You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 39>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 9:43pm
Izzy seemed to put in another decent performance, never once saw that at Bray, like a new player it looks like

If Kelly goes would be good to see him get his career back on track
Sponsored Links

Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Izzy seemed to put in another decent performance, never once saw that at Bray, like a new player it looks like

If Kelly goes would be good to see him get his career back on track

Keith Long seems impressed anyway, had Larry Murphy & Father Brendan Smyth in for training this week.

Edited by Madferret - 29 Jul 2015 at 2:57pm
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:14pm
The difference in Bohs with him in the team is massive. I still think he has a lot to learn in terms of his hold up play, touch, movement, finishing but he works very hard, chases lost causes, is very quick compared to many of the slug centre halves.

SR as a show is getting worse. Who gives a sh*t about their poxy LMS competition. Time can be used on other things.

How in God's name did those two ex players not come to the conclusion that Bray's goal was offside the other night! Shambolic punditry!!
Theres only one sport that matters..
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:16pm
He wasn't offside regardless if he was interfering or not, so said the galway fans in line with it.

I know that's not your point but worth pointing out.

Personally think it would have been very harsh to rule it out for interference.
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:33pm

He wasn't offside regardless if he was interfering or not, so said the galway fans in line with it.

Oji wouldn't try to cut it out if Lyons wasn't behind him waiting to tap it in. It was a bad piece of defending anyway (Should have went with his left foot) but Lyons and Bray gained an advantage from him being in an offside position (offside according to the Lino anyway). 

Theres only one sport that matters..
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

The difference in Bohs with him in the team is massive. I still think he has a lot to learn in terms of his hold up play, touch, movement, finishing but he works very hard, chases lost causes, is very quick compared to many of the slug centre halves.

SR as a show is getting worse. Who gives a sh*t about their poxy LMS competition. Time can be used on other things.

How in God's name did those two ex players not come to the conclusion that Bray's goal was offside the other night! Shambolic punditry!!

There's been a few dopey slots in each "season" of the show and that's one of the worst. When they're all knocked out of LMS they just go back and start again! What's the point??

Why have "Goal of the Month" if you're not gonna give either a viewer or the player in question some sort of prize/award. It wouldn't have to be fancy. Surely RTÉ could stretch to a prize worth €40 or €50 once a month??

And what happened Stuey's expensive looking "analysis" gizmo which they utilised for all of 90 seconds max each week but has since bitten the dust, gone the way of the E-Voting machines..

Pedro Collins isn't the worst of them out in the Montrose bubble. In fact he come's across as fairly inoffensive and a decent seeming type. But it annoys me the way he introduces a topic, says we're gonna have an examination of said topical issue and then two minutes later interrupt's a guest mid-speech (usually Alan Cawley) and says "Ok well that's all we have time for with that particular topic, but I'm sure it's an issue we'll come back to time and again on the programme......" Confused
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Oji wouldn't try to cut it out if Lyons wasn't behind him waiting to tap it in. It was a bad piece of defending anyway (Should have went with his left foot) but Lyons and Bray gained an advantage from him being in an offside position (offside according to the Lino anyway). 

Hard to argue I suppose but rarely if ever see it given
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 4:46pm
he was offside and if he wasn't there Oji would never have went for the ball. The law is vague but if it was in Oriel or Tallaght I'd say the ref would have disallowed it.

We paid the price for not going for the jugular when Ryan Connolly got injured by making 2 changes and bringing on Sam who has been very poor all season instead of going 4,4,2.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 4:47pm
I see the ifab clarified the offside role yet again and he categorically was not offside
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 6:41pm
Peter Collins is one of the worst presenters going. No bit of charisma to him at all. He may well be interested in the league as he has been reporting on it for about 30 years at this stage but that enthusiasm never comes through on screen.
I would love to see the presenter from off the ball do it. I can't think of his name but he also does the sport on UTV. With them going tits up he'd probably be interested in an RTE gig.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Peter Collins is one of the worst presenters going. No bit of charisma to him at all. He may well be interested in the league as he has been reporting on it for about 30 years at this stage but that enthusiasm never comes through on screen.
I would love to see the presenter from off the ball do it. I can't think of his name but he also does the sport on UTV. With them going tits up he'd probably be interested in an RTE gig.

Collins is pure wooden a la Pat Kenny. The auld lady is friends with his mother as he's from home.

He has a good broadcasting voice, always enjoyed him on the F1 (you could tell he loves it) and he's actually a staunch United fan which makes it baffling why he's such a bland presenter of the Ireland games. He was also meant to have been very handy at football when he was younger.

Edited by irishmufc - 29 Jul 2015 at 8:00pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 12:33am
I always associated Peter Collins with Formula 1 and felt a bit uneasy when I first saw him anchoring a show on the LOI. But he`s good, moves the show along at a crispy pace, and brings a bit of gravitas to our league. I`d certainly prefer Collins to some breezy Hector-type extrovert anchoring the show.

Speaking of Bray, they`ve had some amount of talent pass through their books over the years. If only they`d an owner with deep pockets, they could keep their best players and would be top half of the league every season. Mc Guinness is excellent in nets and Peter Mc Glynn is a fairly dynamic player with good awareness, from what I`ve seen of him. 
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 12:09am
Keith Fahey won't be a pundit anyway, he may well have an interesting opinion but you'd never know it.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 8:17pm
Back tonight at the same shameful time of 23.05, yet a preview to the weekends 6 nations was on this evening from 19.00 - 20.05. Hopefully they will have made some improvements to the show.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Back tonight at the same shameful time of 23.05, yet a preview to the weekends 6 nations was on this evening from 19.00 - 20.05. Hopefully they will have made some improvements to the show.

f**king ludicrous scheduling Angry
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 8:58pm
It gets sweet f**k all viewers and time slot wouldn't change that..off the ball is pretty popular and describing it as a six nations preview isn't accurate
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 9:04pm

Against the Head vidic. I assume Off the ball is another rugby show and tonights programme was a preview

Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Fully agree. Was at a LOI game at the wknd and was hugely impressed with the number of kids there. An earlier time-slot would make a big difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 39>
  Share Topic