You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 62>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

Not sure I'd spring him against the Swiss having seen him against Birmingham, brought off to protect a lead, possibly if we're down it'd worth a shot if we're stuck. 

Can someone please google translate this?

Birmingham took him off as they didn't trust they'd hold a lead with him on, likewise, could we trust him at 0-0 to not lose?

Not sure we could, wouldn't risk it myself. Maybe that's as I'd take a draw, if someone wouldn't take a draw and wanted to go for the win he'd make sense. 

They were losing 3-0 when they took him off.
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Not sure I'd spring him against the Swiss having seen him against Birmingham, brought off to protect a lead, possibly if we're down it'd worth a shot if we're stuck. 

Birmingham took him off as they didn't trust they'd hold a lead with him on, likewise, could we trust him at 0-0 to not lose?

Not sure we could, wouldn't risk it myself. Maybe that's as I'd take a draw, if someone wouldn't take a draw and wanted to go for the win he'd make sense. 

They were losing 3-0 when they took him off.

Sorry, against Brentford in the league, few of us off here went to the match 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:57pm
Played well! Liked the look of him and think he will do a job for us in the future, just don't think Switzerland is the game for him to start off in myself but I see your point as well. 
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 9:21am
Does anyone here know about the paperwork?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 9:25am

This is a bizarre post. 

1. This is a game in which could well be hanging in the balance. More than likely be 0-0 and we need a creative spark. We have to try beat the Danes or Swiss at home. Why not go for it in this one? I don't agree with leaving it until the last home game v the big team to go for it. He could unlock their defence.

2. The Championship is a 46 games a season league. They've just signed him and he was whipped off around 20 mins from FT. Midfielders / attacking midfielders at that generally are the first to go off with a striker. How can you say with any degree of confidence that this was down to the gaffer not trusting him? It's a very strange comment to make. Then from this you have decided he wouldn't be worth the risk against the Swiss, based on him coming off after 72 mins in his first game for his new club?

.....Mind Blown

Edited by kearney304 - 08 Aug 2019 at 9:26am
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 9:37am
Can’t see Mick accommodating both Byrne and Crowley in his squad
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 9:48am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Does anyone here know about the paperwork?

Doesn't look like anyone knows. You'd imagine it would not be far off if it was started a few months ago.
If there was an issue maybe Mick would have mentioned it in the scouting report?
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Definitely not. Not Mick anyway. Given that he's unlikely to start a number 10, the idea of having 2 on the bench wouldn't make sense. They're almost identical anyway. 

Would have been nice to see Jack getting another call based on recent form but if Crowley puts in some good performances in championship, you'd have to imagine that Mick will favour him. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Definitely not. Not Mick anyway. Given that he's unlikely to start a number 10, the idea of having 2 on the bench wouldn't make sense. They're almost identical anyway. 

Would have been nice to see Jack getting another call based on recent form but if Crowley puts in some good performances in championship, you'd have to imagine that Mick will favour him. 

Confused
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 12:30pm

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Confused

Go on...
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:31pm
Birmingham have also signed another attacking midfielder Fran Villalba from Valencia.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:41pm

Byrne won't get near a starting spot under Mick

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:49pm

This is a bizarre post. 

1. This is a game in which could well be hanging in the balance. More than likely be 0-0 and we need a creative spark. We have to try beat the Danes or Swiss at home. Why not go for it in this one? I don't agree with leaving it until the last home game v the big team to go for it. He could unlock their defence.

2. The Championship is a 46 games a season league. They've just signed him and he was whipped off around 20 mins from FT. Midfielders / attacking midfielders at that generally are the first to go off with a striker. How can you say with any degree of confidence that this was down to the gaffer not trusting him? It's a very strange comment to make. Then from this you have decided he wouldn't be worth the risk against the Swiss, based on him coming off after 72 mins in his first game for his new club?

.....Mind Blown

Answered the first point already, as for the second I don't know for sure but he gave away the ball a few times, giving Brentford some good chances and missed tackles a few other times ould've been a risk to keep him on with the lead. I wouldn't have trusted keeping the lead with him on myself. 

Don't think it's overly bizarre to ask if we can trust a new, unproven, player, in home game against the top seeds to be honest. 

Edited by nvidic - 08 Aug 2019 at 3:19pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:15am

This is a bizarre post. 

.....Mind Blown

Answered the first point already, as for the second I don't know for sure but he gave away the ball a few times, giving Brentford some good chances and missed tackles a few other times ould've been a risk to keep him on with the lead. I wouldn't have trusted keeping the lead with him on myself. 

Don't think it's overly bizarre to ask if we can trust a new, unproven, player, in home game against the top seeds to be honest. 

Mind telling me what other 'proven' lads like Obafemi, Meyler, Long etc had done before they played / started for Ireland. 

It's mad our mentality. We have this fear of a creative player causing wreck and upsetting things in a match even though we would have 10 other players on the pitch. What we need are players that are comfortable getting on the ball and attempting to keep it. Plenty of lads have donned the green jersey and done feck all at club level but there was no outrage then. That's why I can't wait for Kenny to come in. Sick of the days of playing it safe.

Edited by kearney304 - 09 Aug 2019 at 9:18am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:24am

This is a bizarre post. 

.....Mind Blown

Mind telling me what other 'proven' lads like Obafemi, Meyler, Long etc had done before they played / started for Ireland. 

It's mad our mentality. We have this fear of a creative player causing wreck and upsetting things in a match even though we would have 10 other players on the pitch. What we need are players that are comfortable getting on the ball and attempting to keep it. Plenty of lads have donned the green jersey and done feck all at club level but there was no outrage then. That's why I can't wait for Kenny to come in. Sick of the days of playing it safe.

For the most part, they will have been given game time in friendlies. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:37am

This is a bizarre post. 

.....Mind Blown

It's not that mad, I saw him first hand last week against decidedly average opposition and would be fearful of him doing something to lose us the match, which would be hugely damaging. 

Fair enough if you think the opposite but 'mind blown', 'bizarre post' etc are pushing it a bit, hardly a 'mad' point of view to not want him to play that match.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 11:34am
Do you reckon I want him to start Vidic?

Can you list the elite level quality we have in that position that could potentially unlock a defence that are playing against superior standard week in week out.

Let's have a look at our elite squad playing at a super high level.

Randolph - championship - same as Crowley 

Coleman - prem 
Duffy - prem 
Keogh - championship - same as Crowley 
Stevens - championship - same as Crowley 

Attacking players (capable of unlocking the defence like Crowley would be asked to do)

Conor H - championship - same as Crowley 
Jeff H - prem 
Callum R - championship - same as Crowley 
James Mc - championship - same as Crowley 

Scotty H - championship - same as Crowley 
David Mc G - championship - same as Crowley 

Point made?

3/11 are higher standard.

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 11:47am
Did you intentionally miss the other half of those players that are playing in the premier league?

You missed more then you actually named.

Edited by darmack - 09 Aug 2019 at 11:48am
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 62>
  Share Topic