You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 62>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

If we get Mikey johnston from Celtic faster we can all forget about this fellow.

Imagine his link up play with Cillian Sheridan and O'Kane..

dont u think Sheridan was better than Collins ...obrien ?
Sponsored Links

Currychips View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Currychips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 5:51am
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

If we get Mikey johnston from Celtic faster we can all forget about this fellow.

I don’t know much about Mikey Johnston but in what way would it would be better to have him and not Crowley ?. Crowley comes from a big Irish family and has always been open to playing for Ireland spending a lot of time at Tramore during his childhood.
This doesn’t make him automatic starter but I’ve followed Crowley’s career since Arsenal and have watched a number of the games he has played in the Dutch league this season, and I can tell you this guy is good. 
On a side note - Scottish football is at a low standard and is getting worse I’m afraid so just cause Mikey Johnston has played a few games for Celtic doesn’t make him a world beater (yet) 
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 6:40pm
Playing as #10 vs ajax
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 1:11pm
anyone know how he played

Edited by aviva8 - 07 Apr 2019 at 1:11pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 2:52pm
Must have had a quiet game, I'm sure we'd have heard if he was any way decent.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:33am
A bit here about how he has struggle to adapt to the game of their new striker Isak who is on loan from Dortmund. Isak is a really impressive looking player but unlikely to be there next season.

Via Google Translate

It was a typical moment.  In the second half of the match against Ajax, Daniel Crowley attacked keeper André Onana from the edge of the penalty area.  It was not a happy ball contact.  His commitment lacked direction and strength, but it is what Willem II's technical staff wants to see more of him.

Read also
 Tension among Willem II fans: "Extra tickets cup final will be difficult, I fear"
 Tension among Willem II fans: "Extra tickets cup final will be difficult, I fear"
 "Crowley tends to want to combine too much," says trainer Adrie Koster.  ,, We told him that he could go for his own chance more often.  He does that now.  He is in a lesser phase.  He was quite upset against Ajax because of the quick yellow card.  It is waiting for a decisive action.  Then the form is completely back. "

He was quite upset against Ajax because of the quick yellow card.  It is waiting for a decisive action.  Then the form is completely back
 Adrie Koster
 According to Koster, Crowley's way of playing has not changed with the arrival of Alexander Isak, a completely different striker than Fran Sol.  ,, He must continue to fulfill his role, except that he may shoot a bit more from a distance, in the same way.  We are very satisfied with his progress this season.  He has made enormous strides in labor.  There is much more to be gained from its qualities. "

The Englishman is already writing beautiful figures for Willem II.  For example, this season he maneuvered a teammate into scoring position 52 times.  Diego Palacios follows with a number of 23 at a respectable distance.  If Crowley does not put anyone in front of the keeper, as in the last two games, it is immediately noticeable.

Crowley duels with Dario van den Buijs of Heracles.
 Crowley duels with Dario van den Buijs of Heracles.  © BSR Agency
 The Englishman makes a slightly irritated impression when confronted with it.  He also thinks that his game in the away match against Heracles was only rated with a six.  To add immediately that he does not play for a high score in the newspaper.  "It's about the value I have for the team and about my own development," he says.

It looks optically that something has changed for Crowley since the arrival of Isak.  The Swede likes to dribble and uses the full width of the field in the attack.  The number of dribbles from Crowley just went down.  But in practice it is not so bad.  "My way of playing has remained the same since the arrival of Isak," says Crowley.

I am concerned about the value I have for the team and my own development
 Daniel Crowley
 To feel
 However, cooperation with Isak can be even better.  Crowley acted three times as a signalist in a shot by Alexander Isak, while they were already on the field for 882 minutes.  His predecessor, Fran Sol, was given nine chances by the Englishman.  ,, The two feel better and better.  This makes Willem II better and better, "says Koster.  Crowley confirms that and thinks it is great that Willem II achieved Isak.  ,, We have won everything since he was there, except for the match against Ajax.  Who doesn't like that. "

Isak is of course the better football player compared to his Spanish predecessor.  But Crowley also has deep admiration for what Sol showed.  ,, You could rely on that very often if we needed a goal.  Then he got the ball into the penalty area and he himself had to do a lot of work to make it a goal. ”

These days it all goes more smoothly and Isak drags his teammates to a high level.  He now knows all the glances.  For Crowley that is a bit less now.  ,, But I have no problem with that.  I don't need all that attention, "says Crowley, who wraps his philosophy in a nice tile wisdom.  "The most difficult thing in football is to keep doing the simple things well."
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 12:02pm
Similar style to Wes, not too many technical players available for Ireland at the minute, a super prospect and impressive that he had the balls to head to the Dutch league to play first team football
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 2:49pm
Got an assist yesterday in a 1-1 draw.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:04pm
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/mick-mccarthy-unsure-over-bringing-14904802?fbclid=IwAR19Dgx2b4ANk_gIcetFeeDNHnGE9_eYc9yOqsEN84WYrH2XdSitK5KYZiQ

what even is this from Mick?? Confused do your job ur being paid a fortune for ffs
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:37pm
the link again:

Seems like a fairly standard Mick McCarthy response - even handed. I would be surprised if Crowley isn’t included, but I can see the logic in not wanting to maintain the message that he needs to see players to make his judgement 

Mind you, wasn’t McCarthy supposed to be at the Dutch cup final?

Edited by DeclanDaly - 28 Apr 2019 at 3:38pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

the link again:

Seems like a fairly standard Mick McCarthy response - even handed. I would be surprised if Crowley isn’t included, but I can see the logic in not wanting to maintain the message that he needs to see players to make his judgement 

Mind you, wasn’t McCarthy supposed to be at the Dutch cup final?
It hasn't been played yet. 
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 4:05pm
surely he should have took the time to go and see him already... or get scouts to go and look at him, or else watch dvds etc etc, seems very lazy and backwards to me, something that MON would have come out with
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

surely he should have took the time to go and see him already... or get scouts to go and look at him, or else watch dvds etc etc, seems very lazy and backwards to me, something that MON would have come out with
Noel King went and identified him. What more do you want?
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 4:20pm
mully is right. Poor from McCarthy 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 4:21pm
i want our national team manager who is getting paid a fortune to know everything there possibly is about every single player that could possibly improve our team... thats all lol. 

i mean what does he actually do on a daily basis? he should be working flat out, we need a freak of manager with a mindset like Bielsa to know every last detail and do everything in terms of preparation and identifying players to add to our small pool.

do u really think its an acceptable excuse to say that he cant include him because he hasn't seem him?? how long has he been in the job? 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 4:30pm
Should Mick start picking players on the basis of what posters on Irish football forums, approximately 100% of whom also haven't seen him play, say about him?

Edited by Conan - 28 Apr 2019 at 4:31pm
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Should Mick start picking players on the basis of what posters on Irish football forums, approximately 100% of whom also haven't seen him play, say about him?

No, he should go to see eligible players - especially those playing at a decent level like Crowley- and then decide who to pick.

Crowley could be s***, but he’s playing at a decent level and our national team manager should’ve seen him play
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

No, he should go to see eligible players - especially those playing at a decent level like Crowley- and then decide who to pick.

Crowley could be s***, but he’s playing at a decent level and our national team manager should’ve seen him play

this!! lol like to say i cant pick him cos i havent seen him is unacceptable and lazy... would give him more credit if he says, yes ive seen him and hes not up to it!! he went and watched Byrne play and then included him... Crowley a similar player playing at a higher level is overlooked because why?? cos he is playing in a different country?? come on its lazy and not good enough
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 62>
  Share Topic