You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 62>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Mick has confirmed he won't be part of the squad for the Portugal training camp. 
Wow, so he was actually going to base his decision on seeing him only once in the flesh.

We can safely assume that if Crowley can't even get into an end of season camp, then he has next to no hope of getting in under Mick's tenure.

Or based on what he's been told by those who've watched him far more regularly, as well as his own short watch. 
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Mick has confirmed he won't be part of the squad for the Portugal training camp. 
Wow, so he was actually going to base his decision on seeing him only once in the flesh.

We can safely assume that if Crowley can't even get into an end of season camp, then he has next to no hope of getting in under Mick's tenure.

Or based on what he's been told by those who've watched him far more regularly, as well as his own short watch. 

I've watched a lot of Dutch football (and Crowley) this season, and the FAI would want to hire some new scouts if that's the case. I never expected him to walk into starting 11, but Crowley is streets ahead of Brady/Judge. Deserves at least squad selection. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:11pm

I've watched a lot of Dutch football (and Crowley) this season, and the FAI would want to hire some new scouts if that's the case. I never expected him to walk into starting 11, but Crowley is streets ahead of Brady/Judge. Deserves at least squad selection. 
I have a few reservations about Brady and his contribution to the Irish team since Euro '16, but I would be absolutely amazed if Crowley is 'streets ahead' of him.LOL
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I have a few reservations about Brady and his contribution to the Irish team since Euro '16, but I would be absolutely amazed if Crowley is 'streets ahead' of him.LOL

Prepare to be amazed! LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:17pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Prepare to be amazed! LOL
I'll remain sceptical as fellas on here don't half get carried away about Irish players. 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 11:20pm
Hope it doesn't shut the door on Crowley to put his paperwork on the one time switch in. Don't have too many young midfielders and having Dan as an option would be a plus.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:33am
Without making too much of a sweeping statement, Crowley is more of Stephen Kenny player. But in fairness to Mick, he's been dropped into this campaign, so it's understandable that he's going stick with what he knows. 
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 2:31am
So Mick is not interested. The Player has 11 goals and 6 assistances...the weird is that Jackie Byrne got called up and they are the same kind of Player in my View.

Edited by Gerry Geary - 07 May 2019 at 2:32am
Currychips View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Currychips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 4:24am
I agree about Byrne.. and actually even at that Mick selected cause of that outstanding goal he got that night. Even though they both have similar attributes I think Crowley is way ahead of Byrne. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 6:13am
It seems his paperwork has not gone through yet. The fact Mick went to watch him in the Cup Final shows there's obviously interest there. I'm sure Crowley will get his chance at some point. If he continues playing regularly and well.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 6:39am
How on earth declans were so quick to get in ??? there's something wrong with the big countries
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 10:26am

Did he? Any link?
It's not me it's you:-)
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 10:32am
https://www.the42.ie/danny-crowley-not-in-provisional-ireland-squad-4621737-May2019/

He doesn't appear to rate Crowley which is a massive shame. There would be no harm to include him in the upcoming training camp
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 11:16am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW3lii9lbgY

I had no idea this lad was as good as he appears to be. We really don't have anyone like him in the current squad, seems a shame if Mick doesn't rate him.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

So Mick is not interested. The Player has 11 goals and 6 assistances...the weird is that Jackie Byrne got called up and they are the same kind of Player in my View.
Assistances.LOL
We could do with a paramedic alright!
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW3lii9lbgY

I had no idea this lad was as good as he appears to be. We really don't have anyone like him in the current squad, seems a shame if Mick doesn't rate him.

I doubt that Mick doesn't rate him. I'm guessing that he just hasn't given him the time of day and he really hasn't been scouted properly like the League 1 lads.

Mick is going to be pragmatic for this one off qualifying campaign. Understandably so. But as you said, we really don't have an option like him, so seems baffling not to even have his abilities in reserve. 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 11:43am
Wouldn't see any harm bringing him over for the training camp, have a look at him up close and get him used to the set up as he will, or at least should be in the squad in the near future
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:31pm
Simple really. If Byrne is involved so should crowley. Everyone saying Mick is just here for one camp so bother with the token LOI selection. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 62>
  Share Topic