You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 222>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

nearly 200 first time applications for this game. That's a good start for those with a decent  away records if that keeps going through  those on 1 2 and 3 away. Criteria for a ticket could be as low  as 5 games.

5 from what? Euro 16, Wc 18 and nations league ?
Aarhus Wroclow Cardiff NL Paris Atalaya Tblisi   Chisinau Belgrade Sarajevo got this from Ticket Office on Monday @0 9.30am when I was paying for Georgia tickets.
If that is what the games will be then there aren't a whole lot that are going to have all of them. Personally I think 3 or 4 from that might see you sorted.
From those set of games I know a good few regulars who would have maybe 5 of them at most.

Was Sarajevo not oversubscribed??

Anyway we'll wait and see 

Edited by wanderer - 12 Feb 2019 at 7:26pm
Sponsored Links

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

nearly 200 first time applications for this game. That's a good start for those with a decent  away records if that keeps going through  those on 1 2 and 3 away. Criteria for a ticket could be as low  as 5 games.

Aarhus Wroclow Cardiff NL Paris Atalaya Tblisi   Chisinau Belgrade Sarajevo got this from Ticket Office on Monday @0 9.30am when I was paying for Georgia tickets.
If that is what the games will be then there aren't a whole lot that are going to have all of them. Personally I think 3 or 4 from that might see you sorted.
From those set of games I know a good few regulars who would have maybe 5 of them at most.

Sorry it's Vienna not Sarajevo both were over subscribed due to duplicate application but everyone got sorted 

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 7:45pm

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Sorry it's Vienna not Sarajevo both were over subscribed due to duplicate application but everyone got sorted 

Cheers yeah thought that it would be vienna given even new season ticket holders were able to get tickets for that. Leaves me on 4 anyway. Will be close. 
Thanks 
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 7:57pm
4 will be there or there abouts first 2 after Euros getting out of group cost lads holidays and €€  so low attendences at first 2 games.
There was  Wroclow 600 Atalaya 300 Chisinau 900 Belgrade 600 not sure about  Paris.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:02pm

4 will be there or there abouts first 2 after Euros getting out of group cost lads holidays and €€  so low attendences at first 2 games.
There was  Wroclow 600 Atalaya 300 Chisinau 900 Belgrade 600 not sure about  Paris.

True. There was alot of harvesting in Belgrade.
For wroclaw I'd have said 300 or so. Didn't seem like there was 600 there. A good few also didn't bother with the nation's league.

Hopefully we find out soon anyway 

Edited by wanderer - 12 Feb 2019 at 8:08pm
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:11pm

Think you're a bit far out with your Belgrade estimation 250-300 max

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 12 Feb 2019 at 8:12pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:24pm
Chisinau Belgrade Vienna Tbilisi Atalaya Paris Cardiff NL Wroclow Aarhus

IF these are the games not that many will have made all,  even 7 or 8 is a serious push

Chisinau - straight after the euros including a trip to Lyon time off/money
Belgrade - straight after the euros including a trip to Lyon time off/money
Vienna - if you could only do one trip in the autumn you would do Belgrade or Chisinau 
Tbilisi - plenty been before
Atalya - ackward time of the year
Paris - not again - plenty hate the place, being a Monday didn't help
Cardiff NL - sh*thole
Wroclaw - not  a great time of the year
Aarhaus - bit ackward to get to

Make off it what you will there was harvesting  ,

But 100% pick up on 520 tickets will be interesting on how many are actually collected  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:28pm
There will be no collection of tickets, its happened once and that was Georgia in 2014 due to a late delivery. I have done last 9/10 competive away games, but not bothered with any friendlies. Fair play to those that go to them, you deserve a ticket for your effort.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

IF these are the games not that many will have made all,  even 7 or 8 is a serious push

Vienna - if you could only do one trip in the autumn you would do Belgrade or Chisinau 
Cardiff NL - sh*thole

But 100% pick up on 520 tickets will be interesting on how many are actually collected  

I'd be surprised if it was 100% collection but it wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Your breakdown sums it up quite well. I'd say 5 of them gets you a ticket and 4 is a maybe.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:40pm
If missy is to be believed and I’ve no reason not go believe her - why are the fai suddenly counting friendliee. For wales / Denmark - last 2 oversubscribed they used competitive only
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:48pm

If missy is to be believed and I’ve no reason not go believe her - why are the fai suddenly counting friendliee. For wales / Denmark - last 2 oversubscribed they used competitive only

clearly oversubscribed were not included as it gave you an unfair advantage of pulling ahead of somebody who would of went to the game but couldn't because of the low allocation

You( whoever did get to the game ) got to see the game which was the main thing you should not get an added bonus of pulling further ahead of somebody who didn't go even though they wanted to
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

There will be no collection of tickets, its happened once and that was Georgia in 2014 due to a late delivery. I have done last 9/10 competive away games, but not bothered with any friendlies. Fair play to those that go to them, you deserve a ticket for your effort.
Incorrect ticket collection also happened in Kazakhstan at team hotel
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:11am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/football/watch-700-ireland-fans-can-make-a-hell-of-a-lot-of-noise-in-an-empty-stadium-in-serbia-94244

I think going by this picture the number was close to 150 that actually travelled. The Belgrade and Moldova, Tbilisi destinations should be the venues for Collection not the Oversubscribed games. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
PJIRELAND View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJIRELAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:40am
Some top quality fishing on this thread. At least I hope they’re fishing. 🙄
YBIG Fantasy Football Champion 2013/2014.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:34am

Cardiff NL - sh*thole

If this is the 10 games I’ve 6 out of them. Vienna was just slightly oversubscribed. I got sorted with me only being on my 2nd season ticket. Would the Glasgow friendly be considered? It was done through the away portal aswell.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Cardiff NL - sh*thole

If this is the 10 games I’ve 6 out of them. Vienna was just slightly oversubscribed. I got sorted with me only being on my 2nd season ticket. Would the Glasgow friendly be considered? It was done through the away portal aswell.

The Celtic games was an Ireland XI and a testimonial game so probably the reason why it’s not been counted 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:09am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Incorrect ticket collection also happened in Kazakhstan at team hotel
Yep you are right about that one . Now one of the lads picked up tickets for us while we were out there and saved us trying to get out to the hotel as transport was quite difficult LOLLOLLOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:41am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/football/watch-700-ireland-fans-can-make-a-hell-of-a-lot-of-noise-in-an-empty-stadium-in-serbia-94244

I think going by this picture the number was close to 150 that actually travelled. The Belgrade and Moldova, Tbilisi destinations should be the venues for Collection not the Oversubscribed games. 

Stevie wonder could tell you there was nowhere near 700 fans in Belgrade was a high number of tickets harvested for that game.
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 222>
  Share Topic