You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 222>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

I know a few people and this will be their first away game. The FAI wouldn't  validate their account until after this game...right too. This should help people's chances if no newbies were allowed apply.
One of the lads who has been to a few aways but hasn't got his tickets off the FAI applied to the away portal in November or December and only got his password on the day the tickets opened so id say its a case of them being very slow instead of them not validating their accounts.
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

I know a few people and this will be their first away game. The FAI wouldn't  validate their account until after this game...right too. This should help people's chances if no newbies were allowed apply.
One of the lads who has been to a few aways but hasn't got his tickets off the FAI applied to the away portal in November or December and only got his password on the day the tickets opened so id say its a case of them being very slow instead of them not validating their accounts.
They all got validated today after the portal closed.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:25pm

Who knows. Presume he didn't bother applying for this then given he's no record with the fai?
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Who knows. Presume he didn't bother applying for this then given he's no record with the fai?
Think he applied for the sake of it since he has flights and all booked. Went to the game and Aarhus and loved it so booked this. God knows with the away portal anyway.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:37pm

Think he applied for the sake of it since he has flights and all booked. Went to the game and Aarhus and loved it so booked this. God knows with the away portal anyway.
Yeah I know a few lads like him. First game and your hooked same as the rest of us.
I'd be surprised if he got one from the FAI, I'd say the locals will probably try and sell some tickets the nights before.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:15am

I'd say the locals will probably try and sell some tickets the nights before.

yeah lets hope so , it would be nearly 50/50 then in terms of fans 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

900 tickets I’d imagine there wasn’t many more applications than that. Shouldn’t be difficult to sort. I’m optimistic that everyone hat has a decent record will be sorted

I don't know why but I think this is way off. Spain / Portugal / Gib in March for a few days on a weekend. I reckon there will be 1500/2000 go to this. 

540 going to SC and FD. It's not a whole pile really is it?

Just going back in time, I was pied for Denmark playoff and Scotland away. Yes both times FAI tried to make amends but still not confident I will be sorted straight off. 

Edited by kearney304 - 07 Feb 2019 at 9:12am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:12am
Not a chance of anywhere near 2k

Edited by Denis Irwin - 07 Feb 2019 at 9:12am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Not a chance of anywhere near 2k

Just an opinion and I don't think locals will sell either. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:14am
Not a chance of anywhere near 2k, 1k maybe but that'll be it, expensive trip really and short notice on venue will have put a few off. 
I know a few regulars that are skipping this trip and a few first time away travelers who dont have a chance of picking up a ticket. They'll increase numbers but won't have any effect on ticket allocation 

Edited by wanderer - 07 Feb 2019 at 9:16am
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:17am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

900 tickets I’d imagine there wasn’t many more applications than that. Shouldn’t be difficult to sort. I’m optimistic that everyone hat has a decent record will be sorted

I don't know why but I think this is way off. Spain / Portugal / Gib in March for a few days on a weekend. I reckon there will be 1500/2000 go to this. 

Just going back in time, I was pied for Denmark playoff and Scotland away. Yes both times FAI tried to make amends but still not confident I will be sorted straight off. 
There won't be anywhere near 2,000 travelling. Lack of tickets and sh*te opposition will be a major factor. Also, the interest in the national team is seriously low at the moment. Very few casual/bandwagoners will go to this.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:18am
Just noticed that abbey also haven't announced anything for this game yet
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:19am

Can't see anywhere near 2000 attending this. Even taking into account its the weekend etc the cost of flights etc will put people off and our travelling support isnt that big usually unless the bandwagon is still going e.g. game in vienna  or we playing near home like Cardiff 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:23am
Lads I genuinely hope you're right. I've had a few lads ask me about this. Lads that are over for the weekend anyways or on holiday / stag etc. Spain is popular all year round and people see this as an added bonus. If there are 900 tickets (with us getting around the 500 mark) and 900 travel then happy days. Whenever a game is tight for tickets I always worry.

Edited by kearney304 - 07 Feb 2019 at 9:23am
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:32am

Lads I genuinely hope you're right. I've had a few lads ask me about this. Lads that are over for the weekend anyways or on holiday / stag etc. Spain is popular all year round and people see this as an added bonus. If there are 900 tickets (with us getting around the 500 mark) and 900 travel then happy days. Whenever a game is tight for tickets I always worry.

Yeah bit them lads most likely have no record with two anyway so won't affect the likes of yourself getting a ticket in reality 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:57am

Absolutely no chance we will bring 1500-2000 to this. The allocation of 900 will be enough to sort everyone. 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:37am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Is that how many received or how many you think applied/ going?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 222>
  Share Topic