You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 267268269270271 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2023 at 1:31pm
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2023 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Not really a crime, but how no injuries from this is mad

very lucky all right, but luckily i think that carpark roof has only 2/3 floors, so not massive height to build up speed to impact

Edited by Huggybeer - 10 Jul 2023 at 2:09pm
Getting old and intolerant
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 4:06pm
Mad that it's a 14 year old boy who is being charged with beating the American tourist.
Certain streets you'd avoid or be weary of, but ya wouldn't expect to have to watch your back from some 14 year old.

US embassy telling tourists not to travel alone either now.
The dark side.. And the light
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Mad that it's a 14 year old boy who is being charged with beating the American tourist.
Certain streets you'd avoid or be weary of, but ya wouldn't expect to have to watch your back from some 14 year old.

In and around Dublin City centre has gotten bad since Covid.

You have pre-teens and teenagers going around on bikes (BMX) and electric scooters causing trouble.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 4:38pm
I was reading on Twitter after this that a lot of people are getting some severe beatings in unprovoked attacks.

Unsurprisingly, Garda nowhere to be seen.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 4:38pm

I live out Griffith Avenue area and would walk home most nights from nights out (11pm/midnight), I'm 6"2' so there's definitely easier prey but I'm definitely getting more cautious of walking along that part of the world. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 4:47pm
My young lad is 15. He’s as tall as me (6ft) and built (not like me as in fat) and in a group could be as intimidating and dangerous as any grown man. Goes without saying that the cops and a judge would be the least of his worries if he ever involved himself in anything like this, but Im just making the point that kids aren’t built like kids.

Theres 13 & 14 yr olds similarly built and they have no fear and there are little to no repercussions. Its just a game to these scrotes who eye a bit of craic and an easy few quid, and often their parents don’t give a f**k either. They only meet ‘discipline’ in the home if they bring a Guard to the door.

Our whole justice system needs overhauling, thats juvenile justice, adults and family law, its farcical. I was in court earlier this year through a work issue and the defendant had 98 previous convictions which included a vast array of offences, including but not limited to, assault, burglary, affray, public order offences, numerous driving offences. At the time of his arrest (and the point where my involvement unfortunately began) he was on a 15 year ban.

He was subsequently convicted in his absence as he failed to show (2 separate bench warrants issued over the numerous adjournments) and was then sentenced later on another date when he was brought in front of the judge. His punishment for the latest badge of honour was €500 fine and another 5 year ban. You couldn’t make it up.

Edited by Sham157 - 26 Jul 2023 at 4:49pm
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 5:13pm
People will say these sort of people need rehabilitation to help turn their lives around, but most of these f*ckers need to be taken off the streets.
What use is a ban to them when they don't care. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 5:47pm
It's always middle class clowns with strange accents that always blame someone other than the criminals. Cork is plagued by junkies. They are fuxking everywhere. 20 Garda will turn up on overtime for Turners Cross or Pairc Ui Chaoimh but not one to be seen in Junkie land.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 10:50am
15 years a piece for the three people convicted of the Strokestown attack in 2018. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 1:08pm
Killing the dog and then getting one of the guys to eat the dog faeces is pretty disgusting.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 1:17pm

Killing the dog and then getting one of the guys to eat the dog faeces is pretty disgusting.
Horrendous thing to do....did the 3 fellas who were convicted admit this ? I dont know the full story to this other than the security guards were legally protecting a property repossessed by KBC, and yer men were convicted of attacking the security guards. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 1:31pm

Both incidents are worth a sentence alone.

Would like to read more into what happened here.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 1:37pm
The list of charges was very long, and the three were found guilty of the vast majority of them. No admission, no remorse. One of them played the 'sovereign citizen' card during the trial and represented himself before claiming an unfair trial. An extraordinary act that was premeditated and organised. Apparently there was a mob of supporters in court howling about the sentence after it was handed down.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 1:48pm
What kind of group/mob would this be? People rising up against evictions? Members of criminal organisation? Traveller community? Right wing nuts?

Edited by t_rAndy - 29 Jul 2023 at 1:48pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What kind of group/mob would this be? People rising up against evictions? Members of criminal organisation? Traveller community? Right wing nuts?

Banks hiring former Loyalist paramilitaries and British security forces (apparently) evicting Irish people out of their homes, yet it was the tax payer who bailed the banks out of it.

This does not sit well with people.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Banks hiring former Loyalist paramilitaries and British security forces (apparently) evicting Irish people out of their homes, yet it was the tax payer who bailed the banks out of it.

Ok, interesting.  Can imagine the type of people it doesn't sit well with!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Apparenty…any chance this is fake news?  
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 267268269270271 329>
  Share Topic