Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 62>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:29am
The problem with players like Crowley and Byrne (I Havnt seen much of Crowley) is they are great when we have the ball but not so great when we don't probably the opposite could be said of Browne. Now our possession stats are not great even if they have slightly improved under Mccarthy so I know the argument could exist that if we played Byrne or Crowley that our possession stats may improve even more bit I'm not too sure. 

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 26 Aug 2019 at 12:30am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 8:47am
I honestly believe some posters wait on tenderhooks for our players to be dropped. All indications are that Crowley has started well for Birmingham, however when the manager alternates to a defensive formation he doesn't start him. Surely the focus should be on the fact that he's been winning great reviews when he plays rather than the fact he's left out when Birmingham go out with a game plan to only have 20-30% possession, as was the case yesterday.
We're decent enough..
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 9:35am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I honestly believe some posters wait on tenderhooks for our players to be dropped. All indications are that Crowley has started well for Birmingham, however when the manager alternates to a defensive formation he doesn't start him. Surely the focus should be on the fact that he's been winning great reviews when he plays rather than the fact he's left out when Birmingham go out with a game plan to only have 20-30% possession, as was the case yesterday.

PM where are ya kid?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 10:17am
In bed! It’s a Bank Holiday!
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:10am
Good thing is Crowley is only 22 and has quite a lot of senior first team experience already in his short career. 

Like Jack Byrne, he could definitely help change the way we play as we are not used to having 'ballers' in the team. 

Anyone thing both him and Byrne could play together? 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Good thing is Crowley is only 22 and has quite a lot of senior first team experience already in his short career. 

Like Jack Byrne, he could definitely help change the way we play as we are not used to having 'ballers' in the team. 

Anyone thing both him and Byrne could play together? 

No. You can get away with 2 "ballers" in a team assuming everyone else is top notch (Man city, etc) Ireland are long way off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there any midfielder in the current Ireland squad (besides Byrne) who can consistently "pick a pass". Consisting of both the short pass that completely opens up play in midfield and the defence splitting through ball pass?

Judge has the ability. I wouldn't say he has the technical ability to control tempo and execute the necessary shorter passes. Has a cracking eye for a long pass though. 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

PM where are ya kid?

LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:32pm
The only player with a football brain πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

By the way, I have seen a lot of Crowley and my number 1 reason for wanting  him onboard is he possesses ability and a football brain that I don't think anyone else in the  current squad has. Should he be in the starting 11? Maybe. Should he be considered an option? Absolutely. 

Is he eligible? Possibly...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Byrne and Crowley in a different league football wise to any of the rest of our midfielders. 
Byrne certainly is, Crowley is in the same league as most of them.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

PM where are ya kid?

LOL
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Byrne and Crowley in a different league football wise to any of the rest of our midfielders. 
Well Crowley is literally in the same league as most of our midfielders, the championship. But Jack Byrne plays in the LOI. 
And for what it’s worth, JB has less goals & assists this season than Danny Mandriou who’s also 3yrs younger Big smile But don’t let any of this get in the way of your flavour of the month nonsense   
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 2:41pm
Woth a surname like that, Mandriou must qualify for someone else, so I’m surprised he hasn’t got more mentions on here.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 2:44pm
He's got Romanian citizenship.
Not sure if he has been approached by them.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's got Romanian citizenship.
Not sure if he has been approached by them.
Crowley or Mandriou?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 2:49pm
Mandriou
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 2:55pm
I would start the three of them against the Swiss, even if Crowley isn’t eligible. That would show FIFA!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Woth a surname like that, Mandriou must qualify for someone else, so I’m surprised he hasn’t got more mentions on here.
Romanian father, Irish mother. He’s from Ballymun and has played for our 19s & 21s
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 62>
  Share Topic