You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 222>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Well just seeing now it is confirmed for the rock so let the panic commence 
LOL , the allocation is really poor and even though i am a long standing ST holder and have not missed a home or away in a long time I really do think I will miss out this time but will still travel to Gibraltar from Villamoura on the morning of the game in hope of a miracle, can’t really be putting the blame for this ticket fiasco at the door of the FAI they will do their upmost to eek out as many tickets as they can for this, and just as an aside going back to the Andorra game we got plenty in but the fact was then that they had very few of their own fans interested at the time whereas Gibraltar will take their full allocation, anyway roll on the fun

Fancy picking a couple up in Faro? LOL
They've only gone and done it
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:05pm
A few cans so on Winston Churchill Ave.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:02pm
Well just seeing now it is confirmed for the rock so let the panic commence 
LOL , the allocation is really poor and even though i am a long standing ST holder and have not missed a home or away in a long time I really do think I will miss out this time but will still travel to Gibraltar from Villamoura on the morning of the game in hope of a miracle, can’t really be putting the blame for this ticket fiasco at the door of the FAI they will do their upmost to eek out as many tickets as they can for this, and just as an aside going back to the Andorra game we got plenty in but the fact was then that they had very few of their own fans interested at the time whereas Gibraltar will take their full allocation, anyway roll on the fun
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:01pm
Sure a few a Welsh fans suggested we move our home game in March to Croke Park ffs LOL this is the exact same it doesn't benefit anyone bar our travelling support. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Hypothetical question:  Ireland are due to host Germany in a vital World Cup qualifier in Dublin, but the DFB arrogantly say the Aviva Stadium isn't big enough to accommodate their travelling away support and want the game moved to Wembley.  You'd be fine with that?  The fact that the FAI could potentially making more money compensate your inconvenience?

No need for hypothetical questions, the criteria for stadia is very clear in the rules and Gibraltar atm does not meet the recommendation, but having said that Andorra can be used as a guide as to how some can clearly get away with flaunting the rule
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Here again is where a lack of a propper ticket structure in place causes mayhem, realistically if it it was one system for all applicants it would easy for the fai to come out and say everyone with 9/10 aways can apply and then it goes to a ballot. 

Obviously it will be a nightmare.

However the actual number of people who have been to the last ten away games and have a season ticket  is probably just about in double figures in fact maybe not.  It would rise considerably if it was restricted to the last ten competitive games.  Even still it wouldn't be that high particularly if you exclude the euros.  

This unfortunately seems certain to be one where many genuine fans will miss out.   

aways I think (please correct any mistake)

Denmark Aarhus
Poland Wroclaw
Wales Cardiff
France Paris
Turkey Antalya
Denmark Copenhagen
Wales Cardiff
Georgia Tbilisi
Mexico New Jersey
Austria Vienna

or competitive

Denmark Aarhus
Wales Cardiff
Denmark Copenhagen
Wales Cardiff
Georgia Tbilisi
Austria Vienna
Moldova Chisinau
Serbia Belgrade
include/exclude games in Euro2016????
Bosnia Zenica
Poland Warsaw

again we can all have different points of view and I can see many different systems.  However why ballot 9/10 and just do 10/10 or just ballot 8/10.  Do you include friendlies?
Pretty sure only competitive games count when they set the criteria. You'd also hope that with such a small number of tickets that this game wouldn't be taken into account like Scotland going forward

I think you are right.  Agree it probably won't be taken into account.

Oversubscribed games shouldn’t count 
Friendlies should 

It’s all in the scheme Big smileBig smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 8:22pm
Away records meant nothing when it came to Scotland, I'd hold out even less hope for this match. 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Booked for this now flying to Gibraltar on the Friday and home Sunday. Will worry about tickets later have been to the vast majority of the last 10 but don't expect to get 1 so looking at other ways if getting 1
At last , sorry RB not sure what the problem was with my log on as it would not let me write anything but i could post a a quote .
Confused

Anyway back again . 
 Question to those out there who are going no matter what . Would you be happy to see the game half way up the hill or on top of the car park and would you consider that as you were at the game ? 
Very honest really i would say i was there it it came to it . I had my spot picked out in Andorra if i didn't get a ticket but that's another story .

Yeah would probably consider it as been at the game if go to the effort of finding a spot that I can see the game from. Will worry about that when the time comes 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 8:03pm
Fuengirola be the spot
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Here again is where a lack of a propper ticket structure in place causes mayhem, realistically if it it was one system for all applicants it would easy for the fai to come out and say everyone with 9/10 aways can apply and then it goes to a ballot. 

Obviously it will be a nightmare.

However the actual number of people who have been to the last ten away games and have a season ticket  is probably just about in double figures in fact maybe not.  It would rise considerably if it was restricted to the last ten competitive games.  Even still it wouldn't be that high particularly if you exclude the euros.  

This unfortunately seems certain to be one where many genuine fans will miss out.   

aways I think (please correct any mistake)

Denmark Aarhus
Poland Wroclaw
Wales Cardiff
France Paris
Turkey Antalya
Denmark Copenhagen
Wales Cardiff
Georgia Tbilisi
Mexico New Jersey
Austria Vienna

or competitive

Denmark Aarhus
Wales Cardiff
Denmark Copenhagen
Wales Cardiff
Georgia Tbilisi
Austria Vienna
Moldova Chisinau
Serbia Belgrade
include/exclude games in Euro2016????
Bosnia Zenica
Poland Warsaw

again we can all have different points of view and I can see many different systems.  However why ballot 9/10 and just do 10/10 or just ballot 8/10.  Do you include friendlies?
Pretty sure only competitive games count when they set the criteria. You'd also hope that with such a small number of tickets that this game wouldn't be taken into account like Scotland going forward

I think you are right.  Agree it probably won't be taken into account.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:56pm

Booked for this now flying to Gibraltar on the Friday and home Sunday. Will worry about tickets later have been to the vast majority of the last 10 but don't expect to get 1 so looking at other ways if getting 1
At last , sorry RB not sure what the problem was with my log on as it would not let me write anything but i could post a a quote .
Confused

Anyway back again . 
 Question to those out there who are going no matter what . Would you be happy to see the game half way up the hill or on top of the car park and would you consider that as you were at the game ? 
Very honest really i would say i was there it it came to it . I had my spot picked out in Andorra if i didn't get a ticket but that's another story .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:53pm
Seville is just over 2hr 13 mins to Gibraltar.
Malaga is just 1hr 46 mins

According to Google maps.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It's a bit far from Gib is all. Malaga is about 2h15m by bus, Marbella closer, while Sevilla is about 4h by bus.
It says Seville is 2h15 drive anyway so would say 3 hours would do. We might be able to hire a mini-bus as theres a good few of us doing the same route.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:49pm

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:41pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:32pm
It's a bit far from Gib is all. Malaga is about 2h15m by bus, Marbella closer, while Sevilla is about 4h by bus.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:30pm
Seville be a decent place to set up base in? Seems nicer than Marbella anyway.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:15pm
I've had a laugh when I was there, don't get me wrong, it just wouldn't really be for me. 
Malaga, on the other hand, is a lovely city. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 04 Dec 2018 at 7:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 222>
  Share Topic