You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 329>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

see some were trying to link the murder/suicides to mental health caused by lockdowns. The Indian family was murder and Cork was a good old fashioned land dispute! 

Tragic all the same. RIP

Do you know something more in relation to the issue in Ballinteer as it hasn’t been confirmed as murder as far as I know.   

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/chief-suspect-in-ballinteer-triple-strangulation-murder-is-under-24-hour-surveillance-by-gardai-39685087.html

Still hasn’t been confirmed.  It’s likely what happened.  
My people tell me there’s been hassle in that house in the previous lockdown this year. Make what you want of thst
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:49am
Any people from the area know if Llewelyn is Rathfarnham or Ballinteer?
Each news outlet seems to call it something different. RTE news said it is 'an area between Rathfarnham and Ballinteer'.
The dark side.. And the light
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:54am

see some were trying to link the murder/suicides to mental health caused by lockdowns. The Indian family was murder and Cork was a good old fashioned land dispute! 

Tragic all the same. RIP

Do you know something more in relation to the issue in Ballinteer as it hasn’t been confirmed as murder as far as I know.   

Well they didn't strangle themselves. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:55am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Each news outlet seems to call it something different. RTE news said it is 'an area between Rathfarnham and Ballinteer'.
yeah it’s a tricky one. I’d say it’s on the rathfarnham side of the road. The estates either side of Llewelyn on that side of the road would be rathfarnham. Across the road Scoil Naithi,BCS,Hill View etc are all Ballinteer
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:56am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

yeah it’s a tricky one. I’d say it’s on the rathfarnham side of the road. The estates either side of Llewelyn on that side of the road would be rathfarnham. Across the road Scoil Naithi,BCS,Hill View etc are all Ballinteer

Just call it Nutgrove and leave it at that.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:57am
Stone Masons way is the road that splits Rathfarnham and Ballinteer. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:58am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Just call it Nutgrove and leave it at that.
had a few take away stout from 3 rock at the weekend. Decent👍
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 11:20am
Its's where I live and would call it Rathfarnham. Confused where I live.
There's a lot of boundaries on Stonemasons way, roundabout at Barton Rd is Dundrum I think.

Is Nutgrove an area in itself or part of Rathfarnham? Bit like Firhouse is. 
The dark side.. And the light
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 11:34am

There's a lot of boundaries on Stonemasons way, roundabout at Barton Rd is Dundrum I think.

Technically I think Nutgroves address is Rathfarnham. Rathfarnham is fooking huge, takes in Nutgrove, parts of Ballyboden and even Ballyroan.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 12:57pm

Technically I think Nutgroves address is Rathfarnham. Rathfarnham is fooking huge, takes in Nutgrove, parts of Ballyboden and even Ballyroan.
This brings us to the interesting category of sub-suburbs, ie. places that are sometimes referred to as distinct areas but are more commonly thought of part of a greater suburb

Tallaght has plenty of examples of this, ie. Kilnamanagh, Fettercairn, Jobstown, Killinarden, Balrothery, Kingswood, Old Bawn, but everybody not from Tallaght just thinks of all of those as "Tallaght"

Greater Blanchardstown is similar, there's Huntstown, Hartstown, Whitestown, Blakestown, Corduff, and a few more, but these are pretty much meaningless terms to anybody not from the area

Cherry Orchard is really Ballyfermot

There's Neilstown, Ronanstown, Rowlagh, Quarryvale, they're basically the same place

Ballyroan and Perrystown are really sub-areas 

Like, what's Perrystown, I think's basically somewhere that is stuck in between Walkinstown, Crumlin, Kimmage, Greenhills and Templeogue

It's all of those places and yet none of them

Never really considered Glenageary, Deansgrange, Galloping Green, Windy Arbour or Kill O The Grange to be proper places either 

Harmonstown is a bit nebulous

Bluebell is another one

I guess the suburbs with the strongest identity are ones that had pre-existing villages, like everybody knows what Rathfarnham village or Tallaght village or Lucan village or Blanchardstown village or Coolock village are

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

This brings us to the interesting category of sub-suburbs, ie. places that are sometimes referred to as distinct areas but are more commonly thought of part of a greater suburb

Tallaght has plenty of examples of this, ie. Kilnamanagh, Fettercairn, Jobstown, Killinarden, Balrothery, Kingswood, Old Bawn, but everybody not from Tallaght just thinks of all of those as "Tallaght"

Greater Blanchardstown is similar, there's Huntstown, Hartstown, Whitestown, Blakestown, Corduff, and a few more, but these are pretty much meaningless terms to anybody not from the area

There's Neilstown, Ronanstown, Rowlagh, Quarryvale, they're basically the same place

Like, what's Perrystown, I think's basically somewhere that is stuck in between Walkinstown, Crumlin, Kimmage, Greenhills and Templeogue

Never really considered Glenageary, Deansgrange, Galloping Green, Windy Arbour or Kill O The Grange to be proper places either 

Bluebell is another one

I guess the suburbs with the strongest identity are ones that had pre-existing villages, like everybody knows what Rathfarnham village or Tallaght village or Lucan village or Blanchardstown village or Coolock village are

Even Neilstown, which most would class as the area after the neilstown bridge and ronanstown from the south and foxdeane to the west and as far as liffey valley, this can be technically classed as Clondalkin I believe, or often referred as such in media whenever something happens there .

Tallaght I consider all the areas you mentioned but then some grey areas like ballymount and Kingswood Heights, parts of the latter are technically part of D.22 i understand 

Edited by t_rAndy - 30 Oct 2020 at 1:11pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 2:32pm
Firhouse doesn’t have Tallaght in its address. But it is in d24. 
I’d class nutgrove as Rathfarnham. Is the other side of nutgrove Avenue classed as Churchtown? The side that the Church is on?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 2:48pm

Firhouse doesn’t have Tallaght in its address. But it is in d24. 
I’d class nutgrove as Rathfarnham. Is the other side of nutgrove Avenue classed as Churchtown? The side that the Church is on?

Firhouse Clap. A lot of Ballycullen is D24 but don't think anyone would class it as Tallaght, couple of miles away from Tallaght Village.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 3:22pm
What surburb is the Navan Road in? 

Yis know what I mean by the Navan Road

My impression that "the Navan Road" is termed as its own quasi-suburb, rather than as part of Cabra or Ashtown 

Cedarwood Road is interesting one, that's where Bono grew up

Bono claims it's Ballymun for street cred reasons

I have a feeling the people living there now would claim it's Glasnevin

Glasnevin is now claimed to extend very far north for house price and snobbish reasons

But a look at the map says Cedarwood Road is probably Finglas more than anywhere else

But the houses there don't look like what Finglas looks like in the popular imagination

You know that long road that stretches from Ballyfermot all the way over through Walkinstown through Rathfarnham and Dundrum over to the Stillorgan dual carriageway

I bet if you asked people to identify the bit on that road where Greenhills becomes Templeogue, everybody would pick the same spot, it's the bit where the houses change from terraced ones with no grass verges to semi-detached ones with grass verges

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 3:36pm

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Bluebell is another one

Even Neilstown, which most would class as the area after the neilstown bridge and ronanstown from the south and foxdeane to the west and as far as liffey valley, this can be technically classed as Clondalkin I believe, or often referred as such in media whenever something happens there .

Tallaght I consider all the areas you mentioned but then some grey areas like ballymount and Kingswood Heights, parts of the latter are technically part of D.22 i understand 

Neilstown is sometimes referred to as North Clondalkin 

I've always just referred to it as Neilstown

The borders of Neilstown as I see it are the M50 on the east, the N4 to the north, Fonthill Road to the west, and the rail line to the south

But then there are little bits in between Neilstown and Lucan or Palmerstown that I'm not quite sure how to classify

And then within the borders I classify above, you know where Finches is, is that Neilstown or Ronanstown, a quick Google says the Super Valu there classes itself as "Rowlagh"

And the Garda Station is called Ronanstown 

But that's just around the corner from Neilstown Shopping Centre

Then there's also Collinstown, the school there is Collinstown Park  

Before or during Liffey Valley shopping centre was being built it was sometimes referred to as "the Quarryvale development"

All of this is within the stretch of maybe a mile or less

The suburb with the many names

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 3:51pm
the sooner they start flying planes again the better 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 3:58pm

the sooner they start flying planes again the better 😀
The airport was originally called Collinstown but this is a different Collinstown to the Collinstown in Neilstown

I am unaware if either are a reference to Michael Collins

Perhaps you could find that out for us
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 3:59pm
Yeah the shops at Finches is Rowlagh. My old parish😎
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 329>
  Share Topic