You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 222>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:13am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Think all can agree that 100% pick up in Gibralter in person is the way to go

I think pick up should be the way forward but it will be more beneficial for the likes of Serbia,Moldova and Georgia etc nobody will hoard for this game and if they did it would be no benefit to there record as its Oversubscribed anyway but its the right way forward. 

Yeah, I don't see the reason to have to pick up for games like Gibraltar. The only reason is to make sure every ticket is used; if tickets are not collected before 5pm (ko 6pm remember), then the FAI can distribute them to people who are there without tickets.
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:16am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I think pick up should be the way forward but it will be more beneficial for the likes of Serbia,Moldova and Georgia etc nobody will hoard for this game and if they did it would be no benefit to there record as its Oversubscribed anyway but its the right way forward. 

Yeah, I don't see the reason to have to pick up for games like Gibraltar. The only reason is to make sure every ticket is used; if tickets are not collected before 5pm (ko 6pm remember), then the FAI can distribute them to people who are there without tickets.

Agreed. It would be a pain in the bollix for fans having to go to the team hotel at a set time to collect tickets and be subjected to a strip search by the Head of security when there is likely to be no ticket harvesters anyway as near all regulars will be there. Secondly, it’s not a requirement for SCs so it would actually encourage people to join. And thirdly, there is no way in hell you’ll get every last person down there. A fella will be sent down to collect for others and who is anyone to tell them they can’t take a ticket they have already paid for? 

It’s just not a runner
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:09am

I disagree. I've bought a ticket on Done deal off some lad in Waterford. He's likely to charge me more if he has to go there to collect it. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:02am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

I disagree. I've bought a ticket on Done deal off some lad in Waterford. He's likely to charge me more if he has to go there to collect it. 

Likely not a fd/sc ticket which is what the pick up is for ( though he is hardly charging face value I would imagine the touting ***t) 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:20am

LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:27am
As a general rule; tickets could be picked up if the face value of the ticket is under €10, isn't oversubscribed and there are less than 1000 applications. For this to work - all tickets wouldn't have to be collected in person; just a percentage, but if this is known in advance it's likely to discourage harvesting. The ticket office could also request flight confirmations off a percentage of applicants. If random samples were carried out on a percentage of applications; the harvesting problem would go away.

Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:28am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

LOL

Well I suppose collection is also one way to reduce possible touting too
(not saying you paid over the odds Panteira Wink)
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:29am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

As a general rule; tickets could be picked up if the face value of the ticket is under €10, isn't oversubscribed and there are less than 1000 applications. For this to work - all tickets wouldn't have to be collected in person; just a percentage, but if this is known in advance it's likely to discourage harvesting. The ticket office could also request flight confirmations off a percentage of applicants. If random samples were carried out on a percentage of applications; the harvesting problem would go away.

They already do for everyone, not sure they ever check it though
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:35am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

They only look for flight number and name of hotel which doesn’t prove anything.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:44am

LOLLOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Agreed. It would be a pain in the bollix for fans having to go to the team hotel at a set time to collect tickets and be subjected to a strip search by the Head of security when there is likely to be no ticket harvesters anyway as near all regulars will be there. Secondly, it’s not a requirement for SCs so it would actually encourage people to join. And thirdly, there is no way in hell you’ll get every last person down there. A fella will be sent down to collect for others and who is anyone to tell them they can’t take a ticket they have already paid for? 

It’s just not a runner

You are completely missing the point

Firstly it is approx only . 500 tickets

Secondly - its Gibraltar - you can throw a stone from one side of it to the other , I would anticipate  pick up at the ground 2 hours before KO as well not the team hotel but that is for the FAI to decide if it goes ahead

thirdly - it is not to combat people harvesting tickets ( why would you harvest a point for a game that isn't going to be counted Wacko) its to combat people using other peoples records to get tickets - you turn up show ID get your ticket - simple - no turning up to claim a 'mates' tickets

and as a bonus any tickets that get uncollected get distributed 5 mins after KO as per the minutes of the last meeting with the FAI

I really can see how anybody can object
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

They only look for flight number and name of hotel which doesn’t prove anything.

Well not now due to GDPR, was nothing legally (SuperDave can correct me if incorrect) wrong with them contacting the airline / hotel to confirm a booking.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:14am

It’s just not a runner

Secondly - its Gibraltar - you can throw a stone from one side of it to the other , I would anticipate  pick up at the ground 2 hours before KO as well not the team hotel but that is for the FAI to decide if it goes ahead

thirdly - it is not to combat people harvesting tickets ( why would you harvest a point for a game that isn't going to be counted Wacko) its to combat people using other peoples records to get tickets - you turn up show ID get your ticket - simple - no turning up to claim a 'mates' tickets

and as a bonus any tickets that get uncollected get distributed 5 mins after KO as per the minutes of the last meeting with the FAI

WOW!!!
How did the Olympics not pick you up
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:17am
looks like I’ll be spending my afternoon at the pick up point actively trying to stop people collecting their tickets- sorry, I meant hoping that a few people don’t show up !

Edited by Borussia - 21 Feb 2019 at 9:17am
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:18am

It’s just not a runner

WOW!!!
How did the Olympics not pick you up

Better than that Lassie.............NR is so tight that he can throw a 1 euro coin from one side to the other......and CATCH it BEFORE it bounces !!
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:28am

i f**king told you not to post anything on YBIG 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:35am

It’s just not a runner

What if you turn up, you have 6 tickets on your account and tell them my mates are in the pub and I have paid for the tickets in my name; the FAI aren't not going to give you tickets. They'd be reneging on an implied contract.

The other thing is that there can be sweet f**k all travelling to this fixture on other people's tickets.

I just don't see it being workable in the intended (well intended I may add) manner you have in mind. 

If the FAI are going to implement this, they need to announce it prior to taking money for the tickets as a condition of sale, not at the drop of a hat when they feel like it. Then nobody will have any complaints.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:47am
the marks & spencer bedsheet warrior does have a point there!  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 222>
  Share Topic