You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 222>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dogrady26 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogrady26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:18pm
Surely most will base themselves in Fuengirola or Marbella?
Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:07pm
booked Malaga flights...take it most will stay in Marbella and travel down and back???malaga,torrmalinous,benimadena etc ar further away so a nightmare to get back after the game....but could be better spots to stay in,cheaper hotels,booze and women????
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by orourkeda orourkeda wrote:

I booked lisbon. 

Sweet suffering mother c*nt

Depending on your flight time, just book a train down to Faro and get a hire car there.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Take it there is no problem with a hire car from Portugal going to Gibraltar, or is there

I would assume not. I ended up on the phone with Autoeurope and they are fed up with it.  Just being awkward due to bad relations.  One company even allows you to take it into some dodgy countries (albeit a long way from Spain) and not Gibraltar.   

I'm staying in Gibraltar and have a hotel with free parking so was hoping to bring it in rather than leave the car across the border.  Anyway I can now but have paid 72 euro rather than 40.    
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:29pm

I booked lisbon. 

Same ffs LOL
They've only gone and done it
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:28pm

I booked lisbon. 

panicking at it's finest...LOL
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:24pm
I booked lisbon. 

https://www.orourkeda.blog

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Still can't bring myself to book any flights until I see some sort of official confirmation.

Doubting Thomas Smile

I just have a long memory and remember plenty of people having to book trains from Rome to Bari !
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:46pm
Take it there is no problem with a hire car from Portugal going to Gibraltar, or is there
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

And it gets worse.  Most companies will not allow you take a rental car from Spain into Gibraltar.

Avis do.  I believe the following also allow it,  Sixt Europcar, Enterprise, Recordgo (9 euro a day extra), Keddy.   I'm booked with Avis now but could have got a deal for less than half the price.  there is normally hige competition in the Costa del Sol the rental car market.  I've taken a car in there a couple of times before without a problem.  the last time was over a decade ago so I think it might be a new restriction.  

Public transport isn't great either and will only drop you near the border.  

The easiest place to park is in Spain. It is a ten minute walk from the border to ground, at most.

Edited by pre Madonna - 04 Dec 2018 at 9:41pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Still can't bring myself to book any flights until I see some sort of official confirmation.

Doubting Thomas Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:37pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:29pm
FAI should give all supporters clubs 4 tickets each and rest to the independents. Abbey can stay in Marbella and the football family have got thousands of free tickets for the last few home games so forget them for this.

Either way, this stadium is perfect for a Delaney protest inside and out Clap
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

And it gets worse.  Most companies will not allow you take a rental car from Spain into Gibraltar.

Avis do.  I believe the following also allow it,  Sixt Europcar, Enterprise, Recordgo (9 euro a day extra), Keddy.   I'm booked with Avis now but could have got a deal for less than half the price.  there is normally hige competition in the Costa del Sol the rental car market.  I've taken a car in there a couple of times before without a problem.  the last time was over a decade ago so I think it might be a new restriction.  

We took a rental there last year, no problem. You can always park across the road in Spain too.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
unattendedbag View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unattendedbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:25pm
Disappointing. 2300 is piss poor. Most GAA club grounds can hold more than that. 
Since it's over 3 months away they'd have enough time to throw up a few of those big temporary grandstands that you see at the golf tournaments. Probably treble the capacity of the stadium. Plenty of space behind the goals by the looks of it. 

brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It's a bit far from Gib is all. Malaga is about 2h15m by bus, Marbella closer, while Sevilla is about 4h by bus.
Seville is a great spot I think it would be a great spot for a base
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:22pm

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Well just seeing now it is confirmed for the rock so let the panic commence 
LOL , the allocation is really poor and even though i am a long standing ST holder and have not missed a home or away in a long time I really do think I will miss out this time but will still travel to Gibraltar from Villamoura on the morning of the game in hope of a miracle, can’t really be putting the blame for this ticket fiasco at the door of the FAI they will do their upmost to eek out as many tickets as they can for this, and just as an aside going back to the Andorra game we got plenty in but the fact was then that they had very few of their own fans interested at the time whereas Gibraltar will take their full allocation, anyway roll on the fun

Fancy picking a couple up in Faro? LOL
6 of us hitchhiking so 2 more won’t hurt LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 222>
  Share Topic