You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 222>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 7:57pm
what percentage of tickets have been allocated to independent travellers? How does that % compare to previous over subscribed games?
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

My tuppence

There was loads of harvesting in Serbia, Moldova and Georgia.  I also noticed quite a lot of new fans on trips in the past 12 months.  5 away trips with very little harvesting. Tough to deny those that travelled when we were at a low ebb.  All 6 competitive trips also got fans a ticket.  So probably fair enough IMO.  

The system does need to allow new fans to come on board.  

100% pick up in person in Gib Gspain ?

I hope so.  Appreciate there are costs for the FAI but I'd gladly volunteer. 

Don’t think any non Fai staff should be handing out tickets tbh.  

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:02pm

My tuppence

There was loads of harvesting in Serbia, Moldova and Georgia.  I also noticed quite a lot of new fans on trips in the past 12 months.  5 away trips with very little harvesting. Tough to deny those that travelled when we were at a low ebb.  All 6 competitive trips also got fans a ticket.  So probably fair enough IMO.  

The system does need to allow new fans to come on board.  

This.

No issue with having to collect over there also. Some people will never ever be satisfied no matter what the outcome is
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

what percentage of tickets have been allocated to independent travellers? How does that % compare to previous over subscribed games?

Was 33% of 40% overall - approx. 13%

now 47% of 65% overall -  approx. 30%
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Nothing in my Fai account either. Have missed 1 away competeive fixture in 20 years because I got married last year. How can you retrospectively let friendliest count for the 1st time ever.
Armenia ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 9:33pm
deckchairs and bag of cans on the rock for all the lads!!!!!!!! 
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
ShaneH10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneH10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by ShaneH10 ShaneH10 wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by ShaneH10 ShaneH10 wrote:

TO gone into a meeting so can't get hold of them - seems I'm one of the few on 6/9 that didn't get a ticket for whatever reason if though my rejection email stated you needed 6 of the 9

Are you a season ticket holder as well? that was part of the criteria. if so then that's just typical of the FAI.

ST Holder aswell, FD member since it started. 

FFS I'd be livid Angry

Ended up getting sorted by the TO. Looks like it was just a mistake on their part but got sorted once they found out.

Cria really is a saint - some of the stuff she has to put up with is unbelievable 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 11:21pm
It seems the primary issues with the whole allocation here are as follows:

- friendlies counting when they hadn't counted before (and, most importantly, it not being clear before those friendlies that attendance for those might count for future away games)
- it is not clear if a season ticket was required or if only away record was looked at (though I doubt this is a real issue, given that anyone with 6+ aways is almost certainly a season ticket holder)
- oversubscribed games not counting, even as a tiebreaker (i.e. if you had 5/9 and so did another person, but you went to oversubscribed game, you still had the same weight in the ballot)

I think it's fair to say those are the primary issues, right? Are there any other serious issues? I know there are some people who, for whatever reason, should have got tickets but didn't, and hopefully they've been sorted now.

Hopefully these issues will not have any impact on the next few games. I can't see ticket issues for Denmark or, especially, Georgia, although there might be issues with Switzerland and any playoff games.

A list of the major issues, aside from the three above, would be useful.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Was 33% of 40% overall - approx. 13%

now 47% of 65% overall -  approx. 30%
good stuff. Good work 

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:11am
Amused but also bemused reading this thread.

Does anyone in their right mind think that had the oversubscribed games in Wales or Denmark been added to the list that all of a sudden they would have jumped 200 fans that had gone to friendlies but for whatever reason decided not to bother with a crunch World Cup qualifier Confused

The exact same regulars that go to friendlies go to competitive matches shockingly enough so f**k all would have changed if the metrics were adjusted to suit personal circumstances.  It’s laughable people seem to think otherwise 

Disappointed there weren’t viable complaints and FAI get away with this one

Edited by Pipkin - 20 Feb 2019 at 1:12am
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 6:52am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It seems the primary issues with the whole allocation here are as follows:

- friendlies counting when they hadn't counted before (and, most importantly, it not being clear before those friendlies that attendance for those might count for future away games)
- it is not clear if a season ticket was required or if only away record was looked at (though I doubt this is a real issue, given that anyone with 6+ aways is almost certainly a season ticket holder)
- oversubscribed games not counting, even as a tiebreaker (i.e. if you had 5/9 and so did another person, but you went to oversubscribed game, you still had the same weight in the ballot)

I think it's fair to say those are the primary issues, right? Are there any other serious issues? I know there are some people who, for whatever reason, should have got tickets but didn't, and hopefully they've been sorted now.

Hopefully these issues will not have any impact on the next few games. I can't see ticket issues for Denmark or, especially, Georgia, although there might be issues with Switzerland and any playoff games.

A list of the major issues, aside from the three above, would be useful.

According to the email I received a season ticket was required: 

‘On this occasion Supporters with a season ticket who attended 6 or more of the above nine fixtures received priority in the allocation process and their applications were successful.’

Bogumit View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bogumit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:34am
Just out of curiosity, based on a comment in another thread, did all committe members get sorted?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:35am
I think it is confirmed that a season ticket was needed so my only query relates to the first issue and the retrospective change to the system. For those wondering, I missed Serbia away and Wales away so I’m not sure I’d get a ticket if friendlies weren’t counted. My motivation is a fair system and letting people know in advance what they have to do to gain priority. Moving forward, if the FAI can guarantee that they won’t change the criteria without advance notice and will be including friendlies then I’ve no issue with that. My issue this time is that you potentially had somebody who’d been to 9 of the last 10 away competitive games (when previously only competitive games counted) and could have missed out and to me that’s not right. As mentioned before, oversubscribed games should not count for obvious reasons. 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:43am
I know I've always assumed they didn't count but can anyone ever remember the fai officially  stating away friendlies didn't count. Would be good to know if they always have done and if not why the sudden change of mind to start including them now (and I got a ticket based off the back of attending 1 of them friendlies but even then didn't think it would affect my record), 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Didnt meet the criteria myself but I am delighted Kearney missed out too.

Why? 

Have you read his posts?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Bogumit Bogumit wrote:

Just out of curiosity, based on a comment in another thread, did all committe members get sorted?
Eh, what’s your agenda here ? I think the reason most of the people volunteered to be on the committee was that they were seasoned away travellers. I don’t know all of them - I know some will have qualified a d I know some will have not. But what I do know is they are transparent enough to put their names in public so if they hadn’t been to a lot of games but still got sorted through the FAI then it would be pretty obvious. If you are questioning them on here then my not step out from behind your nickname and tell us why you are questioning this ?
Bogumit View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bogumit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Eh, what’s your agenda here ? I think the reason most of the people volunteered to be on the committee was that they were seasoned away travellers. I don’t know all of them - I know some will have qualified a d I know some will have not. But what I do know is they are transparent enough to put their names in public so if they hadn’t been to a lot of games but still got sorted through the FAI then it would be pretty obvious. If you are questioning them on here then my not step out from behind your nickname and tell us why you are questioning this ?

Just asking a question based on a comment in another thread
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

No idea on Bogumit’s agenda and don’t agree with the way he has approached the topic but imagine he missed out and was close to the cut off mark. It doesn’t bother me one way or the other; I’ve lost interest in all things ticket allocations as they’ve been done to death and the least of Irish football’s concerns but for people who were close to the cut off mark I don’t see why transparency is a requisite from the FAI and not the committee. It would be a bit rich of a committee founded by fans to lobby the FAI for a transparent ticket scheme not to be transparent themselves.

Perception is important 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 222>
  Share Topic