You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 222>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 12:17pm
Application for tickets closed 15 mins ago. I haven't heard anything yet - I might ring the ticket office.

Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Application for tickets closed 15 mins ago. I haven't heard anything yet - I might ring the ticket office.

Leave it a while, you might have trouble at the moment with the volumes ringing LOL
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Leave it a while, you might have trouble at the moment with the volumes ringing LOL
just take the phone off mute...LOL
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 1:59pm

Bit early for the panic they not closed until midnight Wink
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

They did originally say midnight in their email didn't they ?

Edited by wanderer - 06 Feb 2019 at 2:07pm
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:18pm

They did. Opened at midday closed at midnight
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

They did. Opened at midday closed at midnight
Hopefully nobody got caught out with it closing at mid-day today then
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:28pm
Friday 4.59pm rejection emails on the cards
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Is anyone getting into Malaga airport the Friday afternoon Interested in Taxi share to La Linea? 

Two of us landing at 18.55 if that suits. No direct buses at that hour far as I can make out... 

Avanzabus have a 19:45 bus direct from the airport in Malaga to Algeciras. Use avanzabus.com and search from "aeropuerto ma." to "algeciras". Tickets aren't on sale yet but should be €17.65.

That bus takes about two hours. Once you get to Algeciras, there is a local bus at 22:30 to La Linea. It costs €2.45 afaik. Their timetable is here:

http://www.ctmcg.com/images/lineas-2018/m120.pdf

That makes a per person total of about €20 each way, €40 return (assuming you can get one of the direct buses back from La Linea to Malaga airport - that really only works on Monday, not Sunday). Car hire is liable to be less if there are three or four of you, more if there are only one or two of you.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Is anyone getting into Malaga airport the Friday afternoon Interested in Taxi share to La Linea? 

Two of us landing at 18.55 if that suits. No direct buses at that hour far as I can make out... 

Avanzabus have a 19:45 bus direct from the airport in Malaga to Algeciras. Use avanzabus.com and search from "aeropuerto ma." to "algeciras". Tickets aren't on sale yet but should be €17.65.

That bus takes about two hours. Once you get to Algeciras, there is a local bus at 22:30 to La Linea. It costs €2.45 afaik. Their timetable is here:

That makes a per person total of about €20 each way, €40 return (assuming you can get one of the direct buses back from La Linea to Malaga airport - that really only works on Monday, not Sunday). Car hire is liable to be less if there are three or four of you, more if there are only one or two of you.

Think I've found your English cousin Dave Wink 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Thanks Eoin, I'd been searching for direct buses and couldn't find an option.

Gang of us travelling to Malaga on the Sunday fora night so that should be fine. 

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:08pm
Hah, I've definitely watched some of his videos in the past.
DEE101 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:18pm
apologies if I’m not posting this properly I just hit the post reply button ?? . Anyway I just joined up (instead of lurking quietly for info) to see if anyone is passing through or leaving from Marbella early on match day?? 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:22pm
I know a few people and this will be their first away game. The FAI wouldn't  validate their account until after this game...right too. This should help people's chances if no newbies were allowed apply.

Edited by corkery - 06 Feb 2019 at 5:23pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

I know a few people and this will be their first away game. The FAI wouldn't  validate their account until after this game...right too. This should help people's chances if no newbies were allowed apply.
Rightly so, anyone with no account and record probably wouldn't have got one anyway. They could get them through the football family but at least that allocation has been cut.

I'd say there's a good few who's first away game it is. Everything booked and thought tickets would be no bother.

Hopefully we aren't left waiting ages to hear if we're successful or not 

Edited by wanderer - 06 Feb 2019 at 5:33pm
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 7:28pm
900 tickets I’d imagine there wasn’t many more applications than that. Shouldn’t be difficult to sort. I’m optimistic that everyone hat has a decent record will be sorted
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:01pm

Thanks for that Bud but arriving about 2pm !
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:02pm
Anybody flying out of Malaga on an early flight about 7am home on the sunday Morning ?
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 222>
  Share Topic