You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Glasgow - Friday 14th Nov 2014 - General Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glasgow - Friday 14th Nov 2014 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 71>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:

Alright lads, signed up on here after reading some of the comments and queries you boys have. Game will DEFINITELY be in Glasgow, Murrayfield is out of question as it would mean the SFA losing out on money to the rugby, I imagine for this game it will be Celtic Park seeing as the demand for tickets will be so high it would make sense to play it at a 62k seater instead of a 50k. Celtic Park is easily accessible from anywhere near the city centre, its about 2/3 mile away. There will be absolutely no bother either, been to games home and away supporting Scotland and not seen one bit of trouble. Also for those saying they will get tickets for the home end you've not got a chance, people outwith the 35 thousand in the SSC will struggle to get tickets for the home games never mind away fans. Hope you enjoy your journey and its a good game. Very interesting good group. Bring it on!

<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Hampden , no ??

Hampden will be out of action until 2015 mate.
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:05pm
Thankfully don't need to book anything, 2 hour journey for me.. Won't be staying overnight Glasgow/Edinburgh not the greatest of nights out
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:08pm
Not a hope will I book this trip early, so many airports within an hour or two away from Glasgow, never mind getting the ferry over if needs be!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:10pm
Ibrox be quality for this
Great stadium with bags of history

Edited by BigStrongMan - 23 Feb 2014 at 7:10pm
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:10pm
58 for a single fare on the thursday just booked. ill worry about return flight in a few months
Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:11pm
Hampden will be closed it appears Clap

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/19834277
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

LOL
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

LOL
We could organise a march to this to keep the locals happy and have Jinky leading the way waving a big fleg LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Hampden will be closed AFAIK

Ye, Hampden is out of bounds for the rest of the year as it'll take them a while to change it back to a football/rugby stadium
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

LOL
We could organise a march to this to keep the locals happy and have Jinky leading the way waving a big fleg LOL

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:23pm
If it's on in Celtic Park, Newryrep won't go!

Or maybe one of us would have to drug him to get him into the stadium like B.A. in the a-team when he's due to fly!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Or maybe one of us would have to drug him to get him into the stadium like B.A. in the a-team when he's due to fly!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:34pm

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:43pm

I may well have to get that intoxicated however before all you celtic heads get a hard on I believe despite what Richie is saying

1. Hampden will be available 'towards the end of the year' according to TAMB
2. If I was the SFA I would have it in Ibrox just for the f**k you factor

3 and don't expect all your celtic mates getting tickets
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 8:16pm

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Alright lads, signed up on here after reading some of the comments and queries you boys have. Game will DEFINITELY be in Glasgow, Murrayfield is out of question as it would mean the SFA losing out on money to the rugby, I imagine for this game it will be Celtic Park seeing as the demand for tickets will be so high it would make sense to play it at a 62k seater instead of a 50k. Celtic Park is easily accessible from anywhere near the city centre, its about 2/3 mile away. There will be absolutely no bother either, been to games home and away supporting Scotland and not seen one bit of trouble. Also for those saying they will get tickets for the home end you've not got a chance, people outwith the 35 thousand in the SSC will struggle to get tickets for the home games never mind away fans. Hope you enjoy your journey and its a good game. Very interesting good group. Bring it on!

Welcome Lichtie, Keep us informedThumbs Up
welcome lichtie
Any chance of the police moving the game from Friday night to Saturday during the day?

Erm im not sure mate, im not sure if they are actually allowed to change the dates with this new format? It would make sense mind you, but unfortunately those at the top have no sense... a Saturday would just be absolutely superb though, what a day that would be!! Think the police would be able to cope though, Celtic have had plenty of big Champions League games midweek so imagine the Strathclyde polis will be able to handle it well enough!! Just be a bunch of boozed up Irishmen partying I imagine Ajax took a good 5-10k over here and they coped, had to get the helicopters and riot vans out the bag though...

There better be an excellent rendition of Flower of Scotland because will we will all be singing it too

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Moscow Mule View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moscow Mule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 8:16pm

Premier Inn bookedHug
How much did you get it for Brianie?
Who stole the Crow & Meatballs?
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Moscow Mule Moscow Mule wrote:

Premier Inn bookedHug
How much did you get it for Brianie?

Family Room with Brekkie for 134 euros for the 2 nights

Look forward to seeing you at the w/eThumbs Up

Edited by brianie - 23 Feb 2014 at 8:23pm
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 71>
  Share Topic