You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 39>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 7:22pm
were monday's games shown?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Sponsored Links

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 7:54pm
ya
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 8:48pm
What an annoying voice mc phail has.
AKA pedantic kunt
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 11:26pm
This show is embarrassing, a debate between three idiots and doting Jimmy on a ramble.
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 11:32pm
Taught the old lad was right about saying how people were conned into going to the match in hope of the full liverpool team and how it is the typical irish attitude to turn up and pay big money to see a u18/reserve liverpool squad however he didnt help himself by calling them morons. I think sadlier just likes the controversy and was overly critical of the loi
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 11:59pm
The old lad as you say is Dermot keely,
AKA pedantic kunt
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:04am
Forresters goal gets goal of the month...It will surely be goal of the season..What a fantastic player
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Taught the old lad was right about saying how people were conned into going to the match in hope of the full liverpool team and how it is the typical irish attitude to turn up and pay big money to see a u18/reserve liverpool squad however he didnt help himself by calling them morons. I think sadlier just likes the controversy and was overly critical of the loi

Rubbish, people were not conned.  Anyone who knows anything about football knew it'd be a reserve side. 

Keely is among the all too many football fans in this country who think it's against the law to support a team outside this island.  Sadlier in my opinion made far more measured and well thought out points than Keely's ranting and Stewie Byrne bringing in the egg-chasing was nonsensical.

L of I fans need to cop on and stop blaming non-L of I fans for the League's ills and many LOI fans remind me of many Gaeilgeoirs who somehow consider you less Irish if you're not fluent in Gaeilge.  

What a great nation we really are. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
thenewguyis back View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenewguyis back Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:23am
someone said on here a few weeks back that if you are to try convince people go to loi games the best thing is to leave liverpool/united whoever they support completely out of the conversation. for me that was spot on, i started going to limerick games last year simply for something to do and quickly realised the standard of football isnt too bad, the love of the club quickly follows the habit of going to games.

fwiw i'm one of these liverpool fans who was conned into buying a ticket for a friendly, by the club telling us anyone going to the world cup wouldnt feature and anyone carrying injuries wouldnt either, that kind of 'conned'
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:24am
They really should have got somebody on who can articulate his opinions better than Dermot Keely. Calling people morons is not going to encourage anybody to go to games.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 8:10am
Yeah Keely was not the best person to articulate the views.
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yeah Keely was not the best person to articulate the views.

Indeed Baldrick......but if you were a quick centre forward he'd hit you like an articulated truck.......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 8:46am
Anyone think that sadlier reduced football support down to basic consumerism. I.e. product at home bad product abroad good therefore the consumer chooses the better product.

That is all fine and well until Irish consumers of English teams start talking about history and the special bond with Ireland and the sense of place etc. Should that contradiction not be pointed out.

In addition if you use that logic why do all the people in Ireland not shout for England as they are better than Ireland, we know their players and shout for them most weeks in some for another. Its clear the product trap produced was not goood. Yet many shouting on Stevie g will also be laughing if he slips in Brazil like he did against Chelsea. Oh yeah sorry he is not English he is scouse.

Edited by Baldrick - 20 May 2014 at 8:48am
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 8:52am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Rubbish, people were not conned.  Anyone who knows anything about football knew it'd be a reserve side. 

Keely is among the all too many football fans in this country who think it's against the law to support a team outside this island.  Sadlier in my opinion made far more measured and well thought out points than Keely's ranting and Stewie Byrne bringing in the egg-chasing was nonsensical.

L of I fans need to cop on and stop blaming non-L of I fans for the League's ills and many LOI fans remind me of many Gaeilgeoirs who somehow consider you less Irish if you're not fluent in Gaeilge.  

What a great nation we really are. 

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MasterOfApples View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterOfApples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:03am

Stewie Byrne bringing in the egg-chasing was nonsensical.

I agree that bringing Leinster rugby into the equation was a bit silly. I totally agree with his call to change the season back to a proper football season instead of summer football. Also, games should kick off at 3pm on a Saturday. The move to summer football was a trial to bring in more punters, from what I have been told, and it has failed. All those Liverpool fans who were in the Aviva last week, will be following Dublin or whoever in the GAA games during the summer. Football will be at the very back of their minds. 

I am a "floating voter" when it comes to the LoI. I go to whatever games catches my eye in or around Dublin. I go fairly often but I find going to games on a bright summer's evening a bit weird. I would go to more games if they kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday and the league schedule reverted back to its traditional format.

Edited by MasterOfApples - 20 May 2014 at 9:06am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:11am
Originally posted by MasterOfApples MasterOfApples wrote:

Stewie Byrne bringing in the egg-chasing was nonsensical.

I agree that bringing Leinster rugby into the equation was a bit silly. I totally agree with his call to change the season back to a proper football season instead of summer football. Also, games should kick off at 3pm on a Saturday. The move to summer football was a trial to bring in more punters, from what I have been told, and it has failed. All those Liverpool fans who were in the Aviva last week, will be following Dublin or whoever in the GAA games during the summer. Football will be at the very back of their minds. 

I am a "floating voter" when it comes to the LoI. I go to whatever games catches my eye in or around Dublin. I go fairly often but I find going to games on a bright summer's evening a bit weird. I would go to more games if they kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday and the league schedule reverted back to its traditional format.
Saturday afternoon is a no no - too many lads play junior ball on saturday afternoon or do the Jeff Stelling/Paddy Power thing on a saturday afternoon. Look at the IL attendances for Saturday afternoon football.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:51am
In my view the league needs more TV exposure

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:58am
Never understood the desire to go back to a winter season. Our weather and facilities just aren't made for it.

There's little better than getting out of work on a sunny friday afternoon and heading around the country with your mates to watch football.
@AntrimMan85
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 39>
  Share Topic