You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 222>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

What if you turn up, you have 6 tickets on your account and tell them my mates are in the pub and I have paid for the tickets in my name; the FAI aren't not going to give you tickets. They'd be reneging on an implied contract.

The other thing is that there can be sweet f**k all travelling to this fixture on other people's tickets.

I just don't see it being workable in the intended (well intended I may add) manner you have in mind. 

If the FAI are going to implement this, they need to announce it prior to taking money for the tickets as a condition of sale, not at the drop of a hat when they feel like it. Then nobody will have any complaints.

Pretty sure you have to name who the tickets are for otherwise how do they know they are entitled to them   - are they there for a piss up or for a match  ? (nothing wrong with both I might add). Turn up show ID get ticket back to pub

I know personally of at least 5 very regular travellers (am sure there are others) who would of been entitled to  tickets but aren't travelling for a variety of reasons and hadn't intended to travel . I would hate to think somebody could maybe use their record to get tickets and dish them out as they saw fit  , This is what I am trying to combat .

surely nothing wrong in that ?. It wouldn't be feasible for say another Cardiff or Copenhagen but given this is the worst allocation since 2011 and only 500 tickets  I believe its worth the effort. Hopefully the FAI do too, I believe some of the SC are in agreement but I obviously cant speak for them

Edited by Newryrep - 21 Feb 2019 at 9:59am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:25pm
There's one other problem, though. In terms of tickets that aren't collected, sure, they go from that person's record - but they then end up in the hands of equally "undeserving" people, the people who are first in the queue in Gibraltar. They may be top of the allocation list, but equally they could have no away history at all. 100% collection there doesn't result in the people who should have got tickets getting tickets - the FAI aren't going to be in a position to double check people's records when handing out uncollected tickets half an hour before kick off.

I know it could have a discouraging effect on people applying for tickets if they aren't going to travel, if they know two things: 1) the ticket isn't going to count for their record and 2) they know that the ticket is going to be reallocated. Then, there's no incentive to apply for and pay for a ticket. However, unless you know that in advance, it isn't going to make any difference. I don't see that it makes any difference for Gibraltar at this stage, when the application process is long closed.

As a general rule, in future, it could be worth having 100% pick up for places with allocations of less than 1,000, and we all basically agree on that, or something like it. However, for Gibraltar at this stage, I'm not sure what problem it actually solves. It doesn't result in people who actually deserved tickets getting them, that's for sure. If the system had been in place before this game, and publicly known, I'd agree, but I don't see what it does at this stage.

There is one thing it does, and that is make sure that as many of those who travel get in. There's a chance that there will be people in Gib with spare tickets and people who travel who don't have tickets - collection there does, I suppose, increase the number of fans who actually get in, if there are uncollected tickets & redistribution. If everyone picks up their own tickets, then there will be no "spares" aside from the uncollected ones. That is a viable reason to do it.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There's one other problem, though. In terms of tickets that aren't collected, sure, they go from that person's record - but they then end up in the hands of equally "undeserving" people, the people who are first in the queue in Gibraltar. They may be top of the allocation list, but equally they could have no away history at all. 100% collection there doesn't result in the people who should have got tickets getting tickets - the FAI aren't going to be in a position to double check people's records when handing out uncollected tickets half an hour before kick off.

If you queued for say 40min at the ground in the offchance of getting a ticket I would say you 'deserved' a ticket

Tickets are only distributed 5 mins after KO - as per the minutes of the meeting with the FAI

As a general rule, in future, it could be worth having 100% pick up for places with allocations of less than 1,000, and we all basically agree on that, or something like it. However, for Gibraltar at this stage, I'm not sure what problem it actually solves. It doesn't result in people who actually deserved tickets getting them, that's for sure. If the system had been in place before this game, and publicly known, I'd agree, but I don't see what it does at this stage.
Too cumbersome 10% check should suffice to discourage

Tightest allocation in 8 years , combatting people piggy backing other peoples records

Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:58pm
I think 5 mins after kick off is too late to be honest. 

Half an hour before kick off I think is fair
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

I think 5 mins after kick off is too late to be honest. 

Half an hour before kick off I think is fair

I'd agree, always something which annoys me at home games is people who arrive 5-10 minutes into the game just because they either wanted another pint or couldn't be bothered to show up early to create an atmosphere
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:47pm
Unfair on the staff too, they should be allowed time to get in and see the match as well. 
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

If you queued for say 40min at the ground in the offchance of getting a ticket I would say you 'deserved' a ticket
Well, if you're queueing 40 minutes before kick off, then I'm queueing 50 minutes before, then some other lad is going for an hour beforehand, etc.  What will happen is that you'll have a (couple of?) hundred people queueing hours before KO for tickets that might not even exist.  That's a system that's asking for trouble.

Better idea is for people to give their name and number on the day, and tell them to stay within 15 minutes travel of the ground.  Closer to KO, invite back a small number for the potential spares.  Ideally this would be according to their past record, random if not possible.
City Till I Die
Bogumit View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bogumit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Well, if you're queueing 40 minutes before kick off, then I'm queueing 50 minutes before, then some other lad is going for an hour beforehand, etc.  What will happen is that you'll have a (couple of?) hundred people queueing hours before KO for tickets that might not even exist.  That's a system that's asking for trouble.

Better idea is for people to give their name and number on the day, and tell them to stay within 15 minutes travel of the ground.  Closer to KO, invite back a small number for the potential spares.  Ideally this would be according to their past record, random if not possible.

Spares should be given to supporters clubs. Fairest way to get them to deserving fans
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:57pm

f**k YOU GUYS I'M LEAVING FOR GIBRALTAR NOW AND CAMPING OUTSIDE THE GROUND!!!
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Think all can agree that 100% pick up in Gibralter in person is the way to go

I think pick up should be the way forward but it will be more beneficial for the likes of Serbia,Moldova and Georgia etc nobody will hoard for this game and if they did it would be no benefit to there record as its Oversubscribed anyway but its the right way forward. 

Yeah, I don't see the reason to have to pick up for games like Gibraltar. The only reason is to make sure every ticket is used; if tickets are not collected before 5pm (ko 6pm remember), then the FAI can distribute them to people who are there without tickets.

Agreed. It would be a pain in the bollix for fans having to go to the team hotel at a set time to collect tickets and be subjected to a strip search by the Head of security when there is likely to be no ticket harvesters anyway as near all regulars will be there. Secondly, it’s not a requirement for SCs so it would actually encourage people to join. And thirdly, there is no way in hell you’ll get every last person down there. A fella will be sent down to collect for others and who is anyone to tell them they can’t take a ticket they have already paid for? 

It’s just not a runner

Incorrect - My SC has had to collect Tickets and distribute them at Away Games.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Bogumit Bogumit wrote:

Spares should be given to supporters clubs. Fairest way to get them to deserving fans
Really need to change your bait now Wink
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:24pm

this stemmed from an incident in Copenhagen where some posters were promised any uncollected tickets by the booth staff (likely in good faith) but just before KO another FAI official arrived and took them all

If they weren't going to be getting them they could of tried  elsewhere and they had hung around the booth waiting for them .

I dunno the fairest way it was a suggestion  - with about 15mis to go you would have a fair idea if you were gonna have a chance

If there 20 in the queue and only 5 left to collect the last 15 might as well clear off
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 4:27pm
f**k sake, load of guff. There's a system in place. Beyond that, if you want a bloody ticket badly enough you will find a way to get one.

If you care enough, you'll get a ticket one way or another.

I mean that. Where there's a will there's a ticket.

Edited by craiglen - 21 Feb 2019 at 4:31pm
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 4:37pm
Some sh*te spouted out on this thread about tickets. Now for the important things in life what's the craic with nightlife and pub scene? 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Some sh*te spouted out on this thread about tickets. Now for the important things in life what's the craic with nightlife and pub scene? 

this Clap
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 4:51pm
Fans Game for this ? 
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Fans Game for this ? 

Is there 11 people living in Gibraltar? 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Anyone I’ve asked that’s been there and one friend who lives there has said La Linea is far better and cheaper.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 222>
  Share Topic