You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 62>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:30am
I would encourage  anyone who thinks Jack Byrne is better than Crowley to get out and let some fresh air into their brain
Sponsored Links

Currychips View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Currychips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:49am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

He's at around stage 4 now, the above refers to stage 5, other later stages involve being on the bench in an injury crisis, playing in an early round of the Littlewoods Cup V Yeovil (and losing), suggestions that other clubs, bigger clubs, like say, Norwich and maybe Blackburn, who have better long term prospects than WHU (Gold & Sullivan are idiots, Pellegrini will get sack before end of season, he'd be better off going to Blackburn, glory days on the way back there, no doubt about it) - are looking at him.  

Then ya have the whole Gareth Southgate looking/Roberto Martinez's cousin wants him to declare for Scotland thing, MICK MCCARTHY IS A STUBBORN IDIOT, how can we not pick this fella, should of (the 'of' was deliberate) capped him V Switzerland away, we would (of) likely have got the nil all draw regardless, WHY DID HE BRING ON KEVIN LONG INSTEAD ? Agent a ***t, oul fella is a greedy bollix, ah fcuk it lads, he's gone, forget about him. 

Eh?? Sorry mate I’m a bit confused about who you are on about 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 2:31pm
starts and gets an assist. Didn’t do a whole lot, but an assist nonetheless. 

Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 9:21pm

"Dan Crowley, 18-19. Really good young guy at 8/10, from what I've watched, he's great at passing, good in tight areas, and excellent at taking a man on. He's the main shot contributor and passer at Willem II at just 21."

Edited by Jimmy Raggatip - 25 May 2019 at 9:22pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 1:53pm
Considering O'Leary has been called up to train despite not being cleared yet, I think we can safely assume that Dan isn't in Mick's plans regardless of whether is paperwork has gone through or not.
We're decent enough..
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 10:08am
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

I would encourage  anyone who thinks Jack Byrne is better than Crowley to get out and let some fresh air into their brain
LOL
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 7:46am
Set to sign for Birmingham, fee rumored to be around 700,000 plus add ons.

At least now there's now excuses not to have a look at him
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 7:50am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Even if he never gets a game?
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 8:09am
If he was as good as he is being made out on here he’d be going for more than €700k
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

If he was as good as he is being made out on here he’d be going for more than €700k

And he's be going to Barca and not Birmingham !!!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Dutch League is a different beast, 700K is a lot for a team like Willem II.
We're decent enough..
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:45am

Is the championship better than the Dutch league? it begs my belief that a player like Liam Kelly can be a reserve last season for Reading then suddenly be good enough for Feyenoord 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Is the championship better than the Dutch league? it begs my belief that a player like Liam Kelly can be a reserve last season for Reading then suddenly be good enough for Feyenoord 

This is where European football is at the moment, Ajax won the domestic double and reached the semi finals of last seasons champions league but yet they have to go through the qualifiers for this seasons champions league. In my opinion the championship is probably around the 5th best league in Europe. Its a hard one to measure but you would imagine if say Leeds were to play in the top flight in either France, Belgium, Holland or Portugal that they would finish in the top 6. Again its only an opinion as there is no real measuring tool. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 10:22am

There is definitely a good discussion to be had about the starts of the two leagues but Liam Kelly isn't probably a good way to compare the two. New manager at Reading last season just didn't fancy him as a player. Likely to happen with some managers due to where he plays and his stature.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 10:29am
Wages in Dutch top flight is more on a par with Championship/League 1.

While transfer fees are lower on continent, the fee might also reflect where he is in his current contract.

The move is good as far as getting an international look in, but like most number 10's outside the premiership, if things aren't going well, more often than not you're the one on the chopping board. Or worse, moved to an unfamiliar position where your performance suffers and everyone be like "yeah, your man's sh!t, isn't he". "just a Luxury player" as the team reverts to a direct style. Rinse and repeat.

I hope it works out for him. What style to Birmingham play? 

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 10:32am

Not that weird. Have you seen how Kelly plays? Deep lying playmaker. He does it well in fairness, but it is a really bespoke position that he makes his own. Only down side is if Jaap gets the bullet, Kelly is under threat potentially (like last season).  
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Wages in Dutch top flight is more on a par with Championship/League 1.

While transfer fees are lower on continent, the fee might also reflect where he is in his current contract.

The move is good as far as getting an international look in, but like most number 10's outside the premiership, if things aren't going well, more often than not you're the one on the chopping board. Or worse, moved to an unfamiliar position where your performance suffers and everyone be like "yeah, your man's sh!t, isn't he". "just a Luxury player" as the team reverts to a direct style. Rinse and repeat.

I hope it works out for him. What style to Birmingham play? 

who is manager of Birmingham?

Some Spanish guy. Only caretaker coach. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pep_Clotet

Grand if he takes the job, but if Crowley isn't being bought by who ever will be next manager, you'd be concerned.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 10:40am
It's a very questionable move

He's 21, he's very unknown, he had the Dutch giants PSV and Feyernoord watch him at the Dutch Cup final and he's decided to choose a bipolar of a club such as Birmingham.
The 3 Dutch giants pride themselves of having the best training and youth academies in the world to make up for the lack of investment in the league, I feel like he jumped for greener grass too soon

There's no point trying to judge his ability, let's be honest 99% of us have gone bandwagon'd from what the Football forums have said, absolutely none of us have said "I'm staying in because Dan Crowley is playing for Willem II today"

If he does well for Birmingham then great we can actually start some legitimate discussion on him rather than basing things about stats taken from the Internet as about 40 pages of this thread has been so far.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 62>
  Share Topic