Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boring boring FA Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 47>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

You’re aggressive opinion.

Klopp gave you his opinion and he thinks you’re a farce.
We are all aggressive opinion.
Well spotted LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:17pm
LOLLOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:39pm
Liverpool disrespecting the cup by putting out a team that wins and goes through......
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Liverpool disrespecting the cup by putting out a team that wins and goes through......
The result was surely never in doubt, Liverpool’s tenth string should be winning. I’m also not sure it disrespected the competition, it’s far too late for that, but it was insulting to their own customers.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 12:29am

The result was surely never in doubt, Liverpool’s tenth string should be winning. I’m also not sure it disrespected the competition, it’s far too late for that, but it was insulting to their own customers.

I don’t think any Liverpool supporter gives a sh*t in the grand scheme of things. I don’t think anyone would have really gave a sh*t if Everton had knocked us out in the last game. It’s all about being best prepped for the league and CL. At least this season where we are desperate to win the league (in the bag) and making a third final on the trot also goes a long way to cementing this sides legacy, many multiple times over compared to winning an fa
Cup
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It’s farcical that Klopp himself didn’t show up
Alright play the kids if you want, but ridiculous that he isn’t there because he’s on holidays 
That’s something you’d hear from a junior club GAA manager

Agreed. Fair enough giving the players a break, he's not the first manager to do, and they deserve the chance to recover, especially if the reserves are more than capable of winning games, which they have proven they are.

But this "it's not his team" line is bullsh*t. He's the manager of the club. If Pep had pulled this stunt he'd be vilified for it. But because Klopp is a character he gets away with it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 7:15am
What Klopp chose to do was 100% wrong. But he has massive kudos with the fans for their  domination in the league. He can pretty much do as he likes
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 7:16am
Klopp giving the players a promised break is fair enough. The FA should have scrapped the replays to avoid this anyway but that’s for another day.
He could have let the U23 manager still be manager but fly in for the game and sit on the bench to show his support. That’s leadership, that’s showing respect to the fans who have paid money. 

If Jose done it there would be a lot more uproar. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 7:43am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I don’t think any Liverpool supporter gives a sh*t in the grand scheme of things. I don’t think anyone would have really gave a sh*t if Everton had knocked us out in the last game. It’s all about being best prepped for the league and CL. At least this season where we are desperate to win the league (in the bag) and making a third final on the trot also goes a long way to cementing this sides legacy, many multiple times over compared to winning an fa
Cup
Probably not, but the vast majority are blinkered in their thinking and, in Liverpool, and all the other big franchises cases, this doesn’t impact on the vast majority of them. That doesn’t change the disdain he has shown here. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:41am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

What Klopp chose to do was 100% wrong. But he has massive kudos with the fans for their  domination in the league. He can pretty much do as he likes

That's it in a nutshell.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:51am
Great performance from a team with an average age of 19 I think. Van Den Berg at the back was solid. Williams & Jones look like they're comfortably slot into the first 11 if needed. Hard to believe Elliot is only 16, crazy. 
Don't know what yer man was at for the og
Some people just deserve a slap
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:56am

...the vast majority [of Liverpool supporters] are blinkered in their thinking

But you're not.

Where would we all be without your insight? Confused
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Klopp giving the players a promised break is fair enough. The FA should have scrapped the replays to avoid this anyway but that’s for another day.
He could have let the U23 manager still be manager but fly in for the game and sit on the bench to show his support. That’s leadership, that’s showing respect to the fans who have paid money. 

It's defeating the purpose. It's a winter break. Liverpool should not be playing  any games during this period. Any other week of the season and Kloppwwohis players would be present as usual. Hopefully the FA wil get the point, but somehow I doubt it.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 12:13pm
Very strange that so many gave out about Liverpool's first team players and Klopp not being involved in this match. There was an agreement for a winter break, and I presume the FA were part of or at least informed about this break.

So the whole issue is around scheduling which Klopp is rightly highlighting by not being at the game. Who in their right mind fixtures replays during a winter break. It's the kind of sh*te you would have expected from a John Delaney ran gombeen FA.

Agree with Planning completely (I feel grimey now LOL)
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Who in their right mind fixtures replays during a winter break.

Tbf, Shrewsbury and the other 71 EFL clubs aren't on a winter break.

Nor are half the PL clubs, either (at least not yet).

And all this could have been avoided had LFC put out a winning team in the original game.

More generally, the problem is really that successful clubs like LFC are being asked to play ever more high-intensity games these days. And blame for that cannot be laid solely at the hands of the FA, not least because they have progressively reduced the number of FA Cup games (eg fewer replays etc) and rescheduled to midweek, whilst UEFA, for instance, are increasing CL games.

Add to that the fact that the PL, for whom LFC has an equal vote with the other teams, has never reduced its membership to 18 teams (i.e. 4 fewer PL games), as originally promised.

Above all, it's a bit rich for LFC to be complaining about fatigue and overplaying etc, just a few months after they flew all the way out to the USA in July for pre-season friendlies in Indiana, Massachusetts* and New York.

For the second year running. Confused

* - Fenway Park, to be precise. That name ring a bell for any Liverpool fans? Wink
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 1:39pm
During pre-season you play pre-season friendlies.

During a pre-arranged and agreed upon break, you dont.

Simples.

You can argue all you want.

I agreed with Utd in 2000 aswell.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 1:47pm

Yeah, but you don't have to fly 8,000 miles to and from a different time zone to do so, which was my point.

You know, fatigue and all that.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Yeah, but you don't have to fly 8,000 miles to and from a different time zone to do so, which was my point.

You know, fatigue and all that.

Nobody isn't going to pretend that these pre-season tours aren't to a large extent about money.
But the reason Liverpool are going back to the US is Klopp has insisted on it  - He wants them to be away and given the facilities available to them in the US over other parts of the world, he told FSG he wanted the States over Asia, Australia. Fatigue doesn't come into it as teams set their own pre-season schedules. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 47>
  Share Topic