You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 39>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 7:39am
Wexford haven't the finances.
get me out of hear
Sponsored Links

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Yellow Belly Yellow Belly wrote:

If finances were a requirement in the league then never mind an 8 team FD we`d have maybe 4 teams in the whole league!
I had a look at their attendances and they are 19th in the league just above UCD by about 50 people. I`d imagine they`ll eventually fizzle out like Kildare and Kilkenny. Their best chance is to try and get into the Premier and if there`s still no change in the attendances at least they gave it a good shot.

Edited by Bitored - 30 Jun 2015 at 4:11pm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Yellow Belly Yellow Belly wrote:

Aaah they do of course. Just haven't declared them boss...
Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 4:56pm
Unfortunately when Wallace started the LOI team he stepped on a lot of the junior clubs toes some clubs got relegated he took so many players and broke promises he made to them, so there's bad feeling towards the youths which in turn leads to the lack of support. He also had them playing in an Italian style which was very negative and not pleasing to the supporters. But agree they need to get into the Premier and build up a support.
get me out of hear
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 7:02pm
Just look at the big clubs down there like North End. They want nothing to do with Youths. There facilities are brilliant but in the middle of nowhere.
There manager Keegan is one of the best in the league and id expect him to be in the premier division sooner or later.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 8:26pm
Rumour has it Youths have made two local signings  in the last few days will be a big boost for them in trying to win promotion to the Premier league and talk of maybe a third signing aswell good quality players
get me out of hear
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 12:05am
The bickering that goes on around club football in Ireland is something else. YB touched on it there when he mentioned that local clubs resented Wallace for picking off the cream of local talent, as though the Wexford & District League (or whatever it`s called) matters more than Wexford Youths representing the county in the nationwide LOI. This goes on all over the place and I remember hearing a Bray man moaning to me that Chippy Devlin (the then Bray manager) wasn`t giving enough local lads the chance to play for the club. This parochial way of thinking seems to be widespread.
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

The bickering that goes on around club football in Ireland is something else. YB touched on it there when he mentioned that local clubs resented Wallace for picking off the cream of local talent, as though the Wexford & District League (or whatever it`s called) matters more than Wexford Youths representing the county in the nationwide LOI. This goes on all over the place and I remember hearing a Bray man moaning to me that Chippy Devlin (the then Bray manager) wasn`t giving enough local lads the chance to play for the club. This parochial way of thinking seems to be widespread.

The sh*t hitting the fan in Wexford today  players moving from junior to LOI . what's wrong with trying to better yourself and play at a higher level,
get me out of hear
1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 2:45pm
Has anyone had problems watching Soccer Republic outside Ireland in recent weeks?

Seem to have blocked the VPN i use and looks the same for other ones when searching online.
dickybhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by 1980 1980 wrote:

Has anyone had problems watching Soccer Republic outside Ireland in recent weeks?

Seem to have blocked the VPN i use and looks the same for other ones when searching online.

Are you in England?  I'm in England and watch it on the rte player just fine, although each programme is only on the player for 7 days.
1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 11:33pm
Yep, keeps coming up with "No Content".
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 7:27pm
Fair play to the solitary bohs fan who didn't clap izzy after his goal
1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 8:11pm
Bloke with Grey Hair, back of the Jodi by any chance?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 8:12pm
Right at the front, grey hair tho
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 12:16am
That Bohs-Derry game was mad Ted. Derry's defending Wacko  To use the Schoolboy Error cliché in this instance wouldn't convey the facts. And yet they could have snatched a draw with two shots off the woodwork!

Interesting stats on the LOI record in Europe since Summer football was introduced. 27% win rate to 13% before the change-over. That Rubicon has been well & truly crossed.

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 12:18am
We were robbed.
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 12:23am
I thought Tony & Stuey contradicted themselves somewhat with that Offside graphic they threw up on screen TA. To me there was clear interference by Lyons with the goalkeeper, as in he fcukin clattered into him and gave him no chance to make a save LOL 
Not that the goal wouldn't have been scored by Oji mind you, but to say Lyons didn't interfere with an opponent during that move is barking mad.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 9:18pm

Those stats are pretty misleading. There's no doubt summer football has helped clubs in Europe but the period where our clubs enjoyed sustained success coincided with a time when the league had about 10 full time pro clubs.
Summer football hasn't made a blind bit of difference the last few years where our clubs have struggled to get through a round of games even going out to a few out of season clubs.
There's also been various changes in European competition particularly over the last 10-15years.

Edited by Bitored - 28 Jul 2015 at 9:23pm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 39>
  Share Topic