You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 62>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 12:34am
Crowley & Grealish would be ideal for us. I feel if we get Grealish it would be much easier for Crowley to come. Here's hoping.
The only way is up
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 12:46am
Would be some turn up for the books if they both confirmed to play for us but not holding my breath
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 8:20am
first time to see crowley last night and he looks class. i'd nearly call him up straight away.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 11:15am
Crowley is not in the England under 19 squad that was announced earlier today.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Crowley is not in the England under 19 squad that was announced earlier today.

Has he 'done a Grealish' and taken himself out of international contention for the last couple of years?
Ebeneezer Goode View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebeneezer Goode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 3:42pm
It looks like it, though there is no official word. You would think he's high profile enough now that journalists might start asking questions...

Edited by Ebeneezer Goode - 27 Aug 2015 at 3:43pm
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 3:53pm
He was good last night but not brilliant by any stretch. He reminds me of a young Wes Hoolahan was muscled off the ball nearly every time he got it although he took his goal vet well wouldn't class him in Grealish's class yet.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 3:59pm
Just what we need on here. 
Another thread of gossip and rumours on whether a player will choose Ireland or England
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 4:07pm
Sure what else would ya be talking about in the lull between international fixtures? We need more of these dual nationality players - they're great craic.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

He was good last night but not brilliant by any stretch. He reminds me of a young Wes Hoolahan was muscled off the ball nearly every time he got it although he took his goal vet well wouldn't class him in Grealish's class yet.

I see he's only 5ft 6 so the comparison may be valid (nothing wrong with a small and skillful player though).
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 6:13pm
He's lighter than wes as well.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 12:22am
In my opinion, he's a way better prospect than Grealish.. The fact that he's not playing for England, and how he seems to actually have proper Irish roots makes me hopeful that he'll choose to play with us.. I just hope the FAI don't do anything stupid, eg. allow Paul Doolin to speak to him
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 12:24am
Meanwhile, it’s understood the FAI are on the verge of securing the allegiance of highly-rated Arsenal teenager Danny Crowley.

The 18-year-old, currently impressing on loan at League One outfit Barnsley, is in a similar situation to his former Villa colleague Grealish insofar as he is eligible for England and Ireland, and he’s in demand by both.

The midfielder has represented England at under-19 level but is believed to be close to switching to Noel King’s Ireland under-21 squad for their European Championship qualification campaign. 

IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 12:36am
If true then good man Dan Crowley. Hope it comes to fruition.
The only way is up
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 1:29am
What a result if true.

The caveat is of course that John Fallon's article contains no quotes. And we saw what happened when Sam Wallace wrote a similar piece about Jack Grealish today.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Ebeneezer Goode View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebeneezer Goode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 3:29am
I think if this had any truth in it then they'd have surely made it a full article rather than just casually tacking it onto the end of piece about Grealish. I also find it hard to believe that all the paperwork would be under way behind the scenes between the two FA's yet the story hasn't been leaked in England to anyone. Plus he didn't even get his facts right, Crowley has never represented England at U19 level.

Edited by Ebeneezer Goode - 11 Sep 2015 at 3:31am
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 7:50am
Fingers crossed. That would be huge.
Willy_S View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 10:11am
If Crowley plays for our u21s that means he can't switch back to England right? Will have already switched twice if he plays for us again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 62>
  Share Topic