Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=47909
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:26am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dan Crowley
Posted By: RogerMilla
Subject: Dan Crowley
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 4:36pm
Discussions on this lad in here thanks , think we have probably lost him though ?

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Replies:
Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 4:38pm
Would agree - Looks like he has the talent to go all the way to the top and given he is with England now, I'd be very, very surprised if he changed again.

Posted By: daffyp
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 4:38pm
He looks some player, but as milla said he looks to be happy in the England set up

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 4:39pm
Watched that video this morning, qualifies for Ireland, England and Austrailia, but has only played for ourselves and England underage. He was last in an irish squad in April 12 as far as I can workout. Looks a serious player, I'm sure the FAI are working hard to secure his services

Ta Milla

Posted By: ontheball
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 4:52pm
We have to get this kid. He is totally phenomenal. Just go to the youtube clip Dan Crowley arsenal v Peterborough.

Posted By: keith3307
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 4:58pm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2509268/Roy-Hodgson-meets-Dan-Crowley-Who-England-youngster.html

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 5:11pm
We have to give it a go - didn't Roy speak previously about camping outside Stephen Ireland's house? Well I think it's time Roy got his sleeping bag.
In all seriousness, one of the benefits of having Keane is the respect he harbours in the game (in terms of his playing ability not as a person). Martin and Roy should go a and meet him and his parents, bring them to Dublin as guests. Do you lads not think the FA did the same with the Keane brothers ? It's a competitive area and we need to be robust and pull out the stops, if the lad still wants to play for England after that then good luck to him.

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:02pm
Apparently his family have very strong connections with ireland and he used to play gaa when he was younger so maybe not all hope is lost. Could be another case of where aston villa or arsenal got involved and convinced him to play for england as it benefits them more.

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:07pm
looks like a really great prospect. There is no doubt MON and Roy will take a look at him and show him other options

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:29pm
Fairly sure I remember Jack's brother on here saying that he was surprised Crowley declared for England given his connections. Anyway looks like he is gone. Seems to get along well with Wilshere which wont help our cause anyway. Got stretchered off yesterday as I mentioned on the other thread and don't know how long he will be out for.

Posted By: Dunne23
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 8:05pm
Imagine himself, Grealish and Brady behind a frontman! One can dream

Posted By: musicinmouth
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 10:50pm
Think this is his Twitter account? 

https://twitter.com/dannycrowley97

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 10:56pm
looks quality, a bit premature though. we all remember watching those conor clifford videos.

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: Dunne23
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

looks quality, a bit premature though. we all remember watching those conor clifford videos.

True

Posted By: Trapcandoit
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 1:45am
Nah. Don't see any point in chasing after the lad- not at this stage. Not saying I don't want him either, but let him make his own mind up either way.
There's plenty of stuff happening at grassroots around here in this country- at least a lot more than before and a lot to get excited about too believe me. Plus I'm happy enough with young Jack Grealish anyway.

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 2:37am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Nail on head

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: keith3307
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Nah. Don't see any point in chasing after the lad- not at this stage. Not saying I don't want him either, but let him make his own mind up either way.
There's plenty of stuff happening at grassroots around here in this country- at least a lot more than before and a lot to get excited about too believe me. Plus I'm happy enough with young Jack Grealish anyway.
Couldn't agree more, The lad knows hes good enough and wanted by our youth teams but wants to play for England at least in this point of time. We have plenty of our own talented young lads to look out for like Mc evoy, Byrne, Grealish, O Hanlon, Cleary, Baba and Hoban just to name a few.

Posted By: rainpaulo
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 6:21pm
^^^^^Damn right...leave him off with his 3 lions on the shirt...he has jumped ship now from us to them...case closed.

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 6:59pm
Didnt make the engalnd u17 squad for the euro finals. Maybe he wasnt as good as was taught or would now be a good opportunity to try and get him back into the irish set up.

-------------

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 7:13pm
Would love to have him! Hopefully the ship has not sailed! 

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Didnt make the engalnd u17 squad for the euro finals. Maybe he wasnt as good as was taught or would now be a good opportunity to try and get him back into the irish set up.

No. Good luck to the lad (I probably don't mean that)

-------------
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 7:58pm
He is only just back from injury and has only just been put on the bench for the Arsenal under 18's last couple of games because of that. Maybe that is the reason for not being in the squad? He is definitely good enough to be in it anyway. Haven't seen him play apart from the highlights of a few of the Arsenal under age games that go up on the Arsenal player but since he has went to Arsenal has been the stand out player whether that is playing for the under 18's or 21's according to pretty much every match report. 

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 8:20pm

Looks a very good talent no doubt, but I'd like to see clarity on these types of players at his age to see whether they want to play for us or not.

We shouldn't have to play second fiddle to any player.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 8:20pm
Does anyone know if MON / RK have spoken with him at least? Hopefully someone can ask them at an upcoming press conference.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 11:48pm
http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/football/arsenal/arsenal_starlet_dan_crowley_faces_a_decision_between_england_and_ireland_1_3708120" rel="nofollow - http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/football/arsenal/arsenal_starlet_dan_crowley_faces_a_decision_between_england_and_ireland_1_3708120

“My grandparents are Irish. I played for Ireland and when I was Under-16 I went for trials with England and got in. I’m still young and I’d never rule anything out because you just don’t know what’s round the corner.”

-------------

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 12:28am
Sounds like he wants england but if it doesn't work out he'll play for irelsnd

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 5:53am
In others words in the next few years if England don't come a knockin I will decide use the Irish card.

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 7:12am
We should do what we can to get him on board! We need our best team available in the future. 

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: 085immersive
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 5:06pm
True, invite him on board again, make him feel special, a central player. I know lots of people will disagree and I won't argue with you but sometimes there are special players that you need to put that bit of extra effort in to get them to play with us rather than England, despite it being just potential. We are not exactly blessed with exceptional talent at the minute and its all part and parcel of the game today. I'm not bothered that he hasn't made his mind up. If he is that good than he has the luxury of the choice and we should be making that choice easier for him. He obviously has affinity for both countries, nothing unusual about that. Who knows maybe he is just saying this to get England scared and get himself promoted to their u21's but nothing ventured nothing gained. Its not worth doing nothing over.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 11:19pm
Played GAA in England apparently

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Played GAA in England apparently

Roger Casement's of Coventry

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 11:45pm
I honestly couldn't give a rats *ss whether he considers himself English, Irish or Chinese, if this kid turns out to be a world class player I'd want him to be in our team. It's all well and good having a team of Paul McShanes who are "proud to be wearing the jersey" etc. etc. but you'll never get anywhere with them. I think we often afford to much importance to patriotism and flag-waving, I'd rather have a team of excellent players who aren't uber-patriotic but  are capable of achieving something than hard triers who invariably come up short. Pragmatism wins things, not misplaced pride and egotism.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I honestly couldn't give a rats *ss whether he considers himself English, Irish or Chinese, if this kid turns out to be a world class player I'd want him to be in our team. It's all well and good having a team of Paul McShanes who are "proud to be wearing the jersey" etc. etc. but you'll never get anywhere with them. I think we often afford to much importance to patriotism and flag-waving, I'd rather have a team of excellent players who aren't uber-patriotic but  are capable of achieving something than hard triers who invariably come up short. Pragmatism wins things, not misplaced pride and egotism.

Well said. I agree with that 100%.

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 12:40am
The national team program of Ireland needs to be more agressive check how it works with other teams when they are looking for some youngster.  Italy almost got Icardi from Argentina, and Messi could have been playing for Spain due to recidency a fewyears back, an offer came when he was 16. 

Eire is losing some genuine youngsters under the english situation,  Gerrard and Rooney could have played for Eire.  Gerrard's cousin appears as irish in wikipedia.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 8:25am
I have no issue with what Crowley is doing. If he feels both English and Irish so be it. I just hope we can convince him that Ireland is the better option.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: turbo10
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 10:32pm
I know it can hard to judge definitively based on you tube clips, but he looks quality and definitely worth pursuing all the way. We need all the quality we can get. The fact that he has played gaa shows he must have a reasonable amount of affinity for the old sod.

Posted By: PaulMcGrath5
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 10:09pm
Minds at ease over this one lads......Wink

http://balls.ie/football/dan-crowleys-youth-gaa-coach-thinks-hell-play-for-ireland/" rel="nofollow - Dan Crowley's Youth GAA Coach Thinks He'll Play For ireland Balls.ie

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 11:41pm
Judging by Flannery's  tweet to him the other day he must of been in his ear about it when he was with the youth teams LOL.

Wilshere seems to have taken him under his wing though which would worry me about him switching back to Ireland. 

Posted By: trapscat
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 9:13am
Originally posted by PaulMcGrath5 PaulMcGrath5 wrote:

Minds at ease over this one lads......Wink

http://balls.ie/football/dan-crowleys-youth-gaa-coach-thinks-hell-play-for-ireland/" rel="nofollow - Dan Crowley's Youth GAA Coach Thinks He'll Play For ireland Balls.ie

Good read hopefully his gaa coach is right

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 11:48am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfIO9C1mAU4" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfIO9C1mAU4

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:30am
Positive talks with Crowley according to this tweet from a journalist in London.

https://twitter.com/RobBrennan82/status/502778624924483584

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 10:48am
Cant find above link..whats the general vibe?

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 10:49am
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Cant open above link..whats the general vibe?

https://twitter.com/JackGrealish1" rel="nofollow - - JackGrealish1 included in the Ireland U21 squad. FAI have also held positive talks with his former https://twitter.com/hashtag/AVFC?src=hash" rel="nofollow - - AVFC teammate Daniel Crowley of Arsenal

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 10:53am
Not much to go on..but good,I suppose.

Posted By: GreenDodger93
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 1:50pm
Encouraging news that!

Posted By: 085immersive
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 2:06pm
Would love to see Crowley and Grealish together in the same team. Its quite possible that if one comes on board that the other will follow. Best these things don't surface from papers etc and are kept quite though. Delaney could then harp on about the glorious underage system and the fruit it bears!!!

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by 085immersive 085immersive wrote:

Would love to see Crowley and Grealish together in the same team. Its quite possible that if one comes on board that the other will follow. Best these things don't surface from papers etc and are kept quite though. Delaney could then harp on about the glorious underage system and the fruit it bears!!!

Exactly, between those two, McCarthy, McGeady, Wilson, Gibson, it will definitely be a ringing endorsement.

Posted By: eamonn88
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:31pm
I went to school with his mam, Martin and Roy should be knocking on his door great prospect

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 8:15pm
Apparently running the show for the Arsenal 21's at the moment. Impressive considering the team includes players with first team experience like Diaby, Bellerin, Coquelin and Campbell. Scored a free kick as well.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 8:41pm
great   ,  !    You see the future is coming just need to grab it with both hands, professionalism and passion,  Eire is not England's shame

Posted By: IlikeToffees
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 11:06pm
Had a look through his Twitter,he retweets alot of Celtic stuff and was in Tramore recently,Derrick Williams told him Ireland were better than England too I also like the way he didn't mention England once during the World Cup,I'd say we have a good chance of getting him back and as others said I think if one of him and Grealish commit,the other could too.

Posted By: sledgehammer
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 11:31pm
Crowley and Grealish seem very good mates. I'd imagine we ll get them both or nothing. Another line in the Daily mail has an article saying Noble has thrown his lot in with us

-------------
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by sledgehammer sledgehammer wrote:

Crowley and Grealish seem very good mates. I'd imagine we ll get them both or nothing. Another line in the Daily mail has an article saying Noble has thrown his lot in with us

Link please.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 11:34pm
http://dailym.ai/1liXqCZ

Remember it is the Daily Mail before anyone gets too excited

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 11:37pm
That link doesn't work....saw an interview with noble only recently and he said he would never give up on an England call.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 11:39pm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2737152/Mark-Noble-ready-play-Ireland-West-Ham-midfielder-gives-England-call-up.html#ixzz3BjBsiye5

Try this. On a phone so can't do it properly

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 11:41pm
He is a good player alright...I wouldn't have him ahead of Gibson and McCarthy.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 11:44pm

It maybe the Daily Mail, but I'd well believe it. He's been omitted from another England squad, crucially this being the start of a campaign. Also uncapped Colback gets call up. He must know it's curtains.

I'd say his plan all along was to wait for this specific squad announcement before committing.

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 12:04am
Mark Noble is on goals on sunday on sky sunday morning so that should tell the story

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 12:16am

Remember it is Mark Noble before anyone gets too excited

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 12:21am
Hope it's true. He's a quality player.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 12:22am
Agreed Clonbhoy. On a par with Whelan as an average hard working premier league player. Would not like to see him halting Hendricks progress in Green either

-------------

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 12:26am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

quality? we have loads of quality players so. Whatever about young lads like Grealish and Crowley struggling to tie themselves to one country, this lad is 27. Another Jamie O'Hara. Best of luck to him, an honest enough midfield player who never fulfilled his potential, just keep dreaming for the ise old owl to give you a hoot

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

quality? we have loads of quality players so. Whatever about young lads like Grealish and Crowley struggling to tie themselves to one country, this lad is 27. Another Jamie O'Hara. Best of luck to him, an honest enough midfield player who never fulfilled his potential, just keep dreaming for the ise old owl to give you a hoot

Another Jamie O' Hara? Not really. O'Hara's just been released by a Championship side. Noble's a key player for an established Premier League team. If he can strengthen our hand and help us qualify for for a second European Championships in a row, I'm all for it.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 1:17am

Agreed Clonbhoy. On a par with Whelan as an average hard working premier league player. Would not like to see him halting Hendricks progress in Green either
This

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 1:20am
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

This

Or Green's progress in green, presumably.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 1:29am
the more the merrier ,  players in and out as many good as possible plus the wonder kids crowley and grealish,   but dont forget the magic in eunan o'kane as well and the new winger from sunderland

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 1:37am
What if some of them got injured as happened with the good Gibson for 8 months or so?    Now the english squad is a farce,  worst in many many years , you put rooney and milner  aside and it is a shameful squad , i believe about Noble, and Andy Carroll too if he was avail

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 8:24am
I would say that curreny English squad is not much better than Irelands.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 8:29am
Originally posted by IlikeToffees IlikeToffees wrote:

Their SQUAD is light years ahead of ours

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 1:41am
Originally posted by IlikeToffees IlikeToffees wrote:

They've a way better squad than ours mate let's be honest here!

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 6:19pm
Ah I'm being abit too optomistic,but by their standards that is a throughly appaling squad. 

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 6:26pm
By their standards,yeah....still better than ours

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 6:38pm
On paper,but on the pitch I reckon we'd give a good account of ourselves.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 4:00pm
Has been left out of all of englands underage squads u18, u19 and u21.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 5:04pm

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 5:53pm

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 10:48pm
Excellent!

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 11:01pm

Does that actually mean anything? I mean that seriously. Could be left out for quite innocent reasons we don't know.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Does that actually mean anything? I mean that seriously. Could be left out for quite innocent reasons we don't know.

Maybe but he isnt injured at the moment so unless it is arsenal who are refusing to let him leave but i dont think that that is the case as there are other arsenal players in the squads. On the england forums they think it is the fa giving him space to let him decide if he wants to play for england or ireland and dont want to make him feel uncomfortable by putting to much pressure on him. They also think that he is considering ireland and the fa dont want to call him up only for him to reject it.  

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 11:24pm
Interesting.

Posted By: trapscat
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 10:05am

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Maybe but he isnt injured at the moment so unless it is arsenal who are refusing to let him leave but i dont think that that is the case as there are other arsenal players in the squads. On the england forums they think it is the fa giving him space to let him decide if he wants to play for england or ireland and dont want to make him feel uncomfortable by putting to much pressure on him. They also think that he is considering ireland and the fa dont want to call him up only for him to reject it.  

weather he is good enough or not, if one young player like Dan (who looks good enough) joined us it could hopefully swing the tide back this way.  

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 6:45pm
Playing for Arsenal U21 vs Villa U21 on skysports 2 at 7 o'clock. Stevens and Drennan also playing for Villa.

Posted By: Barna Bee
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 6:48pm
And Jack Grealish too I believe

-------------
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

And Jack Grealish too I believe
Villa's twitter feed doesn't include him in the squad.

Posted By: Barna Bee
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 6:58pm
My mistake

-------------
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 7:12pm
 Having a quiet game so far.

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 7:49pm
Mixed bag for him in the first half... Pity he is not playing in his more favored central role. Not willing nor quick enough to run past the villa full backs on the counter attack.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 8:49pm
 Wonder what the story with Stefan O Conner is? Looks a good player- strong.

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 8:50pm
Only saw the first half. Crowley was fairly quite. Enda Stevens played well enough hopefully he can get a move to a championship side

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 8:57pm
 A little disappointed with that.  Crowley just didn't look interested.

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 9:58pm
Are Kinsella and Toner Irish/eligible?

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 10:02pm

O Conner too, surely one of them must be..

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 10:15pm
Toner is, kinsella and o connor play for england

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 10:34pm
 CheersThumbs Up

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 11:06pm

Kevin Toner is irish. Played on the under 19's victory against holland a few days ago. Used to play for Ashbourne Utd.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Ro Mo
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 6:47pm
Surprised there's only 6 pages in here compared to 50+ in the Jack Grealish thread, some people think he's a better prospect than him.

Despite the pessimism in this thread, I'm pretty positive.

http://balls.ie/football/dan-crowleys-youth-gaa-coach-thinks-hell-play-for-ireland/ - http://balls.ie/football/dan-crowleys-youth-gaa-coach-thinks-hell-play-for-ireland/

Also, apparently he had a meeting with the FAI not too long ago and it went well.

Posted By: Eamonn68
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 8:18am
Dan's doing well
Hat trick

Would be great to get him

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1415/post/under-19/youth-league-anderlecht-4-3-arsenal

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 10:21am
Few my mates have watched Crowley play a number of times they say he class. One of their brothers is mate of Crowley and they tell me he is very proud of his Irish heritage and at the moment he is leaning towards Ireland. As mentioned above he has held talks with the FAI a few months back and they were suppose to be positive talk but what that really means about him returning to us I don't know. I think O Neill should go have a look at him and have a quiet word. The English FA are doing everything they can to hold on to him, even the English senior manager had a few words with Crowley a few weeks back and he really looks up to jack Wilshere. I be very disappointed if we missed out on this lad because he is has great potential and really is passionate about Ireland

Posted By: Locke
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 10:41am
One of the brothers mate stories

-------------
Ivan Locke: "I'm not going to turn back. I have made my decision."

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net