You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 222>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

What an utter joke. 2 months until an away game, no venue, no clarity. With such a shirt time frame they'll probably botch the ticket application too

this is not of the FAI's making , take it up with Uefa

I have an issue with the FAI's silence on this matter - Independent fans deserve to be kept updated also.

Why do you think I made the post

Why do you think I posted it here
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:14pm

What an utter joke. 2 months until an away game, no venue, no clarity. With such a shirt time frame they'll probably botch the ticket application too

I have an issue with the FAI's silence on this matter - Independent fans deserve to be kept updated also.

There's nothing to tell that isn't up here. Gibraltar want it in Gibraltar. UEFA want it moved but have made a rod for their own back by breaching their own regulations and letting them host Nations League games there. The FAI have no influence on the decision, UEFA are riding roughshod over their own deadlines. Whether they're giving Gibraltar time to improve their facilities God only knows but they need to get their fingers out and make a decision. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:15pm

Why do you think I made the post

Why do you think I posted it here

Oh, I know - Fair play for posting. But there are independent fans who does post on here or maybe who don't post on any forum and therefore might have no idea.

When similar situations occur, for example, with Liverpool away games in Europe where there might be an issue over security or tickets or something then an update is put on the website, tweeted out etc so it's clear for everyone. Would not take much effort from the FAI to do the same here. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Apologies lads it’s tomorrow UEFA are due to make an announcement on where Gibraltar will play their home games. Crisc were told st their meeting in Dublin last week and it’s in today’s star as well. the Swiss are being blamed for the delay.

Bloody Swiss. Thinking they're so big with their fancy watches and Cuckoo clocks

Only thing I like about them is their chocolate, their flag is a big plus too
Dont give up the day job

Lass was dying to get that one liner out LOL

Have to say I got a chuckle out of it.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:22pm

Oh, I know - Fair play for posting. But there are independent fans who does post on here or maybe who don't post on any forum and therefore might have no idea.

When similar situations occur, for example, with Liverpool away games in Europe where there might be an issue over security or tickets or something then an update is put on the website, tweeted out etc so it's clear for everyone. Would not take much effort from the FAI to do the same here. 

it was news to them to be fair , they were expecting a decision themselves, they have to organise their trip as well

Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:26pm

it was news to them to be fair , they were expecting a decision themselves, they have to organise their trip as well

I get that - But there hasn't been one official update on the website at all on this fixture since the draw. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 11:21pm

I get that - But there hasn't been one official update on the website at all on this fixture since the draw. 

YBIG - 24 hrs rolling news Smile
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 11:24pm

Exactly, typical FAI, Chinese whispers.

It shouldn’t be up to heads of Supporters clubs, a fella that met Delaney in a post office or Paul Lennon to keep fans up to date.

They’ve probably gone quiet in he hope that it’s not moved as the sell outs of 88 will be up in arms they were given the wrong info after cherishing Delaney for decades.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:19am

What an utter joke. 2 months until an away game, no venue, no clarity. With such a short time frame they'll probably botch the ticket application too
How is this situation anyhing to do with FAI. The ticketing situation he improved a hell of a lot since Cria took over the ticket office and I have no doubt ticketing will continue to improve.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

What an utter joke. 2 months until an away game, no venue, no clarity. With such a short time frame they'll probably botch the ticket application too
How is this situation anyhing to do with FAI. The ticketing situation he improved a hell of a lot since Cria took over the ticket office and I have no doubt ticketing will continue to improve.

A transparent ticket system that is fair to all ?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:25am

If you read my follow on posts above i clearly said after the first part is aimed at UEFA and not the FAI, they have no control over venue etc, yes the ticketing situation has improved a hell of alot and it still has a long way to you mind you, it's more a case of the longer this uncertainty from uefa goes on the more it puts Cria and team under pressure with the short time frame, albeit i phrased it wrongly. 

Edited by wanderer - 16 Jan 2019 at 9:26am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:30am
Hearing a mad rumour that not only will this match not take place in Gibraltar it won't even take place in Faro but Tangier Morocco

And the delay is being caused by UEFA having a vote on whether to allow the match to take place  outside of UEFA territory.

Gibraltar would prefer the match to take place in Gibraltar but if it can't they want it to take place as close to home as they can, with Tangier being closer then Faro

Edited by lassassinblanc - 16 Jan 2019 at 9:32am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:31am

Hearing a mad rumour that not only will this match not take place in Gibraltar it won't even take place in Faro but Tangier Morocco

And the delay is being caused by UEFA having a vote on whether to allow the match to take outside of UEFA territory.

LOL

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:45am

working on in Borussia Smile
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:47am

working on in Borussia Smile
If you have a bit of spare time, you might throw together the outline of an ould system that could be used !!! LOL
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:50am

And the delay is being caused by UEFA having a vote on whether to allow the match to take place  outside of UEFA territory.

Gibraltar would prefer the match to take place in Gibraltar but if it can't they want it to take place as close to home as they can, with Tangier being closer then Faro
LOLLOL
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:53am
So no white smoke expected on the venue announcement today, rather next Tuesday am I correct?
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:54am
Should just play it in Tbilisi. Don't feel I have made enough visits to the place down the years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 222>
  Share Topic