You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 329>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Just heard on the radio in the car there. That lad fatally assaulted in Cork approached someone in a car and was attacked with a samurai sword. WTF.
From what I understand he turned up for a drug deal while also owing the drug dealer money. Seems the dealer looked for the money, yer man said something smart to him and the dealer reached into his car and pulled out a sword. 
Town gone to sh*t. Rife with drugs the last 18 months. Everyone knows whose running it but they have like gangs of travellers or in some cases the people who owe them money doing their dirty work then for them so the cops struggle to link it to them.

It was all caught on CCTV and plenty of witnesses. Everyone knows who did it and he's on the run since. They raided a few houses in town yesterday looking for him and a few more of his cronies. So hopefully only a matter of time before he's caught and hopefully the start of the crackdown needed in Cobh. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 2:45pm
https://twitter.com/WhispersNewsLTD/status/1770783089343504394?t=-cxz0NcQe05z4oQQiC3qFg&s=19

"People Planning Violent Assaults Urged To Take Up Inter-County Hurling To Avoid Jail".

When did WWN stop reporting satire?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

https://twitter.com/RTEgaa/status/1770418366114603476?t=UYhNukzGKOzkY9OG4RvUIA&s=19

Kyle Hayes 2 years suspended sentence and 10k compensation. Pity the compensation wasn't 50k your man deserves better justice.

One of the benefits of being part of the GAA community. Watch the people row in behind them and the character references fly in. Even for the child molesters like this one: http://www.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/ex-teacher-who-groomed-girl-13-for-sex-can-be-named-says-judge/40058566.html
Yeah the good old GAA privilege. One of the many groups in this country getting unfair treatment and I'm a GAA man myself.

How is this GAA privilege? Seem quite a fair sentence   
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

https://twitter.com/RTEgaa/status/1770418366114603476?t=UYhNukzGKOzkY9OG4RvUIA&s=19

Kyle Hayes 2 years suspended sentence and 10k compensation. Pity the compensation wasn't 50k your man deserves better justice.

One of the benefits of being part of the GAA community. Watch the people row in behind them and the character references fly in. Even for the child molesters like this one: http://www.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/ex-teacher-who-groomed-girl-13-for-sex-can-be-named-says-judge/40058566.html
Yeah the good old GAA privilege. One of the many groups in this country getting unfair treatment and I'm a GAA man myself.

Nothing fair about it. Thug should do time if right was right 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Is the sentence any different than any other 'violent disorder' case though?

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 4:22pm

In lawless Ireland right is rarely right.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 4:26pm

The evidence and witness accounts in this case are a lot more damning than your typical dust up imo
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 4:36pm

The evidence and witness accounts in this case are a lot more damning than your typical dust up imo

But he wasn't charged with the more serious assault outside due to lack of evidence.

So two years for 'violent disorder' sounds about right to me.

The GAA bashing is lame

Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 5:22pm

But he wasn't charged with the more serious assault outside due to lack of evidence.

The GAA bashing is lame

Personally I believe if he’s not a 5 time AI winner that is regularly in the public eye, he would have done time. 2 year sentence with 18 months suspended maybe 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 5:31pm

The GAA bashing is lame

Personally I believe if he’s not a 5 time AI winner that is regularly in the public eye, he would have done time. 2 year sentence with 18 months suspended maybe 
Tbf there have been some shocking lenient sentences for average Joe's lately. Especially nonces and sex offenders. Probably always been this way. We need a new prison built ASAP so judges can dish it out. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 8:53pm
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 9:07pm
Senior Counsel Padraig Dwyer said Hanratty Snr was "a decent human being" who worked hard all his life, who donated to local charities and supported the GAA and "rears turkeys to distribute to struggling families at Christmas". Dead

Hopefully he gets put in a cell with a burly tattooed man from Donaghcloney or Ballyhalbert.

Edited by razzmatazaz - 21 Mar 2024 at 9:07pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 11:46am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Just heard on the radio in the car there. That lad fatally assaulted in Cork approached someone in a car and was attacked with a samurai sword. WTF.
From what I understand he turned up for a drug deal while also owing the drug dealer money. Seems the dealer looked for the money, yer man said something smart to him and the dealer reached into his car and pulled out a sword. 
Town gone to sh*t. Rife with drugs the last 18 months. Everyone knows whose running it but they have like gangs of travellers or in some cases the people who owe them money doing their dirty work then for them so the cops struggle to link it to them.

It was all caught on CCTV and plenty of witnesses. Everyone knows who did it and he's on the run since. They raided a few houses in town yesterday looking for him and a few more of his cronies. So hopefully only a matter of time before he's caught and hopefully the start of the crackdown needed in Cobh. 
The prime suspect for this (whose still on the run) seems to have spent yesterday on Facebook putting laughing reactions on any posts referring to the incident. As well as posting threats to anyone who has shared videos of his house being raided or who passed comment on his actions.

A psychopath. Confused

The rumour around the place is that he's being hidden by travellers and may well be out of the country.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 12:09pm

The prime suspect for this (whose still on the run) seems to have spent yesterday on Facebook putting laughing reactions on any posts referring to the incident. As well as posting threats to anyone who has shared videos of his house being raided or who passed comment on his actions.

A psychopath. Confused

The rumour around the place is that he's being hidden by travellers and may well be out of the country.

Careful now. He might find you.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 11:19pm
McGregor about to have his day in court for a civil trial re. the rape he was accused of. Just saw this interview for his new movie:

The man looks like he's on deaths door 
Here we go again
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

A psychopath. Confused

Careful now. He might find you.
Caught in a B&B in Waterford.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 8:32am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

McGregor about to have his day in court for a civil trial re. the rape he was accused of. Just saw this interview for his new movie:

Hopefully he opens it 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Hopefully he opens it 
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 329>
  Share Topic