Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 39>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:24am
My big problem with going to games the past few years is the Friday nights. By the time I finish work and that it's impossible to make a game. Plus bringing young kids is also impossible as for most that is far too late. Would love to see more Saturday football as it would also cater for away fans.
Chips don't bounce
Sponsored Links

scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:26am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

In my view the league needs more TV exposure

No it doesnt, the less TV exposure the better, the less we see of Hunky Dory Park, Oriel Park etc the better chance we have of attracting supporters. Those grounds are embarassing to say the least
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:28am
More tv = more money = better facilities
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:34am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

No it doesnt, the less TV exposure the better, the less we see of Hunky Dory Park, Oriel Park etc the better chance we have of attracting supporters. Those grounds are embarassing to say the least

so you want to con them into going to games instead? what happens when they turn up to a game in oriel park or hunky dorey park then and see the facilities?

speaking of facilities, thomand park, best ground in the league attracted a whopping 784 people on friday night

better facilities will only mean the people who dont want to go will have to think of a new excuse

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Bar2508 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bar2508 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:43am

as a matter of interest, how much money do the clubs get from being shown on tv? id imagine focusing on getting more fans in the ground would bring in more financially?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

so you want to con them into going to games instead? what happens when they turn up to a game in oriel park or hunky dorey park then and see the facilities?

speaking of facilities, thomand park, best ground in the league attracted a whopping 784 people on friday night

better facilities will only mean the people who dont want to go will have to think of a new excuse

Facilities have a bearing on people going to games but its the football and the marketing is what gets bums on seats. SHowing games on TV only hightens how amatuer our grounds are and also pulls people away from games. WHy would they go when they can watch it on TV?

A Super Saturday in Aviva would be greatl, something like they do in Rugby League last weekend. All LOI games spread over two days in the one ground. Pack it out, create a carnival atmosphere and create a buzz. And yes, televise that!
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:51am

wrong = wrong = wrong
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 11:06am
Well enlighten me on a way to get more people to go to games
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 11:30am

Well enlighten me on a way to get more people to go to games
TV is a good start, but the current contract means that clubs do not get paid for televised games and as there is a direct correlation between lower crowds and televised games, it costs clubs money. Sponsors like them and it increases exposure, but your point is plain incorrect.

Marketing. Marketing. Marketing. And it is up to the clubs.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 11:35am
Do RTE pay the FAI for broadcasting, highlighting rights and then this money is split amongst the clubs?

Bit of a noose around clubs necks that they can't look into online streaming for all their matches (particularly for those aboard)without the consent of the FAI.

Didn't the FAI block Shamrock and Shels from streaming games and showing highlights?

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:24pm
The LOI need to break away from TV and rights. What we needto get is a streaming service (Premium if needed) All away teams get to show the games but home teams dont (This way you need to buy a sub of the away team to watch the game - Wont happen) Away club get a windfall and home team attendance is not affected

On getting bums on seats "rovertillidie" is correct, marketing is the only way, Tweets, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat,  Posters, Bilboards, Radio, TV Adverts etc! If done properly it does work! Problem is it does cost money (Most of the time)

Edited by scottyccfc - 20 May 2014 at 12:25pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Do RTE pay the FAI for broadcasting, highlighting rights and then this money is split amongst the clubs?

Bit of a noose around clubs necks that they can't look into online streaming for all their matches (particularly for those aboard)without the consent of the FAI.

Didn't the FAI block Shamrock and Shels from streaming games and showing highlights?

Added to the prizemoney. So Rovers who would have 10 games televised a year get no more or less tv money than UCD who might have one. There is no tv money per say.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:57pm

The LOI need to break away from TV and rights. What we needto get is a streaming service (Premium if needed) All away teams get to show the games but home teams dont (This way you need to buy a sub of the away team to watch the game - Wont happen) Away club get a windfall and home team attendance is not affected
But you know as well as I do certain clubs will find streaming beyond them. So what will happen is the progressive clubs in Rovers, Sligo, Pats, Derry will set it up and those who aren't arsed doing it like Bohs will get paid. The structure above won't work.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

But you know as well as I do certain clubs will find streaming beyond them. So what will happen is the progressive clubs in Rovers, Sligo, Pats, Derry will set it up and those who aren't arsed doing it like Bohs will get paid. The structure above won't work.

Agreed but its something to aim for, no reason why clubs cant try it or at least get the infrastructure in place
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 1:00pm
Because at the moment the FAI won't allow it. We had SRTV and got walloped by the FAI on behalf of RTE.

TV rights are a good idea, the FAI just structured it in a way that was egalitarian. Problem is the punters want to see the bigger clubs only.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 1:04pm
I think I read on here that RTE had no problem with the streaming? Someone involved in the Shels setup said RTE were happy to provide highlights to them?

I'm not sure what the fuss is all about. At present RTE hardly saturate the airwaves with LOI highlights. There's cameras at all the league grounds come match day, for soccer republic.

I can't see how streaming would effect RTE, as people would still watch Soccer Republic to see other highlights in games.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 1:50pm

I think I read on here that RTE had no problem with the streaming? Someone involved in the Shels setup said RTE were happy to provide highlights to them?

I'm not sure what the fuss is all about. At present RTE hardly saturate the airwaves with LOI highlights. There's cameras at all the league grounds come match day, for soccer republic.

I can't see how streaming would effect RTE, as people would still watch Soccer Republic to see other highlights in games.

Correct in relation to the FAI Cup final 2011, The FAI tried to ban John frazer the lad who covers and records all shels games from filming the final due to it being broadcast live . RTE however had no problem what so ever and agreed to share footage with eachother.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 1:59pm

Rovers are very much on a yellow card for streaming. We also got lagged for posting hightlights pre Monday night while other clubs do it. They know Rovers are the team most punters want to see.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 39>
  Share Topic