You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Glasgow - Friday 14th Nov 2014 - General Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glasgow - Friday 14th Nov 2014 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Row Z Row Z wrote:

Haggis was delicious!!
lovely...but not as nice deep fried!!
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:26pm
I fecking forgot all about the mars bar!!! 

went for the haggis instead. I have to say it's much nicer baked than battered.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Newstalk View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newstalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:33pm
Is haggis like mince? Think i had it one of the nights but i was locked so not certain.
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:35pm
Had battered haggis, wouldn't adivse it..
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:44pm
Ah here is there anything these lads dont deep fry LOL
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 11:08pm
And here's me thinking putting batter on everything was normal

We used to get a half battered pizza and chips for lunch everyday at school for £2. Never harmed any of us.

Might be a bit different doing it as a 22 year old bloke now and no a 14 year old laddie mind you.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Anybody try a deep fried mars bar when they were over there? What was it like?

There were actually fairly tasty and I would have one again. You'd do well to eat more than one at a time but could see a market for it if a chipper decided to do it. 6 of us got one and think they were all polished off. Grand after a few pints. Tasty alright!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 12:57am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

There were actually fairly tasty and I would have one again. You'd do well to eat more than one at a time but could see a market for it if a chipper decided to do it. 6 of us got one and think they were all polished off. Grand after a few pints. Tasty alright!

Didnt get a chance to have one over there, but used to be able to get them in a chipper called kettle of fish in gort. Have to say one of the nicest things ive ever eaten. (used to do battered cadbury cream eggs for easter)
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
BagOfArse View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BagOfArse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 1:22am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by BagOfArse BagOfArse wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Funniest thing of the night was a fella with a Leeds crest on a tri colour singing up the RA.LOL

Spotted him at the airport on the way out,08.30 in the morning and he's in the bar in Dublin airport with that illunimous  Celtic away top on and a tricolour with a Leeds crest on draped around his shoulders.His hair was sh*te as well.
was he 50ish with a def leppard type blonde mullet???

Nah,mid twenties with a haircut like Phil and Lil.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 1:34am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Very tasty indeed. And as Reddladd said, they were all polished off in no time.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Tom Parker View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by BagOfArse BagOfArse wrote:

a haircut like Phil and Lil.
LOL
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 1:41pm
Bull and Castle down by Christchurch have battered Mars bar on the dessert menu. Last time I was there was a couple of years back so maybe it's gone.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:

And here's me thinking putting batter on everything was normal

We used to get a half battered pizza and chips for lunch everyday at school for £2. Never harmed any of us.

Might be a bit different doing it as a 22 year old bloke now and no a 14 year old laddie mind you.

FFS a school actually served that? DeadLOL
captkeen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 3:36pm
Loved the deep fried haggis, offally nice....................
Live Long and Prosper.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 4:32pm
Had a deep fried Bounty but it didn't live up to my expectations. The coconut went kinda soggy. Enjoy a deep fried mars bar though. 

As far as I know the Bull and Castle has dropped the deep friend mars bar from the menu. We didn't sell very many when I was there tbh.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 11:56pm
Campus on the Thursday was brilliant. Building Jager towers is easy when they are only 1.20. Girl left me in there for free Friday night due to how many Jagers I drank the previous night. On match day had a nice few pints for the cure which meant me missing the fans game unfortunately. Downsides to the trip was the result , getting called a Fenian Bastard by a beautiful blond girl and getting thrown out of O Neills for singing Irish songs in an Irish Bar Had good craic with the Scottish people , especially the local Rangers fans. A great bunch of people They impressed me so much, I Bought some of their merchandise in the airport on the way home. Its right next to the Glasgow Celtic shop
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 2:35pm
Just thought I'd bump this instead of creating a new thread, if a Mod wants to change the date.

Since there hasn't been any mention of Scotland yet is that because there's no interest, or just getting Armenia and Ukraine booked up first?
Can't do the aways in June so have this booked.

Will Campus be the expected go to place this time around? I hope so.

The dark side.. And the light
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 2:42pm
Irn Bru and vodka in Campus - Glorious !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071>
  Share Topic