You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 222>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:26am
Some of you are wondering why friendlies count now when they didn't before. There was no statement from the FAI to supporters informing them of their sudden decision to include them when all the chat the last few years has been about transparency. Perhaps if the FAI didn't include friendlies in this allocation it would have made their job more difficult? Was there really 500 fans at 5 of the 9 games used though ? Or is there more tickets going into hands elsewhere ? Genuine question for the lads who were at those games. 
Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:36am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Some of you are wondering why friendlies count now when they didn't before. There was no statement from the FAI to supporters informing them of their sudden decision to include them when all the chat the last few years has been about transparency. Perhaps if the FAI didn't include friendlies in this allocation it would have made their job more difficult? Was there really 500 fans at 5 of the 9 games used though ? Or is there more tickets going into hands elsewhere ? Genuine question for the lads who were at those games. 

Of the 6 games I attended (Moldova, Austria, Georgia, France, Wales and Denmark) there would of been 500 or more at imo but I know from watching the other 3 games on tv it seemed like a very small Irish crowd at them. 

Think we all know was tickets harvested for the majority of them games (personally I'd say tickets harvested for all bar vienna) so it's the fai job to find a way to prevent this from happening and imo only solution is picking up tickets where the game is been played
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:23am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Didnt meet the criteria myself but I am delighted Kearney missed out too.

Why? 

Have you read his posts?

Yes, just wondered why you were so petty. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Bogumit Bogumit wrote:

Just out of curiosity, based on a comment in another thread, did all committe members get sorted?
Eh, what’s your agenda here ? I think the reason most of the people volunteered to be on the committee was that they were seasoned away travellers. I don’t know all of them - I know some will have qualified a d I know some will have not. But what I do know is they are transparent enough to put their names in public so if they hadn’t been to a lot of games but still got sorted through the FAI then it would be pretty obvious. If you are questioning them on here then my not step out from behind your nickname and tell us why you are questioning this ?
This lad is a clear WUM, best ignored
Bogumit View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bogumit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, based on a comment in another thread, did all committe members get sorted?

Eh, what’s your agenda here ? I think the reason most of the people volunteered to be on the committee was that they were seasoned away travellers. I don’t know all of them - I know some will have qualified a d I know some will have not. But what I do know is they are transparent enough to put their names in public so if they hadn’t been to a lot of games but still got sorted through the FAI then it would be pretty obvious. If you are questioning them on here then my not step out from behind your nickname and tell us why you are questioning this ?

Home truths are something that can’t be ignored my friend
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:10am

You were, unless I missed something, the first and so far only person to throw mud at the mandate committee. Two of those member shave clarified their position. Now unless you have something factual to say that backs up your stone throwing, then knock it on the head.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

You were, unless I missed something, the first and so far only person to throw mud at the mandate committee. Two of those member shave clarified their position. Now unless you have something factual to say that backs up your stone throwing, then knock it on the head.

All well and good Sham but we have been calling out (or at least some of us have) the CRISSC, supporter clubs like Sell Outs of 88 and Galway for their intransparent systems and obvious manipulation of the system so don’t see how Mandate Committee shouldn’t be subjected to same scrutiny.

As said, it doesn’t bother me either way but there is no credibility if the group calling for transparency aren’t transparent themselves. Especially for stakeholders whom all Irish away fans are - there shouldn’t be any issue with disclosing allocations I would have thought. There is no requirement for them to disclose allocations but I just feel credibility has to be questioned.

I guarantee that Bogumit is not the only one asking the question and concerned but most will stay quiet because they know members of the committee. I don’t think he is particularly wrong in anything he has said. Yes it’s snide but it’s a simple question
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:23am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Of the 6 games I attended (Moldova, Austria, Georgia, France, Wales and Denmark) there would of been 500 or more at imo but I know from watching the other 3 games on tv it seemed like a very small Irish crowd at them. 

Think we all know was tickets harvested for the majority of them games (personally I'd say tickets harvested for all bar vienna) so it's the fai job to find a way to prevent this from happening and imo only solution is picking up tickets where the game is been played
Surely with technology  FAI could get access to scanned tickets or have their security scan a voucher given with the ticket or collect them once we are in side the stadia 
Ponits only allocated after vouchers are verified. Points double the points deduction for no shows unless they can prove an emergency occurred ie death illness.
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

All well and good Sham but we have been calling out (or at least some of us have) the CRISSC, supporter clubs like Sell Outs of 88 and Galway for their intransparent systems and obvious manipulation of the system so don’t see how Mandate Committee shouldn’t be subjected to same scrutiny.

As said, it doesn’t bother me either way but there is no credibility if the group calling for transparency aren’t transparent themselves. Especially for stakeholders whom all Irish away fans are - there shouldn’t be any issue with disclosing allocations I would have thought. There is no requirement for them to disclose allocations but I just feel credibility has to be questioned.

I guarantee that Bogumit is not the only one asking the question and concerned but most will stay quiet because they know members of the committee. I don’t think he is particularly wrong in anything he has said. Yes it’s snide but it’s a simple question

It’s all very good to question stuff - nobody should have any issu with that. But go back and read the posts - they are not questioning, they are out & out accusing. And that’s totally different.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:35am

It’s all very good to question stuff - nobody should have any issu with that. But go back and read the posts - they are not questioning, they are out & out accusing. And that’s totally different.
Point taken Thumbs Up

I did address the fact that I didn't agree with his post in my initial response.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:53am

Point taken Thumbs Up

I did address the fact that I didn't agree with his post in my initial response.
Which is also what I was getting at, Bog was just accusing in an intial post and then following it up with thinly veiled accusations. If he has something factual to say or ask then go for it, but snide accusations arent on.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Surely with technology  FAI could get access to scanned tickets or have their security scan a voucher given with the ticket or collect them once we are in side the stadia 
Ponits only allocated after vouchers are verified. Points double the points deduction for no shows unless they can prove an emergency occurred ie death illness.

Its a lot handier to just have pick up from hotel in the host city.No need to add an extra process, scanning/vouchers etc.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:12pm

Didnt meet the criteria myself but I am delighted Kearney missed out too.

Why? 

Have you read his posts?

Yes, just wondered why you were so petty. 

It's in my nature.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:12pm

Just on this again, its up to those signed up to the mandate to hold those that represent them to account. However, I do understand also that transparency is crucial and Im sure those on the committee would feel likewise. 

Now given what has gone on since Scotland re tickets, I doubt that any of those involved would go down the road of abusing their position to get their hands on tickets when theyre outside the set criteria or make representations for tickets, as they know full well that the FAI would be only too happy to let it slip and use this against them. When dealing with the FAI lads have to be whiter than white and Im sure (hope) that the lads and lady involved know that.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Its a lot handier to just have pick up from hotel in the host city.No need to add an extra process, scanning/vouchers etc.

Don't know if it is handier for the FAI, but it can be pain in the arse for supporters.  Kazakhstan, Bosnia and Köln being stand out examples for myself.

For comparison, the GAA prevent season ticket harversting by only awarding attendance where the ticket has been scanned at the gate.

At away games, we only use a handful of turnstiles.  It shouldn't be too difficult to isolate and compare scanner data with tickets issued.  It would also save the FAI having to employ an extra person and fly them abroad simply to hand out tickets.  Just post the tickets out, and compare the data from the warmth of the office the week after the match.
City Till I Die
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Don't know if it is handier for the FAI, but it can be pain in the arse for supporters.  Kazakhstan, Bosnia and Köln being stand out examples for myself.

For comparison, the GAA prevent season ticket harversting by only awarding attendance where the ticket has been scanned at the gate.

At away games, we only use a handful of turnstiles.  It shouldn't be too difficult to isolate and compare scanner data with tickets issued.  It would also save the FAI having to employ an extra person and fly them abroad simply to hand out tickets.  Just post the tickets out, and compare the data from the warmth of the office the week after the match.

in Tbilisi there were scanners and a few lads scanned a couple of tickets going in, so that is a potential downfall where there is no manual scanning by an operator

my worry and it will be for others will be the swiss game if we are in contention in the group those 3 friendly additions have blown this wide open 

i agree on credit for friendlies as long as we know in advance 

but should 3 friendlies + wales, denmark & Austria be worth the same as 6 competitive which include belgrade chisinau and tbilisi? my opinion NO

it would be good for the mandate committee to get the criteria in advance of this 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:54pm
I'd say there will be no more worries with tickets this campaign.

Denmark will see everyone sorted
Georgia will see everyone sorted
Switzerland will see most loyal sorted quite easily with the numbets we will get.

Don't think we have an away friendly for some time either do we?

Ticket distribution will always cause complaints. As stated earlier in the thread I don't go to friendlies, but happy enough they are included now we know they do. I still think going to every competitive game will always usually land me a ticket.

As for collection, this is a good option, and maybe a random percentage each game to not take up too much FAI resource. Tbilisi will be the game this campaign where it is likely to be a problem so maybe increase the percentage there due to travelling numbers not being so large.
Eire182 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eire182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:21pm
switzerland confirmed for geneva so it's gonna be another struggle for tickets 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 222>
  Share Topic