You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 222>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Gangsters and monkeys it's an awful situation to be in 

It's difficult to know which will be the greater threat.
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

And let's not forget what's the pickpocket situation like.

Anyway on a serious note any ideas when we might get white smoke on applications 

Edited by wanderer - 07 Feb 2019 at 4:44pm
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 4:40pm

Dunno about gangsters but I was attacked by monkeys in Nagano during the World Cup in 2002 so I know to avoid those....
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 4:50pm

Anyway on a serious note any ideas when we might get white smoke on applications 
The monkeys are the pick pockets
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:00pm
Do we need passport if walking through border from Spain ??
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Yes you do! Actually can see lads (me) losing their passport after a hard night at it......

Where is the nearest embassy/consulate?LOL
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:33pm
Pickpocketing monkeys? St. Tom is very worried about them.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Ya and they are very strict. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:23pm

End of next week for applications. Approx 1500 applications for tickets
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

That's not that bad is it. Keeping in mind how many will only have a handful of games on their account. I wonder what the critera will be set at 

Edited by wanderer - 07 Feb 2019 at 8:37pm
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:41pm

Wonder how many of that 1500 is duplicate applications as it happens nearly every game 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:52pm
2 of us arriving to Malaga early sat alprox 8.45. Looking for a way down to Gibraltar/la linea. Either return Saturday or return early Sunday. Anyone got anything organised with space for 2?? Be cutting it a bit tight for lb’s bus
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Wonder how many of that 1500 is duplicate applications as it happens nearly every game 
Yeah I was thinking that. 3 friends all apply for 3 each etc. I'd say you cut a few hundred with duplications and then again with those that have only a few games on account 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:56pm
Yeah, if they cut out the new accounts and the duplicates, there won't be many left without.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, if they cut out the new accounts and the duplicates, there won't be many left without.

The critera might not be as high then as we were thinking at the start. At the beginning people were thinking 8 or 9 games 
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:18pm
it's very hard get the on the away ticket ladder, I have three season tickets in my name for the last 4 years, I was at the euros, got turned down for Vienna Cardiff and copenhagen, travelled to all 3 but only managed to get a ticket for Vienna. I got tickets for wroclaw and aarhaus off the FAI last year but know I have no hope for Gibraltar. I know lads will say I need to be going to places like Georgia to build up my account but that's just not feasible with work and a young family to head off for 5 days. Should I harvest? Haha only joking.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

it's very hard get the on the away ticket ladder, I have three season tickets in my name for the last 4 years, I was at the euros, got turned down for Vienna Cardiff and copenhagen, travelled to all 3 but only managed to get a ticket for Vienna. I got tickets for wroclaw and aarhaus off the FAI last year but know I have no hope for Gibraltar. I know lads will say I need to be going to places like Georgia to build up my account but that's just not feasible with work and a young family to head off for 5 days. Should I harvest? Haha only joking.

Did you apply for Gibraltar??

Unfortuently the euros don't count on your record, you also applied for the 3 games over subscribed. Vienna there was alot of new season ticket holders they too got turned down, Cardiff and Copenhagen yeah you wouldn't have had a chance there. 

So you've 2 games on your account that's a start. You should be fine for Denmark in June but yeah lads are right the only way is to go to places like Georgia, Moldova, Serbia etc. Everyone has to start somewhere. We've all been there.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

In fairness the 3 of them games were the most in demand games in recent years. In general its not that hard to get on the away ticket ladder like is a chance Gibraltar be the only game oversubscribed this campaign (depending where Switzerland play us) Serbia, moldova and georgia were ideal trips last campaign to get on the ticket ladder and none of them necessarily required the 5 days you mentioned 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 222>
  Share Topic