You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 222>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 10:41am
Joking aside, is there any possibility this could move to London Town?

I've done a google search and cant find anything. 
I'm looking to book my holiday for this soon.

Sponsored Links

wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 11:13am
I heard it over a few pints in the Marriott.
Few Questions asked?

Have they not nominated Faro for all their games?
No!
Will other Countries not object as they did to us playing Andorra in Barcelona?
Cannot as Faro is not their nominated ground!

The lads were from Dublin Supporters Club who were saying it. I don't know if their answers are correct.

Maybe one for the Supporters Forum to press the FAI on.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 12:51pm
jokeshop if this is switched. 50 of us going taking in a weeks sun Holiday which is a bonus for the regular travellers as usually watching days off etc. between Family and Football.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by ZinedineKibane ZinedineKibane wrote:

Joking aside, is there any possibility this could move to London Town?

I've done a google search and cant find anything. 
I'm looking to book my holiday for this soon.

Why do you need a holiday....take a deck chair down the Navy Bank for a day in the sun, set up in the right spot and you can watch Quay Celtic or off out to Gyles Quay...sure Fergusons have a free caravan for a week. LOLLOLLOL

Heard London myself being thrown around the Hangar Bar.......but i was drunk Wink
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 1:05pm
At this stage it's just a rumor so wouldn't be too worried about it. I would imagine though that the fai will be looking for early confirmation from the Gibraltar FA on a decision
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

At this stage it's just a rumor so wouldn't be too worried about it. I would imagine though that the fai will be looking for early confirmation from the Gibraltar FA on a decision

AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Few Questions asked?

No!

The lads were from Dublin Supporters Club who were saying it. I don't know if their answers are correct.

Faro is their nominated home ground for their home matches in these qualifiers and UEFA have accepted and agreed to it. As they have already played one match in Faro the remainder will definitely be played there

But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

Few Questions asked?

No!

Faro is their nominated home ground for their home matches in these qualifiers and UEFA have accepted and agreed to it. As they have already played one match in Faro the remainder will definitely be played there

Ah would you give over Aido and stop spoiling things for everyone.  Now we have to find something else to moan about.  Back to the ticket thread quick lads before Aido announces that we have surplus tickets for Glasgow and that they are all free.
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

Few Questions asked?

No!

Ah would you give over Aido and stop spoiling things for everyone.  Now we have to find something else to moan about.  Back to the ticket thread quick lads before Aido announces that we have surplus tickets for Glasgow and that they are all free.

Oooooooooops sorry lads but some of the newbies might continue to bite and hold off booking flights early

But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:06am
Aido, Are you confirming we are playing Gibraltar in Faro?
I'm looking to book now.
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:53am

I'm looking to book now.

Yes Thumbs Up
no4JohnOShea View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no4JohnOShea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 6:42pm

Lads, a few of us met JD in the team hotel in Georgia at the weekend, he said to us there's a chance this game might be moved to London... tax reasons was all he said... wouldn't say Faro is set in stone yet!

AidoM I think they only nominate home grounds on a game by game basis. Some large countries tend to rotate their home games around the country... the Germans for example.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 8:15pm

I'm looking to book now.

Yes Thumbs Up

AidoM..... the new Tuff Paddy
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 4:51pm
A bit in today's star about the possible switch. No sources quoted.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

A bit in today's star about the possible switch. No sources quoted.
logging on to YBIG again
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 6:37pm

jet2 are cheap from Belfast at the moment.  I considered it but much handier to go from Dublin.  Package deals can also be booked. 

It is probably safer not to book.  Glad I didn't now.  Still hard to know though.  I'd be surprised if UEFA allowed it.  I know of Scottish fans who have booked for October 2015.  Surely both of our games will move to London or none. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:00pm
I know families who have booked Package deals already.It was the one trip this time that would allow us to have a week away by the sea.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

I'm looking to book now.

Yes Thumbs Up

AidoM..... the new Tuff Paddy

when I read his first post I was going to post the same. Thanks for beating me again hornet
The main thing is not to panic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 222>
  Share Topic