You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 222>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

it's very hard get the on the away ticket ladder, I have three season tickets in my name for the last 4 years, I was at the euros, got turned down for Vienna Cardiff and copenhagen, travelled to all 3 but only managed to get a ticket for Vienna. I got tickets for wroclaw and aarhaus off the FAI last year but know I have no hope for Gibraltar. I know lads will say I need to be going to places like Georgia to build up my account but that's just not feasible with work and a young family to head off for 5 days. Should I harvest? Haha only joking.

In fairness the 3 of them games were the most in demand games in recent years. In general its not that hard to get on the away ticket ladder like is a chance Gibraltar be the only game oversubscribed this campaign (depending where Switzerland play us) Serbia, moldova and georgia were ideal trips last campaign to get on the ticket ladder and none of them necessarily required the 5 days you mentioned 

Yeah you can do an away game in 2 or 3 days depending when it falls. The double header in October is only costing me 5 days leave in total 
Sponsored Links

Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:31pm
Ya it's not hard at all. When you only apply to go to the most oversubscribed games without a history the chances are you won't get one. If you get a few of the slightly less appealing tames under your belt you build up your chances of getting them for the bigger games.

We will only have about 900 fans in Gibraltar. If there were higher demand either Aer Lingus or Ryanair would have special match flights 
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Ya it's not hard at all. When you only apply to go to the most oversubscribed games without a history the chances are you won't get one. If you get a few of the slightly less appealing tames under your belt you build up your chances of getting them for the bigger games.

We will only have about 900 fans in Gibraltar. If there were higher demand either Aer Lingus or Ryanair would have special match flights 

Yeah just on the flights part of that there are still some reasonably priced flights available. If there were 1.5k going then everything would be sold out or as you say special flights on. There must be hundreds of duplicates and first time accounts after applying 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:45pm
Ah now it's not hard to get on the ladder at all:

Aarhus: no bother
Cardiff: no bother
Wroclaw: no bother
Paris: no bother
Turkey: no bother
Copenhagen: real bother
Cardiff: real bother
Tbilisi: no bother
Vienna: some bother
Chisinau: no bother
Belgrade: no bother

Only 2/11 were real bother. For the third, in Vienna, anyone with any away history got a ticket and some season ticket holders with no away history got tickets too. It was only a little oversubscribed. 8 of the last 11 away games have not had trouble. There also won't be trouble with either Copenhagen in June or Tbilisi in October.

That being the case, I don't think it is accurate to say "it's very hard get the on the away ticket ladder".

Edited by SuperDave84 - 07 Feb 2019 at 9:46pm
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:52pm
Hopefully I will be lucky and a get a ticket off the FAI for this. I was in Tbilisi, Paris, Cardiff , Wroclaw and Aarhus out of those 11.  Either way I am booked up for all the away games this year so I will be in Gibraltar with or without a ticket.

Edited by limerick lad - 07 Feb 2019 at 9:52pm
just hit the fecking thing
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

Hopefully I will be lucky and a get a ticket off the FAI for this. I was in Tbilisi, Paris, Cardiff , Wroclaw and Aarhus out of those 11.  Either way I am booked up for all the away games this year so I will be in Gibraltar with or without a ticket.

Paris, Aarhus and Cardiff as well as three season tickets for. Reckon that is right on the border
Danger here, OH NO
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

Paris, Aarhus and Cardiff as well as three season tickets for. Reckon that is right on the border

Don't know..You'll probably need more than 3 for this. Maybe 4 or 5 
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:21pm
as far as I've been informed friendlys don't count towards your record.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:36pm

as far as I've been informed friendlys don't count towards your record.
Mandate committee were recently told they do. But it's not a transparent system so nobody really knows.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:40pm
that's great news, I'm on the bottom rung of the ladder soTongue
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:54pm

that's great news, I'm on the bottom rung of the ladder soTongue
Have you applied for Gibraltar?
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 11:00pm
yea, flying to and staying in Malaga. Ticket or no ticket I'll head over.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 4:52am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Only 2/11 were real bother. For the third, in Vienna, anyone with any away history got a ticket and some season ticket holders with no away history got tickets too. It was only a little oversubscribed. 8 of the last 11 away games have not had trouble. There also won't be trouble with either Copenhagen in June or Tbilisi in October.

That being the case, I don't think it is accurate to say "it's very hard get the on the away ticket ladder".

Are these the fixtures being used to decide allocation?? The euro 2016 qualification totally gone from record??
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Are these the fixtures being used to decide allocation?? The euro 2016 qualification totally gone from record??
Nobody can say what they'll use because nobody knows 100% they'll say what was used whenever they tell us if we have tickets or not. 
Euro2016 qualification will still be on your historical record but highly unlikely they'll use euro2016 games, in other words they won't count no 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 9:44am
We are expecting clear guidance from the FAI on what games are included and what the criteria will be given the limited number of tickets . 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

We are expecting clear guidance from the FAI on what games are included and what the criteria will be given the limited number of tickets . 

All well and good and I realise it is difficult to provide this prior to applications being submitted but the criteria should be laid out during the application process. But like i said i do accept it is difficult to implement this. Even if they said when the applications opened these are the 7 or 10 games whatever it may be that we'll be working off for this game, but we cant tell you how many of those 7 or 10 you'll need then even that would be a huge benefit.

Anyway hopefully everyone gets sorted because with 1.5k applications theres bound to be plenty of duplicates and new account holders etc.

Edited by wanderer - 08 Feb 2019 at 9:51am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

All well and good and I realise it is difficult to provide this prior to applications being submitted but the criteria should be laid out during the application process. But like i said i do accept it is difficult to implement this. Even if they said when the applications opened these are the 7 or 10 games whatever it may be that we'll be working off for this game, but we cant tell you how many of those 7 or 10 you'll need then even that would be a huge benefit.

Anyway hopefully everyone gets sorted because with 1.5k applications theres bound to be plenty of duplicates and new account holders etc.

It's not really, as far as I know the FAI has a points system based on everything you apply for. They have just kept this to themselves.

Take the Scottish FA model or any Premier League Club, you sign into your account and you can see how many points you have.

It  gives you a clear overview of how many points are required to get a ticket for said match. It gives you a clear overview of how many points your receive for applying and receiving tickets for example.

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:55am
Think it's time to panic.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 222>
  Share Topic