two former Junkies as pundits and a feature on Fahey, so Pats were well catered for as well.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 4:28pm
Next week on Soccer Republic:

Shamrock Rovers B team Greatest XI
Throw in competition starring Shamrock Rovers
An Interview with Hooperman

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 4:30pm

A-Z travel guide for the LOI fan with particular reference to transport solutions.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 4:36pm

L*rry M*rphy is going to be on it also Wink

*there is no proof that the above is going to appear on the above show.  This is purely for reasons of banter.   

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Snowie
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

A-Z travel guide for the LOI fan with particular reference to transport solutions.

Hate to agree with a hoop but that was quite good LOL

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 5:03pm

LOL

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 5:17pm

Along with convenient excuses for missing your own teams home games

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Along with convenient excuses for missing your own teams home games

I retired from playing years ago. I dont have my "own team" anymore Thumbs Up

Posted By: dickybhoy
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 8:15pm
It seems RTE have blocked this for us viewers in the UK now, its not available on the rte player either so I cant judge how good or bad the new show is.  Presumably there will be some excuse about not having the rights for the UK. This wasn't a problem last year with MNS which was available on the rte player.

I haven't seen any announcement of any new tv deal, so why has this changed? 
Don't suppose anyone can upload the show to youtube, otherwise I'm not gonna see much coverage of any games this year.

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by dickybhoy dickybhoy wrote:

It seems RTE have blocked this for us viewers in the UK now, its not available on the rte player either so I cant judge how good or bad the new show is.  Presumably there will be some excuse about not having the rights for the UK. This wasn't a problem last year with MNS which was available on the rte player.

Don't suppose anyone can upload the show to youtube, otherwise I'm not gonna see much coverage of any games this year.
Couldnt get it here either (Hamburg) had no problem with MNS Disapprove

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:19pm

Setanta have the overseas rights, not sure what they are doing with them, but...

Posted By: OldBawnHoop
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 11:00pm

LOL

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 11:07pm

All of them are more likely than any mention, even by accident, of Shels...

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 8:59am
I wouldn't know much about it but is there no way one of the lads here can fire it up on YouTube for the exiles?

-------------
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

All of them are more likely than any mention, even by accident, of Shels...

LOL

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 1:43pm

It contains clips of the Champions League and Premier League, which MNS never did.

So no bother showing MNS abroad, but can't show this I guess.

Watched it last night. Hopefully it'll grow on me. Nice idea once they figure it out.

Posted By: 1980
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 1:49pm

Tweeted them about it earlier this week. supposedly an "International Edition" Going on RTE Player.

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 2:08pm
Setanta own the rights to the LoI outside Ireland. I have no idea what they do with them, but that is why all LoI ball is blocked online

Posted By: Declanus
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 2:58pm
The show has potential but should leave the champions league out of it as it will be discussed on the show tonight after the Man U. Liked the idea of having ex players like David Forde on it and even Jimmy Magees teams although wouldn't agree with some of his selections. Like seeing the old footage.

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 3:15pm
It's not too bad. League of Ireland is a minority, don't forget that like.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 12:08am
Shocking show, choppin and changing from LOI to champ league, free kicks"star" (Kian egan), back to LOI...
awful watch, for all ye abroad, missing nothing

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 1:17pm
I think there is the opportunity for an overlap between LoI and other ball, but its not been maximised at the moment and it is currently only likely to alieniate both sides in its current form. Still early days yet though and there are some signs to be positive...

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 1:45pm
i just use hola unblocker for chrome and set it to Ireland can watch it grand then.
This show is gash though not enough LOI coverage. I can see CL coverage on every f**king channel.

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 2:49pm
The plastic tommys in montrose must have their way - c"mon unireh. 

-------------

Posted By: dickybhoy
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 8:55pm
Just watched the international version on the rte player. its a 35 minute version of the show which just features on LOI action, this suits me fine as I'm not bothered about hearing about the champions league bit of the show.

From what I seen its not too bad, the clips and analysis of airtricity games seems to be less than what was previously on MNS, the Jimmy Magee bits (free kick challenge and all time 11 are a good addition)

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 11:43pm
Alex McLeish on tonight, is that just a wan off?

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 12:01am
A lot better tonight with all the league of ireland highlights done first and actually showed a nice bit from 2 or 3 of the games. Thumbs Up

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Alex McLeish on tonight, is that just a wan off?

Yeah.  Particularly when he twice referred to the Irish League regarding players. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 12:29pm
Seeing Eck and Nutsy sitting there reminded me of Yosser Hughes.........

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 4:56pm
Embarrassing amount of references to Rangers oldco and newco last night. It was a much better show in LoI terms prior to that as well...

Posted By: brissy
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 8:42pm
Its getting better,still annoyed mns is gone

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 9:17am
McGees best Dundalk 11 was piss poor............Terry Eviston ahead of Mick Fairclough or Dessie Gorman.  

I never knew that Martin Lawlor was known as Beckenbauer..........

-------------

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 11:02am

McGees best Dundalk 11 was piss poor............Terry Eviston ahead of Mick Fairclough or Dessie Gorman.  

I never knew that Martin Lawlor was known as Beckenbauer..........

He has expert knowledge on World Cups and Olympics etc however I've never remembered him as being a fan of the league or ever recall seeing him at a domestic game.  I know his son did play in our league.   

Ideally you would need a fan of the team involved or else somebody that knows the league. 

As for Dundalk wrll no Joey Donnelly is surprising but possibly understandable given the time gap.  No Turlough O'Connor...................

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 12:45pm

BTW Dundalk were also not the first club from outside Dublin in the league.   Athlone Town hold that distinction while Fordsons and Bray Uknowns also joined before Dundalk.

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 3:04pm
Magee does like to go on. I thought he would have gone for Jimmy Hasty up front for Dundalk. He was a Belfast lad who had only one arm. Scored bags of goals for Dundalk. He seemed to pick a lot of X Bohs lads. Having said that I do enjoy his selections as the memories come flooding back.

-------------
alive and kicking

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 7:10pm
Was an improvement last night on the previous shows Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 7:22pm
were monday's games shown?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 7:54pm
ya

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 8:48pm
What an annoying voice mc phail has.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 19 May 2014 at 11:26pm
This show is embarrassing, a debate between three idiots and doting Jimmy on a ramble.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 19 May 2014 at 11:32pm
Taught the old lad was right about saying how people were conned into going to the match in hope of the full liverpool team and how it is the typical irish attitude to turn up and pay big money to see a u18/reserve liverpool squad however he didnt help himself by calling them morons. I think sadlier just likes the controversy and was overly critical of the loi

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2014 at 11:59pm
The old lad as you say is Dermot keely,

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:04am
Forresters goal gets goal of the month...It will surely be goal of the season..What a fantastic player

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Taught the old lad was right about saying how people were conned into going to the match in hope of the full liverpool team and how it is the typical irish attitude to turn up and pay big money to see a u18/reserve liverpool squad however he didnt help himself by calling them morons. I think sadlier just likes the controversy and was overly critical of the loi

Rubbish, people were not conned.  Anyone who knows anything about football knew it'd be a reserve side. 

Keely is among the all too many football fans in this country who think it's against the law to support a team outside this island.  Sadlier in my opinion made far more measured and well thought out points than Keely's ranting and Stewie Byrne bringing in the egg-chasing was nonsensical.

L of I fans need to cop on and stop blaming non-L of I fans for the League's ills and many LOI fans remind me of many Gaeilgeoirs who somehow consider you less Irish if you're not fluent in Gaeilge.  

What a great nation we really are. 

-------------

Posted By: thenewguyis back
Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:23am
someone said on here a few weeks back that if you are to try convince people go to loi games the best thing is to leave liverpool/united whoever they support completely out of the conversation. for me that was spot on, i started going to limerick games last year simply for something to do and quickly realised the standard of football isnt too bad, the love of the club quickly follows the habit of going to games.

fwiw i'm one of these liverpool fans who was conned into buying a ticket for a friendly, by the club telling us anyone going to the world cup wouldnt feature and anyone carrying injuries wouldnt either, that kind of 'conned'

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:24am
They really should have got somebody on who can articulate his opinions better than Dermot Keely. Calling people morons is not going to encourage anybody to go to games.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net