You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 10:38am
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

55,000 euros compensation for exaggerating a few minor injuries and being sworn at. What a country.

75 Shocked

Probably would 
Why no wine??!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 8:16am
LOL
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:40am
Probably doesn't belong in this thread but don't know where else to put it. 13-year-old boy dies at school after being hit by sliotar. I thought the sliotar was the stick, but according to the article, it's the ball. I've been hit full whack in the face with a football before and got hit in the head with a golf ball at decent speed at a friend's house. Reading stuff like this puts it into perspective; I know a sliotar is more dangerous than a football, but the golf ball thing could've killed me or maimed me.

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:44am

Probably doesn't belong in this thread but don't know where else to put it. 13-year-old boy dies at school after being hit by sliotar. I thought the sliotar was the stick, but according to the article, it's the ball. I've been hit full whack in the face with a football before and got hit in the head with a golf ball at decent speed at a friend's house. Reading stuff like this puts it into perspective; I know a sliotar is more dangerous than a football, but the golf ball thing could've killed me or maimed me.

That’s a tragic story. RIP to the poor young lad and god love his family.

How did you not know what a sliotar is? I’m not trying to get you to divulge personal info but you can’t have grown up in Ireland?
El Puto Amo
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

That’s a tragic story. RIP to the poor young lad and god love his family.

How did you not know what a sliotar is? I’m not trying to get you to divulge personal info but you can’t have grown up in Ireland?

Never played or watched hurling! Soccer was the only team sport I played. I knew lads who played GAA but nobody I knew played hurling. I knew of a sliotar but would've thought that was the stick.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:57am
Why is this in the Crime thread? Confused
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:17am
The crime here is that Hotlips doesn't know his hurley from his sliotar!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:29am
In fairness to HH, I made the same mistake years ago when my gah mad ex-boss sent me down to get a sliotar from Elvery's in Westport. Embarrassed I even said sliotar to the staff while holding the hurley and none of the sods thought to correct me or stop me walking out the door with it. Probably couldn't believe I wouldn't know that The sliotar was the ball.

Mayo's not much of a hurling county so that's my pathetic defence sorted. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Got there ahead me.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:35pm
At least nobody's calling it a hurl
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 1:38pm
Is the proper name for the ‘stick’ not Camán? 

And regardless, no excuse for anyone from Ireland not knowing what a sliotar is ffs. Monaghan is not exactly a hurling stronghold ffs but i always knew what a sliotar/sliothar was.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

LOL This 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 2:27pm
Holy f**k!!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 2:29pm
I bet Territorial knows what a sliotar is...
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

In fairness to HH, I made the same mistake years ago when my gah mad ex-boss sent me down to get a sliotar from Elvery's in Westport. Embarrassed I even said sliotar to the staff while holding the hurley and none of the sods thought to correct me or stop me walking out the door with it. Probably couldn't believe I wouldn't know that The sliotar was the ball.

Good jaysis 🤣
El Puto Amo
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Wrong thread.

You know where to go.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

At least nobody's calling it a hurl

Saw something within the last year that it's very much country/province dependant. Hurl seemed to be the general consensus around Leinster.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 329>
  Share Topic